Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #1

Used Hensley Hitch's

Has anyone ordered a reconditioned Hensley arrow hitch. If so any problems with there warranty.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #2

Check into the new ProPride hitches--based on the Hensley design and better. And may be cheaper than a used Hensley. www.propridehitch.com The owner is a super nice guy and will talk to you personally if you call him.
Joe

Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #3

What Joe said!

Joe
jerzeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #4

Joe,

Thanks for the responce. I have talked with Sean. He seams like a straight shooter. I'm trying to decide between the hensley and the propride. The Hensley has been around a long time while the propride the new kid on the block. Do you or anyone you know own a 3p hitch? If so what do you think?
Thanks
Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #5

Go to www.MyRVTalk.com and look at the hitches section--you will see many testimonials to the "3P" hitch and how well it works. Also, do a little reading on the thread about "Hensley and Lies" to get some background on the situation between Hensley Mfg and Propride--sort of an eye-opener.
I had a Hensley Arrow for about 3 years while pulling a 30FKS Sunnybrook, and it worked as advertised. Jim Hensley is no longer affiliated with Hensley Mfg, and Sean Woodruff has re-designed?/updated? the Hensley Arrow approach. Were I to be in the travel trailer business still, knowing what I know and read about the 3P, that is the one I would purchase and use.
Joe
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #6

Hensley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2988 View Post
Has anyone ordered a reconditioned Hensley arrow hitch. If so any problems with there warranty.
You had better be careful with a propride it is not an updated version but the first
design Hensley discarded for the version they have now. If you break the yoke on
the propride you will be setting somewhere waiting for the replacement part. Also
Jim Hensley was never with Hensley. Hensley bought the design from Jim and
named it after him. We are fulltimers and I have pulled with a hensley all over this
country and never had a problem in 30,000 miles of pulling the trailer.
Mece
Old 02-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mece View Post
You had better be careful with a propride it is not an updated version but the first
design Hensley discarded for the version they have now. If you break the yoke on
the propride you will be setting somewhere waiting for the replacement part. Also
named it after him. We are fulltimers and I have pulled with a hensley all over this
Mece

Nice try, Mece, but your information is coming from less than credible sources.

1. Jim Hensley NEVER sold any designs to Hensley Mfg. so the foundation of your entire post is 100% FALSE.

2. Jim Hensley has always owned his business and his patents.

3. Jim Hensley CANCELED his licensing agreement with Hensley Mfg. because they would not update and improve the hitch.

4. Hensley Mfg attempted to use legal means to block myself and Jim Hensley from selling a better product and only came up with their NONSENSICAL old design LIE after losing in Federal Court and Appeals Court.

5. ProPride has multiple posts from customers that anyone can check as to how great the hitch works. Many have had the old ORANGE hitch and will be glad to talk to anyone about the improvements they have experienced.

6. Finally, if anyone would like to talk Hensley Mfg into comparing their financial strength with that of ProPride in a public forum I would be HAPPY to participate. It's important that customers know how financially strong a company is so they can back-up the product. Just ask them if they'd like to compare. I'll submit the ProPride information. By the way, keep in mind, I was the vice president of that company and have many, many years of financial statements so I know the outcome of what they will say.

If anyone needs MORE facts there are many. When any logical, well-informed, intelligent individual thinks through the Hensley company nonsense they ALWAYS make the correct decision on which product to purchase.

So, I ask, who should be careful here...
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mece View Post
Mece
And how in the world do you break a yoke?Bet you are more likely to have a tire failure.Larry