Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #1

RV # 7 for us, Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108DS

Looking real hard at a Lance but man-o-man are they expensive. So, narrowed it down to a 2108DS. Anyone out there have one of these?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 08:24 PM   #2

We're also looking at that one. It's as big as we can go and still keep it in the driveway (we have a sidewalk). Haven't been in one yet, but the YouTube videos are a good place to view them. We have been in the 2601 and the quality seems better than average. The 2401 is perfect, but too long for our driveway. Planning on getting one by the spring.

LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:18 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Have looked at the Winnebago tow-ables the last few years, but more in the 25'-30' range. A few years back Winnebago had the larger Winnebago "One" line, then I think they changed that to "Ultimate" line. Most of the dealers stopped carrying them because they were too $$$ for our area. Now the largest line is the Minnie Plus. Just never found a floorplan that we liked. Agree 100% the build quality is well above average. Especially the cabinets / drawers, But?

While shopping with a buddy at a RV dealer in VA. a few weeks back. I noticed pricing on the 2018 Winnebago trailers was a lot cheaper than what was in our area. What caught my eye was the quality of the cabinet drawers....wasn't what I remembered...the salesman said they lowered their pricing to be more inline with the cheap trailers everyone buys. He said they did some things to bring the cost down. So I just wonder if the 18's have sacrificed "quality" for price? In the past the Winnebago line commanded a $5-$10k premium over the others.

In our area (NE. Ohio) you see very few Winnebago trailers.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #4

Winnebago or Shadow Cruiser

Hi. Yes I was wondering about quality too, but they do seem better than most of them out there. The Micro Minnie is the line w're looking at, just because we can't go over 24 1/2 feet to fit in the driveway. They are at least $5,000 more than comparable trailers, though the msrp is way over what I see on the U.S. sites, even accounting for the dollar difference.
The other trailer we like is the Shadow Cruiser 193mbs. It's a little wider, has a fibreglass nose cap, covered fan vents and the slide is deeper and gives you more open space. Quality of the build seems pretty good...plywood, aluminum, but it lacks storage space under the murphy bed part. Always something that they skimp on. The front of the Winnebago Micro Lite doesn't have the nose cap, or covers over the vents for rain.
Decisions, decisions. I wish we weren't driveway challenged but I don't want to pay extra for summer storage and we use heated indoor storage for the winter. I like to keep it in the driveway for those spur of the moment getaways.
Any input is welcome. I'm willing to pay more for quality.
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Decisions, decisions. I wish we weren't driveway challenged but I don't want to pay extra for summer storage and we use heated indoor storage for the winter. I like to keep it in the driveway for those spur of the moment getaways.
Any input is welcome. I'm willing to pay more for quality.
Kind of the same boat we are in (was). The 26' hybrid we park in front of the garage. Part of the year we used to keep it at a storage facility for $30 a month, then they raised the price to $50. I actually like it in the driveway because I'm always tinkering with it.

About a year ago we started looking for the next "Quality" trailer. I'm one that if the quality is there, I'm willing to pay more. That is why we are getting set to pick up our new Timber Ridge 24RKS next Thursday. Too bad it's 2200 miles away...the thing is built like a tank....At 28'8' that is about the biggest that I'm willing to go.

Both Aerolite's ( 2005 & 2013) we have owned have been very good to us. About 760 nights over 13 years of use. I would consider them a very middle of the road as far as quality and bang for the buck.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago