Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM   #1

We've been seriously thinking -- again -- about getting out of the 'ol tent and into something a little better. We toyed with the idea of a popup, and are still kind of considering one, but we're more inclined to go directly to a hybrid. We've narrowed it down to a select few, with the KZ Coyote 22CT as the front runner.

From what I've been able to determine KZ makes a pretty good camper; they're a bit spartan, and a little light on the visual appeal (the "glitz" factor), but they seem to make a solid product and care about their customers. However, I'm having a hard time determining if the price I'm being quoted is all that good. Here's the configuration I'm looking at:

-- microwave
-- A/C
-- AM/FM/CD stereo
-- awning
-- monitor panel
-- TV Antenna
-- gas bottle cover
-- sink cover
-- 6 cu ft refrigerator
-- oven
-- outside cook center
-- exterior shower
-- stabilizer jacks
-- spare tire

Basically, a loaded unit. For the one remaining 2005 22 CT on the dealers lot my price would be $14,300. If I want a 2006 it would be $14,800. From what I'm able to determine that may or may not be a good price. I've seen MSRP prices for that config fall between the low 18K's to the low 20K's (if they list an MSRP at all!). I've also seen the "sale" prices go between an even 14K to the mid 16K range (for the fully loaded units configured with the options listed above).

So, after all this info what's the windbags REAL question? It's actually two; what do you think of the KZ's, especially the 22CT, and how does $14,300 for the 05 and $14,800 for the 06 stack up in the real world?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM   #2

We've been seriously thinking -- again -- about getting out of the 'ol tent and into something a little better. We toyed with the idea of a popup, and are still kind of considering one, but we're more inclined to go directly to a hybrid. We've narrowed it down to a select few, with the KZ Coyote 22CT as the front runner.

From what I've been able to determine KZ makes a pretty good camper; they're a bit spartan, and a little light on the visual appeal (the "glitz" factor), but they seem to make a solid product and care about their customers. However, I'm having a hard time determining if the price I'm being quoted is all that good. Here's the configuration I'm looking at:

-- microwave
-- A/C
-- AM/FM/CD stereo
-- awning
-- monitor panel
-- TV Antenna
-- gas bottle cover
-- sink cover
-- 6 cu ft refrigerator
-- oven
-- outside cook center
-- exterior shower
-- stabilizer jacks
-- spare tire

Basically, a loaded unit. For the one remaining 2005 22 CT on the dealers lot my price would be $14,300. If I want a 2006 it would be $14,800. From what I'm able to determine that may or may not be a good price. I've seen MSRP prices for that config fall between the low 18K's to the low 20K's (if they list an MSRP at all!). I've also seen the "sale" prices go between an even 14K to the mid 16K range (for the fully loaded units configured with the options listed above).

So, after all this info what's the windbags REAL question? It's actually two; what do you think of the KZ's, especially the 22CT, and how does $14,300 for the 05 and $14,800 for the 06 stack up in the real world?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #3

That is the same camper we have, minus the oven.
We have only positive things to say about this unit. Last August, of 2004 we found this unit for $14,899. A few weeks later we found it and purchased it at VacationLand in Big Rock Illinois for $12,900 minus the oven.
I would recomend getting an electric power jack for the tong.
And a four-point anti-sway "Equilizer" load leveling hitch.

I believe you will be very very happy with the KZ coyote.
Sincerely:
August
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #4

I have a Coyote 23 CMS and am very happy with it. It is a solid camper and my limited experience with KZ customer service has been good. We spent 18 nights in it travelling between WY and CA this summer with only minor defects showing up. The dealer took care of the defects at no charge when we got back.

Good luck.
Maladog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv