Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-13-2015, 05:28 AM   #15
Oh yea I don't have that junk. We do have 2 farm trucks with it. We deleted that crap off our 09 dodge. Cost $2,200. Deleted the egr and straight piped it. Got rid of all the crap. ITs kind of loud but way more power. Also have a 13 Chevy duramax. Its still stock but we are 8 miles from the nearest town so it does get a little highway time.

93 Jayco RK 325
07 Chevy classic crew cab long box LBZ Duramax
Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #16
I believe the federal length limit on interstates is 65 feet. A 40 foot fifthwheel and toad will definitely put you over that limit. Several states allow 'triple towing' and most of them will never bother you. I have triple towed for over 20 years and was stopped once in Kansas and measured. The SP meaured my rig at 64', 11 and 1/2" inches. He laughed and told me not to get any bugs on my grill or would be over length.

BillK41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #17
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have DD my '14 Ram diesel with DEF for over a year now with no issues and most of my trips are <6 miles. No need or desire to delete, to each his own.
I think towing a vehicle 4-down behind any TT is a bad idea due to the extra forces if a Vehicle 4-down when turning. Just drive that truck, short runs won't kill it.

2014 Wind River 250RDSW
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie 4x4, Snugtop shell,
One big spoiled Bernese Mtn Dog
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

tow, towing