Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #1

Soft Spots

I just bought my first TT, it is a 2008 Palomino S-238 Hybrid. It has a salvaged title and there are a few soft spots on the floor. The slideout works great, the AC is cold, basically everything seems to work great. If I were to replaced some flooring with the few soft spots, is it a pain in the butt? I know I would have to get new vinal flooring after words. The 2 fold out beds are in great shape and the tarps have like 0 dmg, just need to get few pieces of new velcro, some of it is not sticking but I have not had any issues yet of bugs coming in.

Also, when I hooked it up to city water and ran the sink and shower, the water was a little pink and there was some pinkesh deposits in the sink and tub? How long should I run the water before that is all gone. Is it anitfreeze from winter-rising it? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

And best advice to clean out the fresh tank, turn on the water pump and turn on the faucet? Would like to have it fresh and refill it.
WonderingVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #2

Congrats on your new rig! Most trailer manufacturers install the flooring on the flat trailer deck before any walls are started which makes it tricky to repair subflooring and covering. Check with the manufacturer for advice on how to go about making repairs. Almost positive the pink stuff is antifreeze, it isn't poisonous but will make the water taste terrible for things like making coffee or cooking. Run it through with normal usage and it should clear up after a while. It is probably in the fresh water tank too, so be sure and use the pump or drain the fresh tank and refill.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #3

I have a 2003 that I bought used a few years ago. It too has some "soft" spots, but hasn't affected anything. Basically, I'm ignoring them unless they get real bad. My son's neighbor just bought a "new" TT and I went in to check out the floorplan and it had a couple soft spots. Not sure what to think.

As far as the water, I would drain the fresh water tank and then refill and sanitize. Drain and flush system.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #4

I DID THIS FOR THE FLOOR
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

That looks awesome and a not too hard of a way to do it. Thank you for the images.
WonderingVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
So all was just put on top of the "soft" floor.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote