Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
thor help

hey all. this is a new forum for me and after cruzin' the site i have seen lots of good info. i want to tap into it. i just recently bought a '03 thor wanderer trailer, the 192sd. it's a hybrid. problem is.... thor ca. sold and the outfit that bought it went bankrupt i believe. anyway, all the paper work that came with it includes the appliance and major parts owner's manuals and an owner's 'guide' which is just an overview of the trailer's components, many different wanderer trailers components. i'd like to find an owner's 'manual' specific to my trailer.... with details.

the problem now is speaker wires. one end of the wires, speaker ends, are marked in the ceiling while the stereo/cd ends are any bodies guess. can anybody help me with this installation and/or a copy of the manual or the real thing?

all advise is appreciated. thanks, larry
rootie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootie3 View Post
i'd like to find an owner's 'manual' specific to my trailer.... with details.
unfortunately, such a thing doesn't exist, except for a select few high end rigs.
nearly all none-custom RVs come with generic owner's manuals. none are model or even type-specific.
that's why forums like this are so helpful with your specific model.
you might want to join other RV forums that have hybrid sections for you to seek info and help.
i'm on 6 different RV/Hybrid forums so i can use all of them as a resource.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree. We had a 05' Thor / Dutchman / Aerolite hybrid which the "owners manual" was worthless. This site has far more info.

In March we bought a 2013 Thor / Dutchman / Aerolite hybrid again. It came with more paperwork than our 05', but still not as much stuff that is just for tt.

If your looking for a old brochure you might find it on EBay.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
help

well, it wasn't what i wanted to hear but i really appreciate the input. now i can just put it out of my head and move on to my stereo problem. thanks to all,
larry
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As for a suggestion .. Yes, I do have one, not what you expect however

Cable Tracker
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
help

thanks, wa8yxm..... you're right, not what i expected. however, it is a solution.
and... it's the only one i've got, so far. any idea what i might find waiting in the ceiling for me? foam? a nice hollowed out speaker recess?
funny what runs through my mind while trying to fall asleep. last night.... i can run my own speaker wires and thereby locate them where ever i wish. BRILLIANT!
HEH HEH...... LARRY

Tags
new trailer help