Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Does anyone own one of these?

I took my family out for a drive today and stopped at Hufnagle & Majors RV sales to see what they had on the lot. Both my wife and I liked the Cirkira RV Classic Cruiser 21CC. We both agree that it would serve our present needs with its 2965# UVW, 4900# GVWR, bunk beds, pack-n-play door, and front dinette (queen bed). Because of its declared UVW and GVWR, we can tow it with the E-150 that we have now.

GM

George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #2

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Does anyone own one of these?

I took my family out for a drive today and stopped at Hufnagle & Majors RV sales to see what they had on the lot. Both my wife and I liked the Cirkira RV Classic Cruiser 21CC. We both agree that it would serve our present needs with its 2965# UVW, 4900# GVWR, bunk beds, pack-n-play door, and front dinette (queen bed). Because of its declared UVW and GVWR, we can tow it with the E-150 that we have now.

GM

Old 09-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

George, while I don't know much about your rig choice,I CAN tell you that Hufnagle/Majors is a "stand up" place to deal with....The wife and I did business with them when we lived in Saxonburg.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hey George, there is a little voice in my head that is saying Trail-Lite. This unit appears to have the same sandwich wall construction. What does the undercarrage look like?

BTW I am super happy with my Arctic Fox. It has yet to have a major problem and has not been back to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:49 AM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy the sly old fox:
Hey George, there is a little voice in my head that is saying Trail-Lite. This unit appears to have the same sandwich wall construction. What does the undercarrage look like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Randy,

Yes, it would appear to be similar to TL. They declare 5/8" Jumbo OSB one piece floor w/ underbelly protection. I did not crawl under for a look-see. Of course, I will do that if I get close to purchasing this unit. I will also take along my studfinder to see how it is framed.

GM
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
George, I did a quick web search (as you probably did as well) to find this company and get more information about it. If you did you found that they were started in 2005, they are in Elkhart IN and they stress quality and design. They seem to have mastered smaller TTs and are now moving to larger ones. They have not said much about thier roots, however it was about that time when R-Vision was sold to Monaco Coach - it is possible that this co was started by people at R-Vision who did not want to go with the sale. Much like how the founders of Trail Lite left Aerolite. This is all speculation based on event timing.

You probably already know that OSB is just particle board with larger flakes. It is stronger - but will flake apart when wet. Solid wood is always the strongest, followed by plywood, OSB, and particle board.

I suspect that your stud finder will find nothing - the sandwich construction that we had in our Trail-Lite is now throughout the industry in lightweight models. It is indeed light but it needs good support under it - esp as you get longer. I suspect that is one of the reasons you had more problems with your TL than I did.

Please don't take me wrong - I am not saying that this unit is going to be a troublesome as your TL was - just go into it with your eyes wide open. There are just too many similarities between this company and Trail-Lite in 1998-99

Feel free to e-mail me off line if you want.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yes, that 2900 UVW is very light for that length. My 24' Aerolite is 3800 UVW, but is also 8' wide. Seems like they could have come up with a better name than "Cirkira". How did the floor feel? Did it have the same Euro frame as with some light weights? What were they asking for it?
Jim......
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #8

you might want to try hi-lo, the frontal surface area is very low and helps in a very enjoyable driving experiene.

2004 GMC XUV
rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I called the dealer today and found out that the wall construction is laminated (thin fiberglas-luan-1" foam-luan-wallpaper). That fact scares me. What other TTs are built with 1" foam lamination?

I'm going to stop next Monday to look at it closely, and maybe even get some pictures of my own.

GM
Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #10

Hi George
Your old friend's Barrie & Brenda from Canada calling...
We still have out 2000 TL , just came home from our final trip for the 2006 season...Our TL is still in good condition, but would sure like another light trailer with a slide...
Seen a trailer called "TUNDRA" this summer that looked very nice...Think it is made by Dutchman....
Good luck on your search.......

2013 Open Range Light 274 RLS trailer
go44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #11

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Barrie,

Nice to hear from you again. Let's keep in touch.

GM
Old 10-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #12

Well, I don't know if this will help you in anyway, but my wife and I just bought a Cikira Classic Cruiser 18CCD in September. We were limited by our tow vehicle in what we could pull, so we looked around and stumbled upon the Classic Cruiser while out looking at other trailers. We didn't even know these existed until this. We stopped into the dealer and sat in the showroom model for a long time and liked it.
There are three of us, and we weren't looking for anything fancy or glamorous. This seemed to be what we were looking for. The unit we purchased has every option on it, except for the outside shower. We've been out in it three times, so far. We're still happy with it and appreciate the construction, even tho' I didn't go at it with a stud finder, yet.
This IS our first travel trailer, I should add here.
The only thing I wish is that the bathroom was a little bit bigger. I would give up some living space for a little more elbow room in there, if you know what I mean.
If I can answer any questions for you, let me know, 'kay?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi StrayBytes,

I stopped by the dealer today. He had a new brochure which included the two new 21CC floor plans, and a DVD of the construction process. I'm about to view the video tonight.

Here's the website http://www.cikirarv.com/

GM
Old 10-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #14

I notice at the website there isn't any mention of a 21CC model. Our dealer never let us know that there was a 21 foot model, and we probably would have bought that, if we knew.

We've never been told about a DVD of the construction process, either. I'd really like to see that. There's no mention of THAT at the website, either.

If they don't tell you about these things at the dealer or the website, how are you supposed to know enough to ask about them?

Our trailer didn't come with the owners manual - the dealer gave us a white 3-ring binder that was supposed to be the owners manual and everything we neeed, but it had the wrong manuals for the upgraded refrigerator and stuff. We had to email Cikira to have the correct manuals and owners manual mailed to us. ...that took only two weeks to accomplish.
We didn't get the warranty registration cards with it, and when we got the owners manual from Cikira, it states that we had to return the registration cards within two weeks of purchase. &lt;sigh&gt; We STILL don't have any warranty registration cards. That's probably goin to come back and bite us later.

I found out that my 'big time' dealer is really a 'slacker' dealer that forgets all about you once you've purchased. They talked up a good story before I bought, tho', and suckered me into a extended warranty plan that I'll probably regret later, too. I had some deluded thought that they would call or write a letter to see how I liked the trailer, or thank me for my purchase and show some concern about a first-time trailer owner. Then when I had questions the day after I bought it, they didn't answer the voice mail messages I left. I 'caught' them on the third day, and they practically told me they didn't have the answers to any questions I had, and not to call them, they weren't going to help me, and call Cikira if I had a question or problem. &lt;sigh, again&gt; They wouldn't give me any correct maunuals because they didn't have enough. I was surely out there in the cold on my own, I felt.

For those that are curious who this dealer is, I don't mind telling ...Funtime RV of Cleburne, TX. I'm a disappointed customer in those regards. I'm wondering how they've been in business for 25 years. I doubt if I'll go back there for a second trailer.

We're still happy with the trailer. No defects or workmanship faults found, yet. It's got a 12 year warranty on the roof and quality appliances and fabrics. It looks nice, too, with the mag wheels and checkered plate panels.

The dealer and administrative stuff has been a heartbreaker, tho.