Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #1

Our PUP is on it's last leg of life so we are thinking of trading up. We are looking to get a TT and would like to spend around $6-8K on it. (I realize this wipes out the majority of TTs out there.) We are in Texas, about an hour from the Metroplex. Any ideas/recommendations on a good place/dealer to look at? Do you think a dealer or something like the RV trader would be better.

Also, I heard somewhere that you could get into a new Fleetwood (there cheapest one) for around 10K. Is this true? Is this true for any TT - 10K for new?

We can't afford to buy one now and do not even have a TV that would pull one, but we do have access to a TV with a bumper hitch and a gooseneck hitch. When we trade in our vehicle in the next year, we are getting a large truck. For now, we can borrow...

Maddox - boxer
AllisonAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #2

Our PUP is on it's last leg of life so we are thinking of trading up. We are looking to get a TT and would like to spend around $6-8K on it. (I realize this wipes out the majority of TTs out there.) We are in Texas, about an hour from the Metroplex. Any ideas/recommendations on a good place/dealer to look at? Do you think a dealer or something like the RV trader would be better.

Also, I heard somewhere that you could get into a new Fleetwood (there cheapest one) for around 10K. Is this true? Is this true for any TT - 10K for new?

We can't afford to buy one now and do not even have a TV that would pull one, but we do have access to a TV with a bumper hitch and a gooseneck hitch. When we trade in our vehicle in the next year, we are getting a large truck. For now, we can borrow...

Maddox - boxer
Old 06-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #3

Hey! It's Allison from popup explorer. We just moved into a 5'er. Love it, and miss the pup at the same time. We just fianlly outgrew our pup.

The Dalls area? or Houston? Around here in TX, it's I-10 towards Katy, and even some places in the Conroe area. We got ours at Cliff Jones RV. We were very happy with our salesman and the deal we got.

You may consider used. We went that way. We decided what model/mfg we wanted, then started searching. We got an 03 at half the cost of a new one, that is in mint shape. We just let someone else eat the $6000 depreciation it gets as soon as it's titled.

There are many many lightweight TT's out there. I've even seen some new ones for 10K, but they are some base line models.

There's Country RV, near me, and I have seen some fair deals there. I just don't like the sales staff. There's also Rv Station, and they have a great sales staff, but they are too small and can't every get you the price you can get elsewhere.

If you want more info for CJRV, let me know and I'll send you the contact info for our salesman.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. I think we have decided to go to the RV show in Dallas in September to get a better feel for some of the different manufacturers. We may go back in February to the next one and see if prices have changed any. We have decided that we have to first make sure that we are doing okay with what we are spending now. If all things go the right way, we should both be getting some kind of raise this summer. Whatever we get in a raise, we are going to put in a savings account. We will use that as a down payment and kind of as a real judge of what we can actually afford to spend each month.

Any idea on what months are better to buy - i.e. off season...

Maddox - boxer
Old 06-09-2005, 07:09 AM   #5

I would say when things slow down, but, I think the whole rv sales has slowed for every dealer. or, maybe there's just too many dealers right now. We looked as some TT's that had tires sunk in the ground because they were sitting on the lot for so long. Make sure you look at the tag. We had some sales people telling us things were 05's when the tag said 01/04 in the date field.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #6

Bought mine from McClain's RV in OKC, but I understand there are now 3 McClains in TX. Felt like we got a good deal.

2000 Yukon XL
Amgaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, I heard somewhere that you could get into a new Fleetwood (there cheapest one) for around 10K. Is this true? Is this true for any TT - 10K for new? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it is true..a Fleetwood Mallard 180CK for $9995. I know because we bought one the beginning of the year. From what I know, it was a special factory price being offered by Fleetwood; our dealer had 6 units to choose from.
I couldn't get Fleetwood's site to come up, but if you click on my sig line, you should be able to see my Webshots of the new trailer.
Finally got Fleetwood's site:
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brandtomodel/floorplan.aspx?...d=mallard/ma&m=180CK

Good luck in your search!

'05 Fleetwood Mallard 180CK
ThunderRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:00 AM   #8

I would certainly look at PPL Motorhomes in Houston. Some of their prices are really unbelievable.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #9
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have recently purchased 2 trailers from the RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown TX. Great people, good prices. It is located right on I35 North of Round Rock.

RV Outlet Mall Web Site