Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2005, 04:02 AM   #15

well , i know it sounds funny on how i look at things,
but i have always believed in right and wrong,

but once you go through and look at how stupid the criminal justice system is ,
and you get stuck in it, and find you are powerless,

you then start to search and find out how people become immune to it and get their selves stronger and protect what they own and their family's. ( and their rights )

you will find that they don't drive vehicles or own homes with there names on them ,
they don't have a bank acct or credit card in their name ,

and the little [FatDog assistance] stops that happen to us all from time to time can be compleatly ovoided.

or have you ever had zoaning and code enforcement tell you to move a wall and or a building, ( even tho ist been done correct )
these little problems can all go away.

and you can become free like we are all supposed to be.

i just don't like to be screwed with on petty little issues that can eat up thousand of dollars and years of time for no real reason other than BECAUSE THEY CAN !!

and on my rig , i have had several units and i just hated the little frames and little wheels and i wanted something better !!

i can be rather heavy at times but im not that heavy ,
i just like stronger better iron that what most of these units are comming with,

most all these things are still way week and low to the ground and have no wheel travel and or suspension to speek of,

its sad !!
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:40 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
other peoples views of 'right and wrong' apparently differ then mine by a vast amount. good enough.

but as you have seen, all of our natural curiosities on what makes our rigs tick are at about the same level. common ground.

kelstr, shoot some pics of your suspension or any improvements you have done to your rig and post 'em here. that is all good stuff.

the rest of the stuff, love to hash it out at a campfire at the dunes sometime. Seasons coming up.
Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 AM   #17

yes this is all good stuff, we as a people need to stop being sheep !!

(... FatDog edit ..)

and yes i will see if i can get some shots of my suspension and shocks and the way the frame is set up without the axles being flipped,

i just can't beleive that ww is still setting these up the old way and still not putting good shackeling on them and not using shocks ,
its just silly !!
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
Old 08-10-2005, 06:39 AM   #18

oh i almost forgot,---yes the dune season is comming , i can't wait
my buddy and my self generally stay down in the glamis flats behind the store ,

i would love to meet you guys and ride !!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh i almost forgot,---yes the dune season is comming , i can't wait
my buddy and my self generally stay down in the glamis flats behind the store ,

i would love to meet you guys and ride !!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats a plan kelstr, !
(i sent you a PM)
good to see you here in ToyHauler land
Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kelstr:
you will find that they don't drive vehicles or own homes with there names on them ,
they don't have a bank acct or credit card in their name ,
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guessing your real name isn't 'kelstr'...

2004 Suzuki LT-Z400LE
Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #21

well guys fat dog has taken all of my posts off that explain the truthes of life , that this 52 year old has learned the hard way

so i guess i can't explain , sorry guys !!!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #22

The "truths of life" often are not appropiate information for a RV site. A PM might be more better.
p.s. Welcome Home, brother.

Chet Botkins
1st Cav 3/18th Arty
RVN 65-67
Old 08-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #23

thanks cyber ,
at least you know and understand,

its just these guys asked and i was just giving real world exsperiance .

but there are some that cant handle the truth !!!

i feel for his wife and kids, because when the truth comes all at once , its generally a bad thing that there not ready for !
Old 08-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> kelstr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Guy, I understand where you are coming from but can't condone where you're heading.

I wish I did not have to worry about all the rules and regulations but that is a part of being a responsible citizen of the US. We don't like a lot of the rules and regs that they put on us but we try and live with them. Thats what living in the US is made of. If we didn't have any laws that we all have to meet, then this country would go to he!! in a minute.

I'm sorry but I believe that we all have to co-exist in manner that we all can confirm to.

If you have figured out a way to circumvent the establishment that is great, however, I wonder if you are as represented as such then I would wonder who you are.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #25

i like to gab as much or more then most
and i enjoy all mens perspectives
personally...i'd prefer to keep anything that seems to annoy anyone,... well lets keep it out of the public forum here.

Once people start assuming too much, or getting off track for what we are all really here for, well we just aren't doing justice to what our mission really is here.
I might stray a bit in my ongoing search for race and fun and RV, but i'll take this point to ask that we keep more in line with the overall goals of this part of the forum, ...
i'm easy to get ahold of on the phone or PM if people want to tug on an ear
Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #26

Well stated FD, you seem to know more about this that most, good judgement.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 08-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Mike

I personally think that a lot of our posts need to be "moderated". Thats why we love you!

Keep up the good work. Watch out for WWFan though, I think he pushes the envelope. Eh...Sean.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #28

well did you know you can get ratings RE-RATED,
now all states have different ways in whitch to do this,( but basically it is money driven )

my 3/4 ton hd srw had 9200 and 22,000 stock gvw,
now it has a 10,500 gvw--and 23,000 gc--i paid money to have it changed.( i had to show recipts of different wheels and tires, and fill out some paper work and pay money.)

now is it correct,?--in the eyes of the law it is .

now should a 94 ford 450 be able to be RE-RATED to be 15,000 and 32,000,??? with nothing more than an up to date medical realese kept in the glove box and paying the state of az a one time fee of $1400,
i dont think so ,
but they do it,

should reese raise its 15,000lb hitch to 16,000 just because they paid money ?
its the same hitch it always been.

and how about ww paying to have hays and dexter call that same 5200lb axle 6,000 ?

god there is really not hardly any difference in the 5200 to 7,000 any way ,.
the tube itself is slightly thicker .

now here in az we can also RE-RATE trailers .

now if you guys are freaked about being over your rated 16,000 , you know you are going to be way over on your poor little truck.(i know you now that )

so im just trying to see where your trying to go.

i got the 3/4 ton just to get a privet plate ,
if i had got the 1 ton drw in az you get the comerical plate , now if the d.o.t. wants to way me or pull fuel , there is nothing i can do to stop him. ( i have now learned how to get the privet plate on the 1 ton , but i did not know then )

i just can't see a cop stopping you and wanting to weigh you in your privet rig ,( and i really cant see you letting him )

but ,---oh well,
so see i am not any different than you guys,
i have just been at it longer and learned what you can and cant do.

i am not serconventing anthing , i just try to get as much knowledge as i can on a problem , and find a way to make it work,
and have some back ups if a plan fails.

and why be a sitting duck out there .

you should be able to know what the rated gvw will be on your trailer before it is built,

you should know if you get the 3500lb door ,
what frame 8 9 10 12" and so on
i for sure would want to know , and if i did not get the sticker i wanted , i would be seeing what i had to do to get it changed.
Closed Thread