Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Stray Bytes - too bad about your dealer situation - I also wonder how they have remained in business for 25yrs. It is not uncommon for a dealer not to contact you after the sale - they figure no news is good news. I have not been back to my dealer since I bought my TT over a year ago - I hope I never have to go back - except to buy another one.

George should be able to spot any problems with construction from the video - so let us know if these guys are for real or not.

Some items I noticed from the photos: no ducted heating/cooling - not a show stopper, but ducted heat keeps the whole rig at an even temp. I once had a 20' TT with a single point heater in the center - both ends froze. Otherwise the cabinets look good and solid - however it all depends on what is backing them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #16

I don't know how to contact another poster on this site but this poster, StrayBytes, just purchased one and has a picture of it in the "Photo Section"

Maybe you can iRV2 e-mail him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Miklas:
Does anyone own one of these?

I took my family out for a drive today and stopped at Hufnagle & Majors RV sales to see what they had on the lot. Both my wife and I liked the Cirkira RV Classic Cruiser 21CC. We both agree that it would serve our present needs with its 2965# UVW, 4900# GVWR, bunk beds, pack-n-play door, and front dinette (queen bed). Because of its declared UVW and GVWR, we can tow it with the E-150 that we have now.

GM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:53 AM   #17

Randy - When I was shopping for a tow vehicle, I stopped into many auto dealers. I bought from the Toyota dealer, but many of the dealers sent me nice follow-up letters thanking me for coming in to see them. And I didn't even buy something from them. That's the way to do repeat business. The Toyota dealer held a "new owners clinic" with a steak and potato dinner, a car care seminar with prize raffles and gave us all a $45.00 detailing kit (for free). Now THAT'S the way to do business in these competitive days. There are plenty of RV dealers around here for me to go to when I need to purchase the next, more expensive, trailer.

Well, now I've taken this thread off of the original subject. I'm sorry.

My original intent was to promote the Classic Cruiser to GM because we like what we've got. The single point heater is a good thing to touch on, tho'. That could be a real bad thing in colder climates. I'm hoping it doesn't get that cold around here for very long.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:30 AM   #18

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Randy: The video showed frame construction/treatment, floor treatment, cabinet construction, pre-assembled wall installation, and front wall construction.

The running frame consists of "C" channels and "C" channel perimeter frame to fully support the floor and walls.

The floor is one-piece, 7/16" OSB, with vapor barrier on the underside and linoleum on top.

The side walls contain 1" of styrofoam, where as our Trail Lites had 1", otherwise the construction appears similar. A verbal statement was made that there was a wood core inside the aluminum tube.

There were no views of the roof construction.

The front wall was built on the trailer, built of wood and fiberglass insulation, and fiberglass skin.

Overall, a very nice video of the production process.

StrayBytes: Thank you for your encouragement. I'm considering the Cirkira. I do have another local dealer that sells Trail Cruiser and has a similar 21' floor plan. When I get home from work, I will scan the new brochure and email it to you...please PM me with your email address.

GM
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #19

Thank you for the brochure PDF, George.

I'm going to contact Cikira through their website and have them send me a DVD.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Stray Bytes - I agree that dealers who treat you right expect return business as well as word of mouth - it would be great if they all did that. At my favorite RV dealership, you deal with only one person from start to finish - including the PDI. I still go there for parts etc. and the salesperson who sold me my trail lite still says hi - he understood that I would have bought a Komfort from him - they just did not have the right floorplan for me.

There are only two local Arctic Fox dealers - both are nothing more than glorified car lots. The salesman shows the unit and runs the offers back and forth until the deal is struck. Then you meet with the closer who does all the paperwork. When we showed up to trade the old TT, we were met by a third person who looked over the old TT, and a fourth person who ran through the PDI. I was never happier to get out of there - I really don't recall if the salesman sent a letter or not. Like I said before, I have not been back - although both the service shop and parts department looked very good.

George - do you think the construction is any better than the TL or Aerolite? I am not sure how the walls were held to the frame. I do know that the wall frame was alum tube. Do they have outriggers to support the floor and walls? I could see where a channel welded to the outriggers would support the walls OK. The AF construction video shows a worker standing on some OSB and haveing it break under his weight. The same worker not only stands but jumps on the plywood flooring that AF uses. As for using wood insde the alum tube, this is a common practice to add strength at joints where the tubes are screwed together. Komfort welds its alum frame together, AF uses wood in there Silver Fox Editions with alum frames. George, all I know is that when I stepped into the AF from the TL I knew I was in a very well built solid feeling unit. I think you will also know that feeling when you find it.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy the sly old fox:

George - do you think the construction is any better than the TL or Aerolite? I am not sure how the walls were held to the frame. I do know that the wall frame was alum tube. Do they have outriggers to support the floor and walls? I could see where a channel welded to the outriggers would support the walls OK. The AF construction video shows a worker standing on some OSB and haveing it break under his weight. The same worker not only stands but jumps on the plywood flooring that AF uses. As for using wood insde the alum tube, this is a common practice to add strength at joints where the tubes are screwed together. Komfort welds its alum frame together, AF uses wood in there Silver Fox Editions with alum frames. George, all I know is that when I stepped into the AF from the TL I knew I was in a very well built solid feeling unit. I think you will also know that feeling when you find it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Randy, I don't know if the construction is particularly any better or any worse. Let me highlight the frame and floor construction, since that was an issue that I had with TL. The Cikira Classic Cruiser's running frame is "C" channel all the way with a perimeter C channel supporting the floor. The flooring is one-piece 7/16" OSB.

Just today, I took my wife on a drive and we went to two RV dealers and checked out 5 brands of trailers--Cikira Classic Cruiser, Zinger by Crossroads, Sunset Creek by SunnyBrook, Trail Cruiser by R-Vision, and Trail Sport by R-Vision.

The Cikira 21 CC was adequate with its front dinette and rear bunks. I leaned against the side wall next to the entry door and the wall flexed. My TL never did that. Single point furnace.

The Sunset Creek 270 BH was a nice layout, but seemed very high with 3-steps (high center of gravity). While it is a very nice unit, it is also a very heavy unit. Ducted heat

The Zinger ZT18RB has single/double bunks, plus jacknife sofa, 3720# dry weight, and overall a very nice unit. Ducted heat

The Trail Sport 27FQ, seemed like a very nice unit with queen bed plus two single bunks. 3706# total dry weight.

The Trail Cruiser 30QBSS got our attention, loud and clear. Wonderful looking unit with queen bed plus single/double bunks and super slide houseing the galley and sofa bed. 4289# total dry weight. Ducted heat.

So at this point, I gotta say that we're looking the 30' Trail Cruiser. But we may yet choose the Zinger 18' for its construction and weight.

George

George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote