Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Wes and family, as mike said "great pictures". It's always great to see family pictures of folks enjoying this past time we call 'Camping'.
And what a great looking family. Happy Trails!!

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
and Dave, Wes has a three ring binder with a pen on the kitchen counter top in his picture.
He either home schools the kids a bit while on the road, or thats for their cribbage games. I don't recall that he is a list person. I'm guessin' its for keeping score of the dice games.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:06 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Keen observation there Mike. A very thick binder at that. It's either his daily journal or recipe book of adult beverages.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
and Dave, Wes has a three ring binder with a pen on the kitchen counter top in his picture.
I don't recall that he is a list person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good guesses...but on this first trip, I was a list person. The note book is for the list of things we forgot to take with us. And...the things to be fixed or mods that need to be done to the WW.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #19

Wes I have been really busy and have not been here for a few days. That looks like a killer maiden voyage. Greet pics especially that one with the drink in hand. Thought for sure you would have posted a pic of those new tires though! bet you wanted to see how they pulled through that stream

Anyway Glad the family had fun and all went well for you.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #20

Thanks Don....It was a great trip and we're chompin' at the bit to go again.

How was your Pismo trip? What's not to like? Ocean...dunes... a YFZ...bet it was great.

Wes
Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #21

We had a great time also and like you we are choping at the bit to get out again. Problem is its still to hot around here.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:25 AM   #22

Hot aint the word for it.
It is downright out here in Lakeside.

I have no real in this thread to use to use this mini-dude: but it seems to cool me off a little looking at it.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:23 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well fall is nocking at the door here in the high dessert. A nice relief. Lets all be thankful we are not in 'Nawlins'. Their forcast is 100`+ 100% humidity. Uugh! Not to menthion the devastation and no way out. We have sent our donation to Red Cross.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #24

The scope of that devastation is amazing.
You'll notice that one of our own is from that area, IN that area: Moderator Don(W5IT) is from Greenwell Springs, LA and is a heck of a guy. He works at his own RV shop and also for the Sheriff's Department there. I am not sure right now of his status.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad you brought that up Mike. I'v read his posts. Sure hope he is out of harms way.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:12 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hit a 40+ MPH crosswind, and with the Hensley, I couldn't even tell it was windy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes,
have you ever pulled with a Hensley before this trailer, or even before this trip?
How was the initial hookup?
That hitch is almost unrivaled as far as a towing hitch goes. Almost everyone who uses one says that as soon as you master the initial setup and hookup peciliarities, you are then the King-of-the-Road.
Whats up?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
The scope of that devastation is amazing.
You'll notice that one of our own is from that area, IN that area: Moderator Don(W5IT) is from Greenwell Springs, LA and is a heck of a guy. He works at his own RV shop and also for the Sheriff's Department there. I am not sure right now of his status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My families thoughts and prayers are with the people of Louisiana and Mississippi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:Hot aint the word for it.
It is downright out here in Lakeside. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel for you down in So. Cal., It was 74 here yesterday and today 80. But I'll be the one this winter when you are enjoying the dunes and I'm shoveling 4 feet of snow off the WW.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:have you ever pulled with a Hensley before this trailer, or even before this trip?
How was the initial hookup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

This is the first time I've pulled with a Hensley, but I got a good idea of what pulling this trailer would be like without it. My dealer installed the hitch and totally set it up wrong....lots of sway on the way home. I removed the hitch and set it up according to directions and now have no sway at all.

Hooking up is easy, you just have to match the angles on the TV and the hitch. If those angles are off....it won't go together.

Wes
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #28

Hi High Desert, In a nutshell the route we took to Bodie was as follows.

Hudson Road to Pine Grove Flat through Nye Canyon out to HWY 338. Crossed 338 and went over Sweetwater Pass, crossed 338 again to Bodie/Masonic Rd into Bodie. On the return route we went home by way of Desert Creek instead of Nye Canyon-wanted to do the 5 (very wet) water crossings at the end of the ride not the beginning. Mostly 2 track and single track riding. If you are interested and use Garmin or Delorme mapping software I can send you a copy of my route and track.

I ride a Honda XR 400. The trip could be done on quads but the 2 track trails would be kind of rough for you and there is one single track trail that would be tough (rough) on a quad.

I am going back to NV in Sept, probably the 22nd thru 25th, probably to WWR, but we won't be riding to Bodie on this trip. I am going to explore more of the forest service trails south of WWR. I have ridden in the area from Smith Valley north to Sand Mountian and west to Carson City for 10+ years and I am anxious to explore the area south of WWR. I have a Weekend Warrior FS 2600 pulled by an 05 Ford F350 crewcab 4x4 (dark metalic red/maroon depending on the light), if you see us there introduce yourself.