Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #1

Aerolite Cub C160 / LCD size & Antenna

Hello, I recently purchased a 2004 Aerolite Cub Hybrid C160 16'. I was wondering what size LCD TV did you install? I measured the area & it looks like a Vizio Razor 26" could fit there if the shelf was removed. I considered the 22", but I think it would work better if mounted underneath the shelf. What size LCD have you installed in yours? or any idea's on installing somewhere else? I noticed the trailer has an antenna that you crank up from the inside, my guess this is not an HD antenna since antenna's were not HD in 2004. Is this antenna able to pick up HD local stations? or is there an HD replacement for this antenna? Thank you for reading my post. JD
damiansnpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #2

There is no such thing as an HD antenna. I have a 1999 cub 19' and it picks up HD stations fine with the stock setup. I only put a 19" led in mine because it was only going to be used when the kids were trying to go to sleep. It is plenty big because it isn't too far away from the beds. Keep in mind that the winegard antenna is very sensitive in which way it is pointed "directional" so if you don't get any channels on the first few scans just keep trying it in different positions. Good Luck!!!
16kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I noticed the trailer has an antenna that you crank up from the inside, my guess this is not an HD antenna since antenna's were not HD in 2004. Is this antenna able to pick up HD local stations? or is there an HD replacement for this antenna?
First off you don't have to change your antenna. It will receive HD signals. No, you can add a Winegard Wingman upgrade which just clips onto the bottom of your antenna you now have. It might already have it. They cost about $25....

Before I installed my Wingman upgrade at the campground I was able to receive about 30 channels, the next night after installing the Wingman I got 36-38 channels... It only takes 2 minutes to install. All you have to do is pop out the 4 rubber grommets on your antenna and pop in the Wingman where the grommets were. easy....

We have the larger 05' Aerolite #236 hybrid (24' trailer) and a 22" flat screen we put on top of the cabinet by the door. When traveling we wrap it in a blanket and tuck it behind the couch. There is a 8" to 12" gap behind the couch for storage.

We are buy a new Aerolite hybrid and there is a space on the wall for a wall mounted bracket. At this time I'm not sure if I'm going to install one.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

Thank you so much for the replies. When I purchased an antenna for my home it said HD Antenna. I figured since signals changed from analog to digital, I figured antennas also changed over. I guess that may have been a marketing or sales pitch to buy new antennas. I'm now glad to know that standard antennas are able to pick up local HD stations. Wingard's antenna add on/upgrade will be nice to do, I will get on it this weekend. Thank you also for the information on LCD sizes. I just got the 200 watt power inverter, so now I'm ready to shop for LCD TV's & try to figure out what size to get. I may have to get help from wife & the little ones to make that decision. It is so nice to have a site to go to & discuss trailer matters. Thank you again, JD
Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Were here for that.....If your 04' was like my 05' which I just sold Friday, there is a antenna power signal booster button right next to the place you screw in the antenna coming from your TV. For the power booster to be on, you push the little black button and a small green light comes on.

I think my 12' has the HD antenna. The 11' Aerolite used a rooftop solid mounted (no crank up) antenna which looked like a Frisbee. It didn't work... Many people had them replaced....with a crankup Winegard. They went back to the old crank up Winegard style.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #6

That is what that button is, an antenna power signal booster button & when pushed a green light comes on. I was wondering what that was for. Mine is the crank-up Winegard. Jim that is nice to see you are a returning customer in Aerolites, it give me confidence that I purchased a good trailer. Your photo album is wonderful, it brought many smiles & warm feelings to me in thinking of all the memories you are building with your family, I'm on the path of doing the same. Thanks, JD
Old 02-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, I hope the new Aerolite has the same build quality as my 05' had. The selling points were:

~ Super large 52 gallon fresh water tank. We do take many vacations where we stay on a site for 7-10 nights. The Jayco hybrids had a 22 gallon fresh which were deal killers. The others (hybrids) were not over 35 gallons.. For a 25' tt you couldn't ask for more.

~ Darker cherry finished cabinets with frosted glass fronts

~ In Sept Aerolite changed over to a frame-less window design. The exterior color is now a light gray with black exterior covers (AC, frig vent, awning poles...).

~ larger sized windows

~ fit & finish on cabinets and hardware

~ and of course price. Negotiated a unbelievable price from a dealer located about a 2 hour drive away. From the first quote I received in June of 11' when the new 2012 232ES floorplan came out till a month ago when I signed papers there was a $8k difference.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #8

Sorry to but in here but we just bought a 2007 Aerolite 27RBSL and we pick it up tuesday in Ocala, sounds like everyone on here is pretty happy with them but what is a hybrid?

Jim
holle199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #9

Think I figured out from the pictures, Is a hybrid with the pop out at the end?
holle199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here is pixs of our new 13' Aerolite hybrid

And our 05' Aerolite hybrid
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #11

I have the same trailer!
I am also in the same boat. I already have a 24" LCD TV I would like to mount. But the problem is I am not sure where. I would also like to mount the TV underneath. But I am not sure where I can drill. I was hoping to be able to find an articulating arm so I can mount it underneath the TV shelve, so I don't have to drill onto the structure of the body. But I can't seem to find one :(

Anyone have any ideas?
frostiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by holle199 View Post
Think I figured out from the pictures, Is a hybrid with the pop out at the end?
a hybrid travel trailer is a mix of popup and travel trailer, thus "hybrid".
the body of a regular TT with canvas bed ends that fold down, like a truck tailgate. usually has two queen bed ends, though there are some with 3 queen bed fold down bunks.

to be a "hybrid", it has to have the canvas bed ends. many call the TT's with the hard-sided rear bed slideout, a "hybrid". it's not a hybrid and is no different than any other regular TT, except its bed slideout is on the rear, instead of the side.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
to be a "hybrid", it has to have the canvas bed ends. many call the TT's with the hard-sided rear bed slideout, a "hybrid". it's not a hybrid and is no different than any other regular TT, except its bed slideout is on the rear, instead of the side.
I agree 100%...So "we" hybrid owners still get a feel of being tenters with the convenience of home and a whole lot more storage....

Tags
antenna