Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #1

I WAS going to use a single spring WDH to tow Casita w/ my Jeep Cherokee, but because I want to leave room on the "A" Frame for my Honda 2000i generator, I've decided to go w/ a 2-spring WDH.

They are offered in either round bar (bars have a 90 deg bend) or trunion mount w/ flat bars.

Other than ground clearance issues, I can see no clear advantage of one over the other. I asked my local RV dealer and he didn't have a clue, either.

Anyone here have any reasons for a preference of one over the other?

Thanks,
Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #2

I WAS going to use a single spring WDH to tow Casita w/ my Jeep Cherokee, but because I want to leave room on the "A" Frame for my Honda 2000i generator, I've decided to go w/ a 2-spring WDH.

They are offered in either round bar (bars have a 90 deg bend) or trunion mount w/ flat bars.

Other than ground clearance issues, I can see no clear advantage of one over the other. I asked my local RV dealer and he didn't have a clue, either.

Anyone here have any reasons for a preference of one over the other?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 AM   #3

if some day you get a bigger trailer and want to up-grade to a dual cam sway control the trunion style hitch with bars that have a slight hoop on the end puts you that much closer and saving money in the end. the duel cam add on kit is just under $200 after the fact , or you can just go that road now and it will only cost about a extra 100.00 if you buy one whole sale. Friction sway control dont work as good as a dual cam set up.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #4

Actually, I have a Hensley Arrow for big trailers. It's not as stable as teh PullRite I used, but it's very good.

As far as the dual cam Reese, I have considered using it for my little TT when I tow with my Jeep Cherokee. I've heard the dual cam is not good for anything under about 6000 pounds, though. Maybe that would be a good topic here, though?

"Big" is relative. My 3500# Casita is big compared to my Cherokee!

Bob