Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #1

Question Fleetwood Terry slide issue

I am 3rd owner of a 2003 5th wheel with a slide. I noticed will getting ready for an outing the slide was dragging and waring paint off window frame on the front window. Crawling underneath I discovered slots for adjustments of the slide were all the way and not they happy medium that would make it centered hortizontal in its opening. Here's the question, I was going to scribe the existing location loosen mtg hardware and move an equal amount to center the both slide rails, might have to use big clamp etc. Should I do this in extended mode to get it to self align? The vertical adjustment of rails is OK and is controlled by adjustment bolt. Any other issues I've overlooked?? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #2

Hi Roger, go to this website: Aero-Rv.com - Aerolite Ultra Lite RV Travel Trailer and Expandable Hybrid Campers and download the service manual for your slide mechanism. It should help with adjusting your slide for proper operation. I've decided that most RV repair facilities really are not proficient at this. Hope this is useful.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #3

Thanks- Ray

I used the link you gave me and worked out fine. I pushed out slide and loosened the 4 carriage bolts, used a 2# hammer and it self aligned or shifted by the time it was retracted. The "book" said be careful where you pry it not to damage the seals etc. Like I said it wasn't necessary. I moved it a short 1/2 " and could go another 1/8" and still not be over center. I havn't noticed any other issues that I might have caused. No Idea as to why it came form factory without being "fine tuned", other than its time for an adult beverage.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #4

Roger you might be able to help this member with his Terry 5er: my 5th wheel tank capacities?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote