Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #1

16 Keystone Carbon 35 garage floor wood flexing

Hello everyone,
So I have a big problem and would like to see if anyone has heard or experienced it. I just unloaded the back of the toyhauler and found the right side floor right by the dove tail really soft and flexing. All I carry is an
old golf cart. Where the wheel was parked is indented in and about a foot behind that is really soft feeling. I have only had the trailer for 18 months and bought it brand new. I have attached photos for reference and would like input on what I should do in this situation. Any input is greatly appreciated and let me know if you need more info.
Thanks,
Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	171736   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	171737  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0540.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	171738  
Attached Files
Hserg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #2

I would investigate further and make sure the soft spots aren't being caused by a water leak.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #3

I'd take a look underneath to see what the problem may be. You may need to pull back the coroplast or whatever you have underneath to see.
Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #4

I was thinking about doing it from the top, cutting the rubber material at a unnoticeable spot and checking in that area. Is it better to look from under instead?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #5

You may be able to remove the diamond plate around the edge and pull the flooring back without cutting it.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #6

That is pretty squishy! Wondering if there is a leak underneath allowing water to get to the garage floor when driving in rain. Have you driven in a rainstorm or 2, or 3 in recent months? Is the bottom covering still in tact on the bottom of the trailer?

Another thought since it is a 2016. Any chance the trailer was ever in a flood? I see you are in FL.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
That is pretty squishy! Wondering if there is a leak underneath allowing water to get to the garage floor when driving in rain. Have you driven in a rainstorm or 2, or 3 in recent months? Is the bottom covering still in tact on the bottom of the trailer?

Another thought since it is a 2016. Any chance the trailer was ever in a flood? I see you are in FL.
That is a good point about underneath having water kicked up. I have looked at the cover on the bottom briefly but not really good. I haven't been in any storm that should cause that but we have been getting a lot of rain a couple weeks ago. I will do that first. Also I bought it brand new and it hasn't been in any flood that I'm aware of. It would have to be a really high amount of water to reach the bottom of that though. Thanks for the input, I will do some more looking when I make it home.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #8

Would you guys say it would be better to cut the barrier on the bottom to look at the wood or do it from the top? The more I think about it, if the bottom would not create an issue it might be better since you can't really see it. I just worry if I cut it, it will never seal good enough.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #9

I've not had to go from the underbelly, but I'm guessing some Gorilla Tape would easily hold and seal you back up as long as where you are taping is cleaned with rubbing alcohol or similar first.

On a previous travel trailer, we had a floor bolt that was up and we had to cut kitchen linoleum back in order to get to it. Worked out fine. We were able to staple the edge and a a new piece of trim...could never tell when finished.

I would say either way will work, you will just need to be neat and take your time with the cuts/pulling back.

Good luck.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:57 AM   #10

find out where the studs are.. and park cart on studs..

floor is not solid.. but NOT saying you may or may not have issues.

many toy haulers have this issue with motorcycles... my opinion.
some place 1/2" plywood on floor under cycle wheels... 2 foot by 3 foot boards.
Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor