Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #15
If you are truly serious about getting an SUV that will tow 9k safely and have around 25k to spend, I would look into duraburb. It's been mentioned hundreds of times on numerous sites so a little research will net you plenty of info. They only do 03+ suburbans and yukon XLs, but you buy your vehicle, they will drop in a rebuilt LBZ duramax and rebuilt Allison 6spd. This will be by far the best option for towing comfort. If you have the funds I'd recommend this route.

dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
If you are not "anti-van" like my wife a 1ton van would do the job and have maybe a little room to spare. As far as the excursions and suburbans which I happen to like a lot, I can't see tying up a ton of money or paying a premium for a rare highly sought after tow vehical. I would consider a crew cab pickup if hauling more than 5 people is not a high priority.

2016 Jayflight 32 BHDS Fiberglass sides. Golf cart
06' Chevy CC Dually 6.0. 20k hitch NO w/d bars. 16" wheels & LT TIRES
2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #17
I never had any problems towing a 12,500 pound boat and 4 people up to lake Ontario for 2wks fishing thru you do have to beef up a little on the rear end as it is on the soft side but that's just me , (and when the wife packed a suitcase for vac ,there wasn't much left in the house god bless her )
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #18
Nissan Armada SUV can pull 9100 lbs.....

of course the gurus out there can tweak the numbers depending on what you are pulling and what its dry weight is, etc...

RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote