Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #1

I had my pop-up advertised for sale and some gur e-mailed me asking price, info, directions. I thought it off when he said he could send his "shipper" down to pick it up if we could agree on a price. I had the price advertised and told him I would not come down. He replied that he was recently retired and couldn't afford more, probably hopeing I would come down on my asking price, which I didn't. Anyway, beware of anyone who contacts you like this. He will want to pay by check for more than the asking price and then you'll find out the check is no good.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #2

I had my pop-up advertised for sale and some gur e-mailed me asking price, info, directions. I thought it off when he said he could send his "shipper" down to pick it up if we could agree on a price. I had the price advertised and told him I would not come down. He replied that he was recently retired and couldn't afford more, probably hopeing I would come down on my asking price, which I didn't. Anyway, beware of anyone who contacts you like this. He will want to pay by check for more than the asking price and then you'll find out the check is no good.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #3

Sorry about the typo...that was supposed to be "guy" not gur.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Also be wary of the infamous agent from an overseas shipper that wants to purchase your unit sight unseen. A check will be forthcomeing for you to cash and return part of it with the RV.
I got one from Africa and one from Sydney Austrailia.
Chet
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #5

I to was selling our pop up and received an e-mail from some jumoke in Sweadon who said the same thing He was interested and would buy it site unseen for my asking price plus extra for the shipping. A casheers check would be the method of payment. and he would arrange shipping. Well after reading it I then sent a copy of it to the MN states attourny generals office ,The local athuorities and the feds I then hit reply and sent this person a nasty note back using as many of the nasty explatives that I could think of and beleve me I know most of them Then I sent it to him I then did another reply to them consisting of around 55 pages of the letter o and sent it of to him I hope no one ever falls for this garbage and these people get theirs now and in the hereafter beware all

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
My brother who buys and sells ATV's said that this scam has been popular there too. Now he only excepts good old American $$$$$. He sold an older pop-up and a older toy hauler on Ebay in the last month and would only except cash. I sold my 99' Coleman popup earlier this year but the buyer asked me to go to his bank with him for a check. I said no problem. Who can you trust these days.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote