Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #15

Thanks, I'm on my way to look now
JudeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Glad to hear that you worked out your trailer exchange. I think the larger trailer will work out better for your family. I thought the Cub was a little small. We have the 05' Cub with a floor plan that is super. It has so much counter space for the 3 of us in a 24' length trailer. Where was the water damage in the Cub. What part of the door? I'll keep an eye on mine. We have camped in ours about 115 nights in starting our 3rd season in it. I couldn't be happier... Jim.....The Kodiak is basically the same trailer.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #17

Jim,

Our damage was on the bunkend doors. It was not noticeable at all until failure happened. It was a prob with the older models, but I hear it has been fixed. Just watch to make sure when it rains that the rain does not run into the hinge area.

The Kodiaks and Cubs are sisters, but this time we opted for the hard slide. I will miss the canvas.

I am sitting in it right now at the Lafayette KOA. It is raining and I am glad that the kids have their own room. The stereo even has speakers in their room so that I can play their music for them and turn the speakers out here off. They have built a fort between the bunk beds. The dog is giving me a fit right now though. He won't stay put.

We are having a plumbing problem though. Our first night was fine. Now the water is leaking somewhere around the bathroom or water heater. I don't see anything. When we were unlevel the water ran across the floor and I could see it dripping under the trailer. I bought lynx levelers and now I can't see it dripping under, but it is a little behind the commode near the sink. It worries me that it is not running out. We are now turning the water on long enough to use it and then turning it off. We have the warranty, so will see about it next week. I don't think the warranty company would pay for the onsite service available here at KOA. I also noticed from the first night a leak under the bathroom sink. It is leaking from the first joint just before the elbow. I removed the elbow and it is not clogged. I thought maybe it was because it was not level, but we are now level and it is still doing it. The joint is tight and it is still seeping. Do I need a washer or plumbers tape to fix it?

I also had a funny incident our first night here at the KOA. I went outside to empty the tanks. I pulled the black, no prob. closed it, pulled the gray. The hose shot off of the fitting and water was pouring everywhere. I just looked there for a few seconds in shock and then it hit me "CLOSE the valve BLONDIE!!!" I closed the valve. Then I realized that most of the water was back up from the black that I had just drained that was still sitting in the hose. Luckily we have a rule..."No #2 in the loo." That would have been NASTY! I reconnected the hose and opened the grey again...slowly. We then cleaned the area. I also went and bought a hose clamp to tighten that hose to the fitting. The store here has everything handy. I was also able to get a fuse to replace the one for the kids room that blew.

Oh well, this has been a LONG post. I will shut up now. Any ideas on the plumbing issues?

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I notice when we have full service that when I do the gray it really pours out fast. My brother had the same thing happen with the hose as you did. He went out and bought a better quality hose. I also told him to get the one that you can put a 90 degree elbow at the end. This elbow stays better in the hole at dump stations. You get my drift. You sure don't want to have anything like what happened in that movie "RV the movie" with Robbin Williams.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Sandra,

Do you still have your Kodiak? We are looking to buy the 30BHSL, maybe tomorrow. Any review that you can give us? Jim Slifka has had only wonderful things to say about his Cub and customer service.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I find it ironic that they wanted to charge you for prep - and then you found two big items that they missed - me thinks me smells a rat. BTW you are right in they don't want you to get the upper hand. When I bought my last TT it was a Sun and they could not persue any financing options at the dealer. I told them the terms I wanted and they said they could do it. Tues they called back and the best they could do was two years longer than I wanted and 30.00/mo more than I wanted. So I went to my credit union and got payments lower than I expected at the term I wanted. When I called the dealer back and told him the sale was going to be a cash deal he got real defensive and mad - I just took away his financing kickback - heee heeee heee. So it does pay to stick to your guns