Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #1

Hey All,
My buddy just bought this trailer and I haven't seen it yet.
Was 02 model that one with the low profile front?
I just know his wife hates it and I have a feeling this is why.
She wanted a newer one with the tall 5er portion.
Thanks,
Linc
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #2

Hey All,
My buddy just bought this trailer and I haven't seen it yet.
Was 02 model that one with the low profile front?
I just know his wife hates it and I have a feeling this is why.
She wanted a newer one with the tall 5er portion.
Thanks,
Linc
Old 08-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
lincster

The 2003 still had the mid profile nose so I imagine the 2002 was the same. You know, its nice to have a standup bedroom but a little more of a pain to pull it in the wind. I like mine, tell him to put his wife in the rear drop down bed.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #4

Thanks Tom. I will tell her that, she will love that.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey Linc, My wife said to tell her that if she ever tries it, she'll never go back

She also said that my grand daughter, and daughter-in-law had the same opinion.

On a serious note, it doesn't weigh as much so it has more CCW than your higher trailers so that is a plus if you are wanting to carry more things.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #6

He is pulling it with a F250 so that will help.
I have given him my tow rating speech and he knows he is over weight, but doesn't want to change trucks.
He at least went from oversized tires back down to stock size tires.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:11 AM   #7

Linc:

Going back to stock tires will help him a bunch...I always wanted larger tires on my F250, but needed the capacity over the asthetics.

You know...I've tried like heck to find a 2002 SLC ANYTHING online, but to no avail. Dang...even spotted my old ad @ socaps.com for my SLC3705. Obviously, they're few and far between!! I have to tell you...I liked our lower-roofed SLC...wind was never a factor in pulling it. And even though you had to duck a little bit to go to bed, the main cargo area had plenty of headroom. I'd venture to say that if they offered both versions, I might have gone with the lower roofline.
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #8

I know the Super Lites had the lower front bedroom area, I don't know when they came out with them. I had one, but it was a 2004. It's model number was SL 3005. Hope this helps.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #9

Linc, You need to tell your buddy to set up a romantic tent camping trip with the wifie. Find some really hard ground and throw some rocks under the tent for good measure! After washing in a bowl and poopin in a bucket all weekend that 5er should seem like heaven!

Doc buford has spoken!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:36 AM   #10

Oh I hear ya, it will for sure be better than a tent.
BUT..... She makes the bank, he is paying $95k for his new sand rail.
All she wanted was a nice new hauler (like mine) she said, and he tried to save some bucks on a used unit.

I wish my wife said here is $95k for a new buggy AND I want a brand new toyhauler to put it in.........
I told her at one time that I would take her to get a trailer and haul it to their house and drop it off in front...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:55 AM   #11

$95k for a new sandrail?!?! WTH!!! Sounds like they can afford a Teton TH (yeah...I know they don't make 'em, but anybody will make anything for the correct amount of $$$'s!).

Seesh...tell 'em if I had HIS money, I'D BURN MINE!

I think "Doc" Markie-Mark's got the right idea...you've got to start down in the dumps to appreciate anything better.
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote