Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2002 Cub aero questions

Just bought our first camper-2002 Cub aero. Didn't come with an owner's manual and we have no clue what we are doing. Does any one have any advice as far as tips or tricks? What should we look out for before pulling out to camp? And, also it didn't come with a gray tank? How does that work as far as gray tank? Black tank? Are some locations just hook up? How do you pump? I saw a state park that had gray water pump station but no place for black water????? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Welcome to the IRV2v family.

We had a 05' Aerolite Cub and bought a new 2013 Aerolite last March. First off owners manuals are worthless. You will find far more info here about your new purchase than the manual could offer. They are too generic to cover all product lines of a manufacture.

Here is a link to Dutchmans Parts manuals and brochures for all the model years going back to 1980. Go to 2002 and all 10 brochures will pop up. You want the last one for the 2002 Cub PDF Now it lists that your 2002 has a 36 gallon gray tank. Are you sure you don't have a gray tank?

How did you buy the tt? was it stored indoors / outside. Had it been sitting for a few years or was it being used. What model # is it?

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #3

Thanks for info

Wish I could post pic on here so you can see. It seems in good shape except the awning needs replaced. The microwave is also stuck and won't do anything. Light comes on but that's it. And, the fan above shower has broken blades. I DO NOT see a gray tank anywhere-I've looked under the trailer and in the storage compartments. Nothing. I do not know what size beds those are either-just wanted to buy a flat sheet. We've had a few days rain here and one side had some rain in it when we let it down. But, we do not know if someone had looked at it and just not closed it up good. We only paid $3500 for the camper cash money. A little older couple had fallen on hard times and needed to sale and had given it to a friend to set out on his car lot. Had set there about 3 weeks before we bought it. We do not have a clue about how it was stored. The title is clear. Not sure what it says-forgot to look when I left the house this am. It's a smaller size. Prob 12 feet? Walk in to a bed and bath right in front of you. Kitchen on right. Then bed and dinette towards the other side. We just know nothing of how to winterize a camper or what to make sure to do before we pull it out in a few weeks. Thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

From brochure link you gave me it's a C160. Thanks again!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yes, the C-160 is their shortest one at 16'. My 2013 has a enclose underbelly so I can no longer see the tanks. My 2005 Aerolite you were able to see the underside of the tt (tanks, wiring..)

According to the brochure you have a 36 gallon gray tank and a 26 gallon black tank. That was standard equipment....unless for some reason someone took it out. But that would not make sense ??#@^? You have to have a gray tank. Go under your trailer under your kitchen sink to see it you see a pipe. Not on that layout the shower and the kitchen are across from each other. So the gray tank would most likely be located just behind the rear axle. And the toilet is at the rear of the tt, so that tank would be closer to the rear of the tt.

$3500 was a OK price...Last Feb I sold my 2005 Aerolite 24' (Model #236 ) for $8500.

Lets hope that the owner winterized the unit this past fall. At least you are in SC. where it doesn't get as cold... I'm in Northern Ohio and usually try to get out about April 10th....

I usually don't winterize mine till I see the temp. is going to be below 27 - 26 degrees.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmac97 View Post
Just bought our first camper-2002 Cub aero. Didn't come with an owner's manual and we have no clue what we are doing. Does any one have any advice as far as tips or tricks? What should we look out for before pulling out to camp? And, also it didn't come with a gray tank? How does that work as far as gray tank? Black tank? Are some locations just hook up? How do you pump? I saw a state park that had gray water pump station but no place for black water????? Thanks
Superslif has already directed you to the manual site. remember, most of the manual is not RV specific. it covers all types of RV's.

you should be looking at your dump outlet for both black and gray valves.
follow the gray line to the gray tank. i seriously doubt that an older couple of would have removed the gray tank. other than it being damaged, it makes no sense to do that.

hookups depend on where you go and where you live. in Calif, very few state parks have hookups of any kind. but in other states, hookups in state parks are common, though usually just water/electric.

don't know what you mean by "gray water pump station". never heard of such a thing. there are dump stations but no "pump" stations that i know of. and dump stations are for both gray and black and there's no pumping.

when you ask "how do you pump", are you asking about the trailer's water pump or are you mixing up the term "pump" with "dump"?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
In some of the older Ohio State Parks they have catch basins for gray water...Installed years ago for the use of dumping kitchen water (gray water) waste...People would wash dishes in a hand tub and when finished walk over to these catch basins spaced one about every 10 or 15 sites to pour it out....

What eeers me is when especially pop-up's have a small gray water drain on the side of a trailer and they just let it run on the ground...yuck