Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #15

I have some pictures of our new camper up on our family website. Click here to see them. I will add some of the inside when we take our maiden voyage. I would post one here, but I don't know how.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #16

Hi Sandra! Congratulations on your new Cub - both the Cub and van look ver NICE!! It's been awhile since we owned a hybrid (had a Bantam B19 in 2001) but if I recall correctly the mattresses do fold up and are held by a strap that you snap down on the platform that it sits on. The canvas does spill out into the trailer but it shouldn't take up a lot of space. At least ours didn't. I think Jayco now makes the ones with straps and it does look very neat in containing the tent matierial. Again, enjoy your new Cub and thanks for sharing!

07 Hi-Lo 22T
meriflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mamaloya:
Oh, one more thing. The tech showing us how to use the camper was not too familiar with hybrids and did not know how to fold the bunkends up. I asked him "do we need to fold the mattress or something before we fold the bunkend in?" He said no, but when he and dh went to do it, they had to come back in and do it. The canvas also wind up taking up a lot of space inside. I cannot readily get to the dinette because it is on top of it. Still don't think we folded the mattress correctly. It has 2 bends in it. How do we fold it and what do we do with the canvas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you do need to fold the mattress first. Even though there is two folds in the mattress, I only fold over using the fold in the middle. I then fold the tent in, and close the lid, being careful not to pinch the tent ends when closing.

On the front bunk, there should be bungee cords in an X configuration that will hold back the tent material. Do not seem to need the cords on the back, smaller bunk.

Another thing to watch out for: Be sure to turn on your propane before lowering the front bed lid. You will not be able to reach the valves when the lid is down.

As a former owner of a 2000 Cub 16, and a current owner of a 2001 Cub 23, let me know if I can be of any further help.

Dave
01 Cub 23
00 Ford F150
Old 01-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #18

Thanks Nancy and Dave. I assume with more practice I can do it a little more neatly. And, I will definitely have to remember about the propane. We forgot everytime in our popup. We could still turn it on though.

I have planned our maiden voyage. It is set for next weekend, 12th throught the 15th at Sycamore Lodge. It is one of those timeshare promos, but we don't really care. She did say that we may not get a full hookup site though. I guess we will practice using a dump station. She did say something about a "honey pot". I assume that is one of those totes. Not sure I want to use one of those. I am so excited about the trip. 3 day weekend!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hello again
At K-mart we found a over the door adjustable hook rack setup. Next time I check on my trailer at my parents house I'll snap a pix of it. It goes over the door and I believe it has 5 sliding coat hooks. As far as wet bath towels and wash cloths, we use these clips that have hooks attached and hang 3 from the shower curtain rod. Since we have 3 people we hang 2 towels on the inside of the door rack and hang the other one plus any wash cloths from the shower curtain rod. One thing you don't want to do is hang a wet wash cloth or towel on the factory installed hook that is on the trailer wall. We have a wallpaper like material on the walls in the bathroom. One time a put a wet washcloth on that hook and noticed the next day with it touching the wall that it was a little stained.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 AM   #20

I think I know the rack you are talking about. I will look into it.

I have a question about the battery. Will the battery charge while we are driving? Is there any special things that we need to do or be aware of to care for it?

Also, the fridge in this camper is a 2way, not a 3 way. I always put the popup's to 12V just before we left so it was cold when we got there. Is it safe to run it on propane while traveling? This being winter it is not a big deal, but in the summer I want our food to stay cold/frozen.

I am hoping we remember how to light the water heater. I videoed it, now need to watch it to remember. Lighting the fridge seemed easy too, but I will review that tape as well. I wish I had videoed the hitching part. That seems so complicated. We will see.

I am making my list and checking it twice. I can't wait for our maiden voyage!!! I hope I remember the towels this time. Our 1st trip in our popup, I forgot them.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I put a few pictures of the over the door rack and the shower rod clips in my IRV2 photo section. The link is at the bottom of this post. On the outside of the bathroom wall Aerolite's also have 2 small wall hooks. Now above your bunk ends do you have small shelves? I know on all the 05' and later they did. I noticed some hybrids had something here and others didn't. Since they run the width of the trailer, the one in the front I have a few fishing rods and a small tackle box. The one at the rear (our bed) I store a few light jackets, sweat shirts, small hip pack for hiking. Since the the bathroom is in the back of the trailer, this shelf continues behind the toilet. There we store extra bath towels.
As far as your 2-way frig. That is what we have. Ours is a automatic one. We just turn it on. If at a campground they lose power it will switch itself to propane. Or at a few campgrounds where we ran into a problem of low voltage we will switch it over to propane. One thing I would say you should have handy is a simple voltage meter. Twice this year we ran in to "low voltage" conditions. So I switched both the frig and hot water tank over to propane. I know in Ohio you can run your frig on propane while traveling. But you are supposed to turn it off while refueling at gas stations.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #22

I posted some new pics on my webpage of the inside of the camper.

Here is the link.

Camper pics