Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #1

Where can I get Cute Cub Decals/Stickers

Hello, I noticed that older Aerolite Cub trailers, older than mine 2004 has some very cute cub decals/stickers. I think the larger stickers were on the front & back of trailer & smaller ones were on the sides. I called the dealer & they told me that these are long gone & they cannot get them anymore, supplier out of business. They told me that people now are having them custom painted directly on the trailer. This would be very costly & difficult to even try to copy, especially since I cannot locate any past pictures or drawings online. There is many inexpensive companies that can make exterior high quality decals/vinyl stickers from photo's, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried this regarding the original cub stickers. My question: Does anyone know of any information on these cub decals/stickers, perhaps a new supplier? Thanks, JD

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Here is a link to a pdf. brochure file for your 04 Aerolite RV The 05' brochure has a good picture of the decal used for 05' that year on page 2.

Here is a picture of my rear decal on my 05' Aerolite hybrid. It has the word "CUB" over the outline of a mountain.

There are many surplus RV companies in the Elkhart IN. area. I bet they would have old decals....

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #3

Thanks Jim, you are loaded with information. Great brochures, I will print for my file & save on hard-drive. It seems that they keep changing each year & 2004 happens to be unappealing compared to other years. The rear decals on the 2005 look so much better than 2004, but I really like the earlier ones, they are very cute. If I can not locate an earlier one, I may use the 2005 brochure to have decals made for mine. I will check with surplus rv companies. Thanks, JD
Old 03-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #4

I have a 2000 cub with the "cute" cub on the side. If your in need of a good picture for anything let me know and I will take a snapshot of it for you (if you're still interested in painting it on).
Old 03-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have noticed the last 5 or 10 years or so, travel trailers manufacturers have "blended" model years. It's like they have a supply of upholstery, cabinets, decals, trim, windows, when they run out of that batch then they switch over to another supplier who offers different components. You will notice many of the brochures will not print a year on the cover. The only way to see how old the brochure is to look on the back cover of the brochure and in small print at the bottom there may be a production date.

Case in point: Aerolite came out with new floorplan for the 12' model year in June 11', but come Sept. they changed the exterior color to a light gray, changed the decals, went to a frameless window system, exterior trim went from white to black.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #6

Hello, yes I would like to add the "cute" cub to my 2004. If possible could you take a picture of the back, side & post a link here or email it to me? If you also have a brochure, that may have a picture on it also. There are companies online that will take your picture & make an exterior high quality vinyl decal, similar to what is on there now, I rather go this route than paint it on. Thanks, JD damiansnpvp@aol.com
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The new Aerolite hybrids have dropped the "Cub" name? Now their just lumped into the "Shuttle Series" line. I though the Cub name was an identity for the hybrid's...made by Aerolite...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #8

Just sent you the pics of mine, hope they are cute enough!!
Kelly
Old 03-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #9

Thank you very much Kelly, the picture is just perfect. It is a bummer that they done away with the old style decals, after that they just never got it right. Now from Jim's post they done away with the word Cub on the latest Aerolite Hybrids. Aerolite Hybrids are definitely identified with Cub, big mistake to let it go. Thanks again Kelly & Jim for your inputs. JD