Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

C21RBH canvas spline

Can anyone steer me to a place that will repair or replace the plastic spline holding the canvas on a trail lite hybrid c21rbh? Canvas is great spline in corners is all split up. Please help! I don't mind removing and shipping for repairs . Thanks in advance . Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
In our last hybrid, that was starting to happen in ours. The cause was the cable was a tad too long, causing too much strain on the bunk fabric, especially in the corners. The cable in our Aerolite that supports the bunk had 3 adjustment holes on the bracket to make the cable shorter or longer. I un-bolted the bolt on the bracket inside the RV and moved it to the next hole. That raised the bunk a 1/2" but also relieved the tightness on the bunk fabric.

Now to your issue, I called Aerolite and they forwarded me to their company that makes their bunk material. For $125 they would resew the "J" channel back onto the bunk fabric. I would call whoever makes your trailer and ask who makes your bunk end fabric.

I didn't want to remove mine, as the cracking was only about 3/4". I glued mine with a automotive emblem glue or Shoe Goo that is flexible. Here is a picture of my tare, before I applied any glue. 2005 Aerolite hybrid

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply ! Unfortunately the maker of the trail cruiser , R vision is out of business . Also the maker of the bunk end tent is gone. Have spent hours trying to track down the "J lock " molding , to no avail yet.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #4

In case the response didn't make it, contact Top Stitch. They replaced the entire J Lock Spline, and with shipping and handling charged me $68.50 and I am very happy with their work and service. Quick turn around too.
Candie Bartley
CBartley@topstitch-inc.com
Sales/Warranty/Parts & Service
Top Stitch
921 SUMMA DRIVE ELKHART, IN 46516
office 574-293-6633
cell 574-596-2705
Old 03-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #5

J spline

Thanks so much for the reply ! I contacted them & they will get back tomorrow . Hopefully they can take care of it. Thanks
Old 03-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

$68.50 plus shipping & handling !! Less than $95. total .Still a great deal. Sent canvas off today. Thanks for info!!!! Tom
Old 03-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #7

I just got my canvas back from the canvas store with the new J lock molding sewn in. I am having a hard time wrestling it back into the channel to re-assemble. Anyone have a tip to make that happen easier? I have it laying out in the sun now to try to soften it, but surely someone has conquered this challenge before. Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #8

I used a rubber mallet and a small piece of wood to drive it in. You also may want to spread the slot some with a wide blade screwdriver. Insert the J-Lock and then crimp it back down with a pair of channel lock pliers. I had to do that in some spots as well.