Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

New to camper. Water confusion!

We bought a used 2001 Aero Cub. We are leaving on our first trip with it in a few days. We hooked the water up to a hose and it ran out of two hoses under the camper. We filled to potable water tank and turned on the pump and the same thing happened. Logic tells us there has to be a valve or something we need to close under there but so far we have not been able to find it.

We did not get any manuals with the camper. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some guidance on where these valves may be located before I spend the $ hauling it into the dealer.

Also my spouse notices one of the legs underneath the camper in kind of twisted. This trip he has a hydraulic jack to stabilize with. We will need to replace the leg. Is this something we can order?

Thanks for any insight! I am excited to try the trailer out but clueless on how any of it works.
chellsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Look for the low point drain. It's probably open.
Do you know who manufactured your camper? If so, and they are still in business, that would be a good place to start on the jack issue.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The water draining from the TWO locations you have noticed are most likely the HOT and COLD water line drain valves that have been left open. I would start looking close to the hot water heater or inside a cabinet, etc.

Can't help you with the leg but if you do enough keyword searching on the Internet, I am sure you will find exactly what you need.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #4

I believe Dutchman is the manufacturer. Hubby thought when we bought it that the gentleman said the valves were under the camper. We have been clueless looking under there.

Dlovitt. I am a total novice and do not know what a low point drain is. This is the first camper i have ever been near in my life.

I shall go outside and try to see if I can find anything around the water heater or anywhere inside the camper.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #5

oK we messed with both handles I found under the bench seating. One of the the areas of running water underneath shut off but not the other.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #6

You may have three drains for water; a fresh water tank drain, low point drain for cold and lowoint drain for hot. You should be able to track these back from the source, or rather the exit point.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #7

We can find no type of valve so far any where near the area it is draining from. All around the drain is smooth metal and the two drains come out of the smooth metal. There is a drain on the tank holding the water but that is all we can find. That one is like a faucet and doesn't seem to affect anything.

My boys got under there and took pics with the phones to see if there was something we were not seeing while looking under there. So far not luck. The 4 of us must be blind:sad

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #8

Hoping maybe someone seeing where it is coming out may help. These drains are on the passenger side front if one would be towing. We see no pipes or lines just the drains jutting out of the metal.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #9

Found the plugs!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellsmile View Post
Found the plugs!
You've now officially started your RV education!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Be careful when you screw in the plugs....You want to hold the plastic pipe as you screw in the plug. It actually is more important when you go to drain the lines in the fall, because if the plug is tight it has a chance of unscrewing the next fitting / connection inside the RV. On our 2005 Aerolite Cub we had low point drains on both sides of the trailer.

Quote:
We did not get any manuals with the camper. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some guidance on where these valves may be located before I spend the $ hauling it into the dealer.
Manuals are worthless...IRV2 is your manual....

Quote:
Also my spouse notices one of the legs underneath the camper in kind of twisted. This trip he has a hydraulic jack to stabilize with. We will need to replace the leg. Is this something we can order?
If they were like my 2005 Cub's stabilizers, they were bolt on and a common item. Right now I see the same ones I had, on Ebay for $17 to $25 each.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #12

my camper has this too, I know your already figure it out, but want to clarify it for those who might not understand what it was.

it is the low point drain which suppose to have caps on them it does not have valves since its the caps that is closing it.
the caps should of been put back on after draining.
fireflynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Be careful when you screw in the plugs....You want to hold the plastic pipe as you screw in the plug. It actually is more important when you go to drain the lines in the fall, because if the plug is tight it has a chance of unscrewing the next fitting / connection inside the RV. On our 2005 Aerolite Cub we had low point drains on both sides of the trailer.

Manuals are worthless...IRV2 is your manual....

If they were like my 2005 Cub's stabilizers, they were bolt on and a common item. Right now I see the same ones I had, on Ebay for $17 to $25 each.

Good to know! Hubby bought stabilizer jacks he liked much better that the ones that came with it.

We totally enjoyed using the camper for the trip and I cant wait for next weekend to do it again

Tags
water