Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
I think pop ups are great but feel they are to much work setting up and maintaining the canvass or whatever fabric they may be made of.

I started out tenting then moved on to a 21ft hybrid travel trailer which weighed in at 3500lbs empty. The hybrid was great because the beds were on the ends of the camper which gave us more living space inside the camper. I also liked the open feel it gave me when the windows of the bunk ends were zipped open. I feel a popups and hybrids are strictly a camp ground units and not to safe for boon docking on long trips.

I moved to a 30ft travel trailer which I love and works for me when I travel long distances and have to sleep over night in a parking lot "boon docking". It's also great in the camp ground too!!

Somethings to look for are discoloration in the ceiling and floor which is most likely from water damage. Also press against walls, ceiling and floors for soft spots from water damage.

Check the roof and seals around objects on the roof. Check the tires for dry rot. Hope this helped.

Funkmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
I have a Jayco Kiwi 21C Hybrid. I have only had it for 2 months and have already camped 4 times. 3 at
Washington State Parks with all utilities, except sewer. And 1 primitive camp at a privately leased property. The only thing I think I need to do is add another battery so I have 2. And get a 55 gallon water drum to put in the back of my Dodge Ram to fill the fresh water tank. Other than that we love our hybrid

brad031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I think hybrids in general are the most "cost effective" way to RV for the square footage you can buy. You also save by using a smaller tow vehicle. Like in most tt's you have to watch what the fresh water tank cap. is. Anything under 35 gallons is too small. You can like a floorplan, but if it comes with a 28 gallon fresh tank that could be a deal breaker. Got my eye on a new floorplan from Aerolite that they were going to start producing this month and it comes with a 52 gallon fresh When we bought ours in 05 we didn't use the shower very much, but the last few years it's been well used....
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
We just bought a new 2011 jayco x20e - and let me tell ya - we looked at EVERYTHING. the jayco was beautiful, super high quality build, independent suspension, not an inch of pressboard, cherry cabinets, full oven, big fridge, 4 stabilizer jacks, ducted heat, roof mounted AC, slide out couch, outside shower, big awning and a great warranty (2 year bumper to bumper, 7 year on tent ends, 12 year on roof). And here is the kicker - its fully loaded weight is 4500 lbs! We are a family of 4 and the x20E had a ton of open floor space which was critical for us on those rainy days. we originally looked at a Shamrock 22ss which we thought was fabulous, but then we saw the Jayco and there was no contest.

Capecodx20e is offline   Reply With Quote