Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #1

I have a Kodiak 26QS. It has 2 sets of bunk beds in their own room. I was wondering if anyone knew what the weight limit of the upper bunk is. As it stands now my ds16 sleeps on the bottom. As my others get bigger, I would like to know the wt limit. I have looked through the brochure and looked around online and can't find it. Anyone know?

Also, my dining table has the 2 metal poles that you pull out to collapse and put back in to set up. This is a pain considering we have to collapse the table everytime we slide the bed in. (Yes, I know someone told me about this and I really don't mind doing it.) The problem is that when we first got it, the table was fine. Now it is wiggly. No matter how hard I push them in and turn the poles upside down and try again (although it looks like there is no top or bottom) I can't get it tight. Are we doing something wrong. If this is just the nature of the beast, how complicated would it be to find and install the legs that are on the popup dining tables. That is what we had in our popup and hybrid and it was easier and never wiggled. I also like being able to slide it out to clean under and could take it outside if I wanted to. Our hybrid also had a smaller table that swung up and down and had a single leg that folded up and down. That was even easier. Any ideas?

Thanks

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

I have a Kodiak 26QS. It has 2 sets of bunk beds in their own room. I was wondering if anyone knew what the weight limit of the upper bunk is. As it stands now my ds16 sleeps on the bottom. As my others get bigger, I would like to know the wt limit. I have looked through the brochure and looked around online and can't find it. Anyone know?

Also, my dining table has the 2 metal poles that you pull out to collapse and put back in to set up. This is a pain considering we have to collapse the table everytime we slide the bed in. (Yes, I know someone told me about this and I really don't mind doing it.) The problem is that when we first got it, the table was fine. Now it is wiggly. No matter how hard I push them in and turn the poles upside down and try again (although it looks like there is no top or bottom) I can't get it tight. Are we doing something wrong. If this is just the nature of the beast, how complicated would it be to find and install the legs that are on the popup dining tables. That is what we had in our popup and hybrid and it was easier and never wiggled. I also like being able to slide it out to clean under and could take it outside if I wanted to. Our hybrid also had a smaller table that swung up and down and had a single leg that folded up and down. That was even easier. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #3

First, the weight limit, if there is one is usually on a sticker afixed to the bunk. At least they did when we had those kinds of arrangements.
second, the table leg is tapered ans is suppose to push down on the taper to lock in place. They are really kind of a pain in the neck. Does your table form part of the platform for the bed? If so, there is another option. It involves a funky hinge setup that allows the table to be attached to the side wall, with a folding leg for the front. I actually prefer this setup as there is no loose parts to get lost or have to store when the bed is down.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
On your Kodiak check to see where the tenting material meets the trailer that it is not pulling away. Four different people approched me this season looking at that area in the corners. Between the tenting material and the metal strip there is a stitched hard plastic strip called a "J" Lock strip. At first I didn't know what they were looking at. Then this fall I noticed mine in the corners is starting to crack. This usually only happens on the front bunk because the 2 cables that support the bunk are factory set at the lower adjustment hole causing the bunk to set an extra 1/2" lower causing the tenting material to stretch too much. I took the bolts out of the lower hole in that bracket and moved both cables to the middle holes. Here is a link to that problem area http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showph...o=6423&cat=643
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Typically, built in bunks like these do not have weight limits, it is only the fold down types that are limited to 125 or 150 lbs and they are usually clearly marked on the bunk, or in the owners manual. Probably as a rule of thumb if you can't get into the bunk you are probably too big for it
Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Getting back to your question about weight limits for your bunks. My Cub is listed as 1200 lbs. each. Having your Cub for 3 seasons now, I have never felt any flex in the bunks. They feel solid as can be.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #7

I do not have a hybrid. I have no tenting material. The bunks I am talking about are the bunk beds in the children's room. My bed slides out and is hard sided. After water problems with our hybrid, my dh wanted a hard slide.

Jim, you are remembering when we had a cub.

Randy, thanks for the info on the bunk beds. I see no sticker on them. And I agree, if you can't get up there, you are too big!!!

Don, thanks for the info on the table. I did a little looking and found that the base plates on the table were cracked. I replaced them and no more wiggling. I am looking into the little hinge thing you are talking about. We had that on the smaller table in our cub. I loved how easy it was to go between dinette and bed. Only problem I see is that the slide track for our slide out bed is right above the dinette seats. Not sure if the hinge thing could work there. I will check it out.