Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone have one of these units? A neighbor has one and it looks just perfect for the type of traveling that we do. Great floor plan for two people.
Any complaints or concerns about the build quality? After sales support?
I think my F350 dually with a Reese 2 inch Tow Beast reciever can handle the tongue weight.
I do like overkill!
Chet

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone have one of these units? A neighbor has one and it looks just perfect for the type of traveling that we do. Great floor plan for two people.
Any complaints or concerns about the build quality? After sales support?
I think my F350 dually with a Reese 2 inch Tow Beast reciever can handle the tongue weight.
I do like overkill!
Chet

Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #3

Interesting model. Lightweight and definitely good for two people. If build quality is anything like my Cabana, I'm sure you'd be pleased.

Zeppelin Model 181
Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 AM   #4

We looked at a couple of Zepplins at a Katy, Tx. dealership. They were nice, but diffrent. We were looking at a longer model. With the propane cover and slanted fronts, they tent to look a little odd to us. We might have considered them more, but in our area, this dealership was the only place to get them, and "our" salesman was an absolute idiot. He actully jumped up and down like a wild ape to show us the show and tub unit was stable.

They are built on the euro frame, if I recall, which makes them lighter. Not a ladder style frame like most US mfgs. use.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #5

My b-i-l was interested in the 241, primarily because the shower is the low step-in type. He has some mobility problems with his legs and finds it difficult to step over the side of the bathtub.

Because he is not "RV-saavy" he asked us to come to Redding to check out the quality of the unit. I was impressed with its quality and how well planned the unit is. The holding tanks are over the axle, so weight distribution is good along with center of gravity. The aerodynamic front should be easy on wind resistance. The aluminum frame provides light-weight sturdiness.

Now here is the "kicker." When unit he ordered arrived at the dealership, they called him to come in to consummate the deal. The trailer had not been detailed by the dealer, and had many items wrong that the dealer didn't attempt to correct before delivery. The one I inspected had already been sold.

So, my b-i-l nixed the deal and went elsewhere to buy a competitor's unit.

Keystone lost on the dealer's in-attention to detail of an otherwise well designed trailer, IMHO.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the responses, folks.
I do believe that this unit will fit the bill for our future camping/traveling needs. Over the years we have learned that we are "travelers" and enjoy spending time viewing all parts of the country.
Chet
Old 10-10-2006, 04:46 AM   #7

Need to let you know we have an 06 Zeppelin 241 and love the floor plan, storage, amenities etc. It tows like a dream. We have the full blown model not the "LE". But, Keystone has discontinued the entire Zeppelin model. I wrote to them and received a very nicey generic letter back about how they would have all the replacement parts for us and not to worry etc. etc. But, unless their 3 new lines they claim they are coming out with are using the same parts, who knows. There is a Keystone Forum, not run by Keystone, but by private owners which has some posts on the subject.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #8

Boy, it sure didn't take long for Keystone to give its Zeppelin hybrid the ax, did it? My understanding, however, is that they'll be bringing back a variation of it under yet another moniker.

There's not much to these that isn't common to all trailers except perhaps some exterior trim and decals, so I wouldn't worry too much about the availability of replacement parts.
Between Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #9

Well you are very much in the overkill mode with a 350 dually and an 18 footer, it should be a joy to drive and probably will forget it is behind you. Have fun.

2004 GMC XUV
rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #10

Purchased a Zeppelin 24' 5/5/06 had in to service 3 times for water damage, now replacing the whole front end.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #11

By the way, in case someone didn't know, Keystone is owned by Thor now.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out this site
before you buy one....might just change your mind!

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote