Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Cool Which tow bar and baseplate best for 2012 CRV

Hi everyone...new here to iRV2 but am hoping to get some of your recommendations for outfitting my new 2012 Honda CRV with a tow package. What would you suggest for my 2007 36' Pace Arrow? For a tow bar, we want something reliable, light-weight, easy to connect/disconnect and reasonable price. For baseplate, we obviously want something that requires very minimal or no alteration of vehicle body. I'm reading many positive recommendations for the Falcon All Terrain but would the Falcon 2 work as well for the $$? Are Blue Ox tow bars comparable? Can you have a Roadmaster tow bar with a Blue Ox baseplate? What is the best combination of necessary items? Is it better to buy everything on-line and find a local RV service company to install or just buy everything at my local Camping World and have them install? I don't want to cheap out, but don't want to purchase more product than I really need. We intend to take a few short trips before going out our 6-12 month adventure early next year.

Sorry for all the questions, but in doing much research I've become even more confused as to what I should purchase. Your recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.

jaynit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
We used the Blue Ox Aventa with both the CRV (a 2010), then later, our Jeep Wrangler. Very easy to hitch and unhitch... one person can do it and the vehicle can be angled off center as the arms telescope to different lengths. Absolutely sold on the design and ease of use.

Would not think you could use a different baseplate because of the way the Aventa hitch arm connects to the vehicle. But... I could be wrong...

Bill & Kim’s Marvelous Adventure
’08 Airstream Classic Limited 34' with slide
Austin, Texas
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are Blue Ox complete. It has been a long time but when we had ours done it was because it had the least intrusive design for our CR-V. There were other considerations. We have been very happy with the set up which is our second Blue Ox rig.
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
You can use a Blue Ox base plate with a Roadmaster tow bar or v/v but you need the adapters for the ends of either tow bar, depending on which way you decide to go. The adapters run about 70 bucks for two and are very easy to install.
Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Entegra Owners Club
We have the big 10K Blue Ox towbar and chains as well as the Blue Ox baseplate that we use on our 2010 CRV. We have towed back and forth and up and down the USA and Canada with no issue. I just don't like to second guess that kind of success.
2013 Entegra Aspire DLQ
Fulltimers w/o roots
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote