Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Weather stripping

I have a Thor Aero Cub 16' and I'm trying to locate weather stripping that seals the front and rear drop down bed platform. I have contacted Camping World and 3m, however, coming up empty. Help please
Godtomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #2

I have Thor Aero Cub 19' (2000 model) that I also need to find weather strippiing for the front and rear platforms as well as other areas of the trailer. Does anyone know where to find parts/weatherstripping/etc. for a 2000 model?
bldycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Weather Stripping

Some good news, I found weather stripping at O'Reillys Auto Parts. It was a little different from OEM, however, works fine.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
What year was your Cub?

We just sold our 05' which had a white colored front and rear bunkend seals. We have a 12' Aerolite hybrid on order which the bunkends are made a little different. The old seals were somewhat very stiff and not rubber. The 2012's are nice black rubber.

On all the rubber seals I'll spray them with silicon spray every month to keep them pliable. The 05' I sold 3 weeks ago, I had all the rubber seals (door, slide, storage doors) looking like brand new because they were sprayed with silicon.

On
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Weather Seal

My 16' is a 2002. We are doing a lot of upgrading, but so far we really love the unit. We are also putting down new sub flooring and trying to decide on carpet or laminate flooring.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:55 AM   #6

Weather Stripping

I am also in need of the weather stripping for around the fold out beds of a 2011 Dutchman Aerolite, the seals are leaking. Can you tell me which weather stripping you purchased from O'Reillys Auto Parts that seemed to work?
chr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our newer 2013 Aerolite also leaked when driving in a hard rain. They added a piece of foam (3/8") thick on the inner side of the bunk door lip. There was nothing there before. That seemed to do the trick. Been 200 nights of camping in this one so far. On our way to Alaska right now.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtomley View Post
My 16' is a 2002. We are doing a lot of upgrading, but so far we really love the unit. We are also putting down new sub flooring and trying to decide on carpet or laminate flooring.
I installed click together 4mm vinyl plank flooring in a rental condo I have. It was easy to install, looks great, and is safe for wet environments. It installs much like laminate flooring. When I redo my RV floor it is what I plan on using.

Laminate and Vinyl Flooring > Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring | Buy Hardwood Floors and Flooring at Lumber Liquidators
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #9

Carpet will be significantly easier to install and maintain in an RV. I've done both and would never do laminate flooring again. It is unforgiving and shows all flaws, it is much more difficult to install than carpet and laminate flooring does not like spills, the joints are not watertight.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote