Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Internal and Exterior Storage Suggestions

Hello folks,

I have recently taken delivery of a Surveyor Sport SP192T. We are thrilled and have lots of camping planned.

Here is the question: Where do you put everything? I am coming from the Popup world and having all this space is overwhelming! I would love to hear where people put the stuff that they amass for the camping trip. What do you put in the front pass through, street side storage, curbside storage, inside the camper etc.

Really would like to see pictures of your set up to help me get some ideas. We are heading on our first shakedown at a park about 10 minutes from the house (Toronto's only urban campground - Glen Rouge) and will start to take notes there.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Mike, finding out how to pack your stuff is half the fun, the other half is finding out what to bring....Have Fun....

GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
Start small and work from there. When we had the TT we had soo much stuff we never used 1/2 of it. Now we have the MH and we have more stuff and use about 1/2 of it. But don't want to make mamma unhappy so the stuff stays.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
If you haven't seen it in 3 months, it should stay home.
1998 Dodge Dually 4x4 CTD
1978 Avion 34' TT
1998 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
AZgl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We have about 25 inside storage cabinets or cubby holes. Most have a certain type of item that is stored inside. Like one of the 3 overhead cabinets above the countertop is for coffee supplies, spices and such. The next one over is for mugs, cups, plates plastic silverware and the last overhead one is cereal, oatmeal, popcorn, poptarts. One of the three overhead cabinets above the couch is extra paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, the next are board games and the last are for bagged and boxed snacks.
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh Mike,

This is one of my favorite things to do...arrange things... You are lucky as I was recently when we upgraded to a newer coach. I got to re-assess all my storage items and options. I threw away and gave away lots of "stuff", but surprisingly kept much because I do use a lot on a day to day basis.

I keep coffee, tea, spices, and basic cooking items measuring cups, etc.in a cabinet near the stove. I keep a small set of dishes, along with mugs and glasses in a cabinet over the kitchen counter. I separate all the items with the rubberized shelf liner. I have one taller cabinet left over the sink and countertop and that holds my cereal boxes, and taller tupperware food storage containers. It also leaves me enough space in that cabinet for last minute food additions.

I am very lucky to have a couple of pull-out pantry shelves and I always keep them fully stocked with non-perishable food in cans, boxes, and plastic storage containers. I do this so that we can be ready to hit the road at a moment's notice. I also keep all of our "camping" clothes and linens cleaned and stored to prepare for a quick getaway.

I keep paper plates, disposable cups and flatware and related picnic stuff in the cabinet over the table because that is where I will probable be using it.

We put bakeware in the oven for travel, again padded with rubberized shelf liner to cut down on rattling while traveling.

I store DVD's, videos, games, cards, etc in a cabinet over the sofa. All of the owners manuals and related paperwork in another.

I keep my pots and pans in the two drawers under the dinette and I like them there because the weight is low and centered in the coach. I have a couple of empty cabinets in my bedroom closet area that I use for items that I occasionally use. A travel iron and folding ironing board, a crock-pot, a bullet blender and all attachments and our portable boom-box for use when we are away from our RV...(beach, etc). I used to keep these under the bed in my old gasser RV.

I try to organize my outdoor compartments to store similar items in each...Chairs, tables rugs in one, grill, grill stand, and grilling accessories in another, all my tools and spare parts in another...you get the idea.

Now after reading this long posting....I often re-arrange my cabinets and compartments as I change my mind or purchase new items to add to or replace existing "stuff".

As others have said, it is fun to play with all your "stuff" and really enjoyable if you have more room than you have "stuff". The shopping possibilities are endless...LOL!!~! )Now don't flame me...I know about keeping the weight under control....

Have fun and enjoy your new rolling home.

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote