Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Vehicle electrical guru's heed my call!!

I am researching a vehicle/trailer battery charge line for my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. My dilemma, besides being an electrical idiot, is that supposed on the Trailblazer with a seven pin connector there is a trailer (+) connection in the plug and the supposedly there is a red wire with a ring connector in, around or under the fuse block in the engine bay. You just have to connect it. The fuse is already in place in the fuse block at position 32. Can anyone smarter then me help either research this or point me in the right direction?
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You may be confused about the fuse. It may be a fuse for a trailer brake controller which is different and goes to trailer brake controller which then puts put battery from the brake controller to a different pin (2) on the seven way.

I would use a meter to locate exactly where the Aux 12V (pin 4) goes, if just ends as a wire without a fuse in line then you need to protect it. On my Winnebago Aux 12V is fed by a 20 Amp circuit breaker and that works fine for me to use for a toad charge line.

If the toad happens to have a real low battery when you connect it to the RV it can pull quite a few amps and if the fuse or circuit breaker is too small it can open the circuit. One way to avoid this is to use an auto-reset circuit breaker, you can buy them at auto parts stores.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-way_zps702153a8.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	123722  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

If you hav e found the 'red wire' then connect it to the stud as indicated in picture
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

If you hav e found the 'red wire' then connect it to the stud as indicated in picture
Looks like it comes right out of that loom. I'll look closer. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ahh found the red wire.. So that should be the 12(v) aux line to that pin? Should act as a charge line then. Now just to double check the fuse situation.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #6

Had the exact same think on our buick rainier. No idea why that wire wasn't connected in the 1st place.
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical