Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #1

Going crazy trying to decide on new camper

Ok everyone im going bonkers looking at reviews and trying to decide what camper will be our next, gonna look to the internet for opinions (yeah prob not a good idea) but here goes.
Want to upgrade to a larger unit, currently have a jayco 16xrb.
I want to stay with a hybrid (i think) i like the roo/shamrock 21ss but cant find one locally (within 150 miles) can find a forest river 221st which has the same floorplan in jersey though. My wife wants a regular TT so we found the keystone passport 2400bh and the cruiser rv shadow cruiser 240bhs, now i have a problem with reading reviews, and of course there are only bad reviews ever so now i cant decide what to do. our requirements are for a regular tt are one slide, large rear bunks, under or close to 5klbs under 28', 500ish lb tw. for a hybrid are large slide, 2 bunks. My wife doesnt like the tent ends and im starting to like the outdoor kitchens that the TT have, i keep flip floppping and im going crazy. between the cruiser rv and keystone i like the options that the cruiser rv has but i keep seeing a ton of bad reviews of them in general not on that specific unit, but now the more i look i see alot for keystone also, theres even a fb page for how bad they are. feel free to comment however you like, you wont hurt my feelings lol
Jeepin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:06 AM   #2

ill also add that we like the couch and dinette that the hybrid offers vd just the dinette
Old 05-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wasn't to impressed with the cruiser rv at the last RV show we attended. Also I have a negative vib against any Keystone product.

Were on our 2nd Aerolite hybrid product. The one we have now, for a 26' unit (2013 Aerolite 232ES) your not going to find anything under 30' that has sleeping captivity for 3-4 adults and also a full size couch other than a hybrid. We started kicking tires for the "Next" RV, which we want the true 4 season non-hybrid unit. Finding what we want is going to be 32'.

I too want to stay in the 28'-26' range. We want at least a 64" couch, good storage, counter space, larger shower, at least a 50 gallon fresh water, slide (or 2) and sleeping for 3 adults. My wife is sticking to not having my son sleep on the couch. Having a bed (bunk beds) pushes any RV over 30'.

We have over 200 nights in the 2013 hybrid we have now, getting set to leave for Alaska this summer in a few weeks. In MT. were stopping at a Arctic Fox dealer to check out their quality built RV trailers.

Have you checked out the Winnebago's ? Minnie's? We like there construction, but just didn't find a floorplan to our needs.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #4

we want a table and couch, not possible in a regualar tt under 28'. i thinkwe found what we want, star craft 227cks , has more counter space than the forest river 221st and 21ss, outside fridge and couch and table
Old 05-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
That is almost the same layout as our 2013 Aerolite 232ES. I'll make a few points here. Take a look at the fresh water tank. According to an ad on RV Trader (2015 Starcraft cks) the fresh water tank is 28 gallons including the 6 gallons in the hot water tank. That is tiny... So your looking at a 22 gallon tank for fresh water...Our Aerolite has 53 gallon fresh not including the hot water tank. Weekend its fine, but if your going to be parked anywhere for a week at a campground, you would have to watch the water consumption and take showers in the campgrounds facilities.

Now if your preference is to get full service sites at campgrounds, then that is a non-issue.

When we were shopping for our present hybrid, there was a Jayco model we might have liked, but it had a 22 gallon fresh tank which was a deal killer for us as we do a lot of state parks with electric service, but not water or sewer where we stay for 7 nights. So even taking some showers over a course of a week, washing dishes, using the bathroom...we have never run out of water.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #6

that does appear to be the same, i like it. holding tank isnt a huge issue, we do go to state parks but if i have to fil lthe tank again or use camp showers im not to worried, we need to sell our current one before anything happens now anyway
Old 05-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
When you nail down the model you want ( with options ) it pays to shop dealers. On our 2013, our local dealer was not budging. Even after 5 months...they didn't seem to want to deal (Cash deal). So I contacted a dealer 2-1/2 hours away with the same unit. The price was so low over the phone, I couldn't even get the words out to even try to negotiate. It was that low...
A few months later when my local dealer found out I had bough elsewhere, he (the owner) got all bent out of shape. My out of pocket was $9000 difference. I bought one RV from him (2005 Aerolite hybrid) the first RV (1999 Coleman pop-up), he did the same thing...Ended up traveling 60 miles to another dealer for $1800 cheaper... His response was " We have them, you know where there at, You'll be back " I still remember to this the cocky way the salesman said it...