Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Finally bought something!

After getting a 3/4 ton diesel and looking for a 5er that my wife likes, which i know is backwards but we have need of the truck anyway, we got a 2016 Starcraft Launch 16RB. I know, a hybrid, lightweight tent trailer? Well, it fits in the driveway, no paying to store it, and i did say i could live in a cave if i had to. But aside from the front lower, thin, metal plate cap coming loose at the bottom edge, ( got a fix for that as we have no warranty), three screws missing from the stove hold down plate, and two roof screws with no sealant on them, it looks sound and pulls well. Going out late Sept. for it's shakedown trip. Thank God it was stored indoors.
Onetigger725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I'll bet you can have a lot of fun with it and that's what matters!
Enjoy!
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:34 AM   #3

Smile Congratulations!

I hope you have lots of adventures and make many happy memories.

I have a 16' Kodiak SVT and I love it. It's the perfect camper for me, whether for a quick weekend or for five weeks in Florida in the winter. I camp fairly often with my little granddaughters, too. My camper can sleep five very comfortably, six in a pinch.

Good luck on your first trip!
BabaMartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Maiden voyage

Took the hybrid out to Central Oregon to a friend's backyard, weird, but they enticed us with crab, rockfish and halibut that they recently caught... and 2 acres of deer and rabbits for the dogs to chase with full hookups. Not real camping but the big dog doesn't do thunder as was forcasted in Lake Tahoe and Tahoe was dry camping. Found out he doesn't do campfires either, must have the wild genes still in him. Had a great time and REALLY appreciated those electric pads underneath. I am getting old. Saw plenty of Central Oregon. Got cold enough to freeze the water pressure regulator but a bit of warm breath fixed that as well as a cloth wrap for successive nights. Found out the shower had the upgrade to the 18 gallon tank so i enjoyed the longer shower while the wife went indoors and used her friend"s. I caulked the trailer before we left, covered up all exposed wires underneath and waterproofed the wires on the tongue so no other problems and it went through a drenching, cold rain. As my wife loaded up before we left Calif., she said, "Was I with you when you bought this trailer?" She does not think it has enough storage so as fun as this is, we will be selling it and moving on up. Used two and a half bbq propane cans for the week for heat only as we were on shore power. "Didn't use the propane on the road home and the refer kept nice and cold. Kept her at 55 on the way up, no problems so stayed at 60 on the way home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	180137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	180138  

Old 10-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad your trip went well. Hopefully you will keep enjoying and learning as you use your camper and then you will know better what you want for your next one.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thank God this forum is here, lot's of fine folk and great advice and information!