Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Not sure what all the fuss is about. My trailer came with Goodyear G rated / 110psi tires. Not cheap and correct for the trailer specs. I would say if people are having problems with tires, they're probably buying cheap quality to save some money. I'd say it's not the best place to try to save money. Why is it such an issue? Buy quality tires according to the trailer specs and keep them at the manufacturer's specified pressure.

I would start buying these but my rims are 15 inch and they don't make them for 15 inch rims. I would have to do alot more than just buy the tires to be able to use them. Many others will have 14 and even 13 inch rims. If there is a good tire that will fit I haven't found it. All seem to be china bombs
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
I would start buying these but my rims are 15 inch and they don't make them for 15 inch rims. I would have to do alot more than just buy the tires to be able to use them. Many others will have 14 and even 13 inch rims. If there is a good tire that will fit I haven't found it. All seem to be china bombs
A European option.

GoodyearÂ*Cargo G26

Click on the specs....225/70R15C = 2470# @ 65 PSI.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #73

Quote:
Get larger wheels.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #74

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
Get larger wheels.
Good idea. I only need about $800 to do that. Better pad that up to $900 for the trouble. I'll take a cashiers check. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:49 AM   #75

You can't get larger wheels without changing hubs and possibly axles.

The European option are not E rated.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Just got my Carlisle Radial Trail HD mounted yesterday morning at Discount Tire. 235/80R16s were around $120 less (for 4 tires) than Maxxis and rated @ 3520# load capacity while Maxxis are 3420#....both at 80psi.
Let us know how you like them. I run 15".
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #77

"Carlisle Radial Trail HD"

I just found these at our local Discount in 15" and E and they sell the replacement certificates with these. Now that's what I'm looking for.

At another forum, someone said they got them and theirs actually said made In USA on the sidewall.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #78

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
At another forum, someone said they got them and theirs actually said made In USA on the sidewall.
You know what I say to that? "Pics or it didn't happen."
Old 06-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #79

Quote:
"Carlisle Radial Trail HD"

I just found these at our local Discount in 15" and E and they sell the replacement certificates with these. Now that's what I'm looking for.

Had my new "Carlisle Radial Trail HD" mounted Tuesday morning. I just checked. They say "Made In China". Mine are 235/80R16
Old 06-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #80

Not a member there. Just a search brought me to that. I think I'm going to go for it today. I just need one to replace one bomb. Unfortunately, the other 3 bombs are still almost brand new. I hate to get just one but finances are what they are. I also hate to say maybe we'll bomb one more on our next outing. So far every boom has hurt only the itself but you never know each time.

By the way, what I am replacing is a Greenball Tire. I had never heard of them before. At that time, every search i did looked like everyone liked them. Now I search and I get tons of tire go boom for no reason story. The warranty also sounded so good. our first boom had just maybe 200 miles in it. I contacted the mfg and they said that was very unusual sounding. They even paid to have it shipped to them. Thier findings were I drove it flat for a long distance, although I had just got a funny feeling and I was looking it it, nit low or flat when it blew. For no reason. Nothing had been run over. It had no nails. Air had been checked and maybe had 50 miles on it since then so i know it wasn't low. They denied the warranty anyway. I really do not want to ever get another one of them although we were forced to as that was all the place had where we were.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #81

I decided to go with 1 of the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. Two things about it that I really liked. Discount did do thier replacement certificate. I asked it I brought it back to the in the same shape as what I was taking off in, which was the kid sent to get it had to make two trips to carry all the pieces to thier recycle pile. They said yep, if she blows I get a new one. I'm hoping that day won't come.

Another plus. Last week my son took his truck into the same place to get his tires rotated and balanced. In true modern tire shop fashion, they kill a lug bolt. He hhad called me when they did it and the tech came to him and had told him and they had already setup a shop in town to replace it at thier expense. They are easy to do on his truck. He gets to the shop and they tell him the lug had spun inside the hole of the hub and it wallered it out too much for a stud to work again so the hub had to be replaced. They called Discount and then it became a Discount had to get back withh the shop, and the shop said they will only install thier hub wich had a 30 day warranty. I had just replaced the hubs with 3 year warrnties and they would not install one of those.

So fast forward to today. I stoppe dby and got receipts for both hubs, then went and talked to the discount manager. At first he didnt find anything about the incedent, then he says wait, thier computers blinked off and my sons texts were at the same time. He went and looked and found a note or something about it on his desk and said no problem. I'll call corporate and have them mail you a $300 check to cover the hub so i can get one with a new warranty. Great guy. Very nice and positive about it all.

So now my new delima. One pair of the original tires we've been running always looked more rounded. I have thought maybe because we've been pulling so nose high that maybe these just didn't have any wear. So today, having one off, i placed it beside another one. It is 2 and 1/4 inches taller. Like what the heck. The sidewall is obviously larger then the sidewalls on the others. All 4 were from the same place installed at the same time. Y'all think maybe that I got a pair mis branded somehow and they are actually different tires?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160609_200952.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	129677  
Old 06-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #82

You can see the the taller one is more round and the other is flat topped
Old 06-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #83

That bomb is ready to detonate, either let the air out of it immediately, or play it safe and stand back and shoot it. I hope you don't keep buying tires from China.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #84

The tall tire looks like its defective. I would have two new tires mounted on the driver's side.
Better not to have to work on the traffic side in the event of more old tire trouble.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires