Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: I know many of you have had quite a few rigs, and I would find it interesting to see what's everyon
2 Axle 6 33.33%
3 Axle 10 55.56%
I don't care as long as I get the payload. 0 0%
I would like to have a 3rd axle that raises when I DON'T need it. 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #15

Hey learnem!

Long time no talk to!! You gotta wonder about Mike, don't cha?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:00 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
yea those roll-offs, you can just dump all your gear at the campsite and then take off to the dunes in your own custom garbage truck without all the weight on back

learnem,
we're hittin' the road a week from today ('56, WWFan, SandyFeet and King Salami, Clark (perhaps), FatDog, others,....) You up for a quick camp?
This would obviously be a key time to discuss your ideas for the toyhauler/garbage truck line of trailers that will no doubt be the rage.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #17

Don't mean to butt in, but where you all headed? We are heading out a couple days later, the 15th -18th, haven't decided where yet.

Firerooster
Old 05-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #18

quite the opposite of butting in,
Fire Rooster you are coming with us !
see:
Dove Springs May 13th - 16th
a thread here in the ToyHaulers area that is titled: "Dove Springs May 13"

It is an area that '56Nomad and Lady Di, SandyFeet and King Salami have gone to before and are coming down to it from up north, WWfan and maybe Clark are going up to it, i'll try and be there Thursday evening or Friday morn with Cordie but i like to see the countryside when i drive anywhere but doubt i'll end up too far away by accident.

i'm pretty sure we had you down for the poker chips and the cards. You might not know what everyone looks like but SandyFeet's picture is in '56Nomad's avatar. Shoot me off an email or a PM if you want and I'll send you my numbers and give you a holler. If you bring marked cards they had better be darn good. You ought to see what happened to the last guy who cheated
Old 05-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #19

Forgive me but where is Dove Springs? My wife and I have not yet been to the dunes so we are unsure of the location, our boys are young yet and we have not ventured to any dunes, however the youngest is now walking so dunes may be a week away!!!

Need the location of the nearest town/city so I can do a map search from my house here in AZ, also how long you all be there? I do not want to show up and everyone be gone, we cannot leave until, the 15th, I can work it that I can stay till the 19th but as I said don't want to be alone on our first trip out there.

And as for the cards I got some unmarked ones still. I can get the poker chips easy enough, you all got beer?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #20

Rooster,
i am thinking you may have not understood me,
we ALL are going to cheat, and we are obviously assuming you are going to bring marked cards,
its just that you don't want to be the new guy who gets CAUGHT cheating. clear things up for you ?? you'd be foolish not to at least try.
did anyone tell you what happened to the last new guy we caught cheating?

directions:
After you go thru Mojave, which is the 14/58 junction, head north on HWY 14. You will pass Jawbone Canyon Store which you can't miss as it sits right on HWY 14. A few miles past the store you will come across Red Rock Canyon. This you can't miss also as there is a sign there marking it. Keep going north another 5-10 miles and you will come to Dove Springs. It too is marked by a sign and it has a left turn lane that will put you right at the entrance. It is a dirt fire road, as if I got 56's directions right, go straight up the road under the power lines. Just past the power lines is a nother fire road that crosses it. Turn right on that road, it runs parallel to the power lines, and take it to a cattle crossing. They we be just past it off the road.

just north of the city Mojave, CA
Old 05-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #21

and Rooster,
i am not sure who will be there on Sunday,
we Cordie and I will be there Thurs-Sunday (a.m.)
BUT, we are going to ButterCup perhaps in a few weeks and that might be closer to you and if there is a family orrientated sand spot this comes close to qualifying. It is about a dozen miles west of Yuma on the CA side right on I8. The FatDog family, and others here I'm sure, would be happy to hook up with you there. We have often gone out there with a dozen rigs and formed a circle. Good spot.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #22

What tire pressures are you running or gonna run,
with the General Tires, rated D, and max PSI at 65?

Should we keep them at 65 PSI?
Old 05-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #23

.....3 axels for stability on the road....also less sway at blow out time-which is bound the happen when least expected. Movement in parks or whatever is not important-I have 500Hp to push it around with my Volvo 610.....geofkaye
Old 05-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What tire pressures are you running or gonna run,
with the General Tires, rated D, and max PSI at 65? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'56
thats a good question.
When i picked mine up from the dealer, 5 of the 6 were at 65 and one was 60. (I was just curious as whether or not they had checked so I checked.) But like i told you, one of them was flat when i first arrived at the lot to get it and they were swapping it. They swapped it with the 60 pound tire. Close enough i guess.

I am running mine at 65. I read up on the Generals, and they have a weight rating for these tiers we have correllating to the pressure you fill them too (like all tires). As i recall, with 6 of them at 65 you have 15,400 pound accmulative tire rating. I definity am not going too much lower,
(unless yu consider 25 a lot lower
but thats only a rare sand occaisions.)
Old 05-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
FYI, I run mine at 65 when I have one of the vehicles loaded and if I'm going somewhere empty, (a number of miles) I put them down to 60. The only thing I've noticed is a slight wearing in the center compared to the outsides but I would be afraid to run them much lower.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #26

I just checked mine for the first time and the
dealer had all 6 of um at 63-65 lbs.

Also, with my last WW, I neglected to care for the
chrome wheels and they paid the price. Today, I
waxed all the new wheels.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 AM   #27

Geeez....can't find the webpage, but I recall a chart that based on a certain load rating (Like our "D"'s), there was a big difference between 65 #s of air and only 60 (seem to recall you lose about 20% of your load carrying capability). So you defintely want to keep 'em aired up!!

When i get around to looking for my 16's, I'll post the source and see what you guys (and gals) think of which rims I should get...

Sean
Old 05-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #28

their lit that comes with the trailer says that the ST225/75R15 'D' have an allowable load of 2450@65 PSI.
Well 6 tires @ 2540 allowable load is a total allowable load of 15,240 pounds. Wow.! Thats essentially the exact allowable load of the trailer - 15,000. So the tire pressure, loading of the trailer, and how the trailer sits when connected to the TV, is important. At least to the tires and their allowable load.

On my last 5er, before i flipped the axles, the trailer sat a little more heavily on the rear trailer axle, as versus the front axle.
Those load E's are sounding a bit better every time I mull it around.