Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2005, 06:41 AM   #15

I don't like the cap either. I had the same impression as melon with the klingon forehead.

2006 WW LE3305 Billet
sandjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Seems to me a WW designer had a little too much Tequila. I'm with Rod, although I think it makes a Klingon look handsome.

[Does anyone know where I can get one of those sliding shelves for the basement on the LE?]
Rod, I saw an add for those cargo slides in the back of a Highways magizine.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #17

Rod:

I second that about the front cap...and the rear is even worse IMHO!!

About slides...here's what I've been looking at...it comes in a 90" long that will slide in both directions...Kwikee SuperSlide II. You might also want to check with GiantRV's parts dept on the pricing- I've found them to be very competitive- they will meet any other deal out there, including Internet deals (call John @ the Colton store).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #18

Alright guys, a little break from the kitchen from **** and and haveing to work the weekend for the Air Show and low and behold it seems some of you don't like change. Remember if nothing every changed we all would be driving model A's. If you see the side shot it doesn't look to bad. At least it's not 2' thick. I kind of like it. What I like most is the 16" tires and the side markers.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:28 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
BTW 56, thanks for snapping on those pics. of the new trailers. Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes..... I should have given credit to Bill Thorp who took them on the other forum

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #20

Thanks for the pics Bill

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #21

Yeah, Thanks Bill. The new rear of the trailer looks real familiar to me....Oh yeah, I saw that same spoiler on the back of a Honda Civic last week in Garden Grove!!

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #22

Okay guys,

Looked at the new WW's yesterday, overall I'm quite impressed.

First the end caps, I think they are like when you had a favorite car as a kid and then you saw the new year model and you thought "what are they thinking". It is something I'm sure will grow on you, not beautiful, but also not horrible.

Interior: good use of space, nice finish, big mistake getting rid of the blue color. All kinds of little extras add to a nice touch, and I really like the TV shelf in the bedroom. Kitchen looks very functional and there is plenty of space for 2 people to work in the kitchen area. My wife loves the Tiki interior.

Outside, good storage space on the 5er's, nice touch on the marker lights (gives good night light). The extra lights on the rear cap give good day and night lighting. Makes the trailer more noticeable which is a good thing.

Now lets talk tires and wheels. 16" tires and wheels on all the 5er's and the larger pulls. Can we say "IT'S ABOUT TIME". Now, what about all of the WW's out there that have the smaller sub standard 15's?

I talked to a factory rep for a few minutes while eating lunch. I asked him if the internet chatter we all did this past summer had anything to do with the decision to upgrade and he said it somewhat was a factor in the decision. He didn't want to get into it, but I didn't let him off the hook very quickly. He said one problem was finding the right tire. Well, there has been 16's on many trailers for many years now, I don't think that it would have been to hard to find the "right" tire.

He really seemed interested in my thoughts about the new trailers and my past history with WW. It's nice to see the "factory guys" listening to owners and past owners.

One last thing, we were walking through a 40' 5er and I heard a gal ask a salesman about "what's the largest trailer made"? The salesman said they make a 45' 5er, BIG AND HEAVY he says.

I piped in that you will need an MDT to tow it legally, and her husband says "NO WAY, my trailer weights 20,000 lbs loaded and I tow it with a one ton Chevy and I can do 80mph all day." Well, not wanting to get into a discussion with this guy who is oblivious to the safety of his family and others on the road, I just smiled and said "good luck" and went on my way.

I just hope that I'm not on the same road he is traveling on when all heck breaks loose. I hope he has good insurance or at least a good lawyer, because one day he will need it.

I also looked at a number of the other toyhaulers out there, Carriage Industries has introduced a new hauler, looks similar to the Next Level in many ways. There were a few others I don't ever remember seeing before also, just can't remember the names of all of them.

Lots of nice stuff out there this year, but the best thing was there was not one trailer we looked at that I would trade my Alfa for.

Wow, we got out of there without spending $60,000 this year. Have fun looking folks!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I talked to a factory rep for a few minutes while eating lunch. I asked him if the internet chatter we all did this past summer had anything to do with the decision to upgrade and he said it somewhat was a factor in the decision. He didn't want to get into it, but I didn't let him off the hook very quickly. He said one problem was finding the right tire. Well, there has been 16's on many trailers for many years now, I don't think that it would have been to hard to find the "right" tire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Clarkie Baby!! Yeah..."finding the right tire"- that would be the one that they could get at the same price they've been paying for the crappy 15's, yet still jack up the price. BTW...were his lips moving?! What a bunch of cow dung...

Glad to see that you had a successful RV show experience...we wanted to go, but there's too many things I've already got that I need to install! And you're right on the 'blue'- we (read: me) kinda wished we got the blue, but am very happy with the tan. But what I hear, compared to the jade, the blue would NOT be a rocket science decision.

And the gal that says a 1-ton could pull a 45'? Wow...ignorance at it's best! You shudda asked them what a 'cat-scale' was...they prolly wudda said "something you get the weight of your kitty with"...wow [again]. There is alot of education that needs to be given out there, and I'm afraid it needs to start with the Mfrs and the dealers- puts the rest of us who try to do it right in the same basket.

Sean
Old 10-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #24

Hi all - I have been reading your site for a couple months, ever since I ordered my LE3505 which should hopefully be in this weekend. Anyway, when I initially ordered my rig I asked to have 16" tires as an option and the salesman said it wasn't available. After reading these posts I found out it was and called them a week ago to get them put on, they called Warrior and called me back and said it would be $600, perfect I said, do it. I get a call yesterday and they said there was a mixup and it would actually be $2,600 because they would need to modify the frame to keep the structural warranty in tact. I already have the axels flipped so they should fit, but they still insisted that it took a lot of modifaction to add 16"s.....does anyone know what the heck they are talking about? Or am I being fed bull? Thanks in advance. Scott
warrior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #25

Scott:

Welcome to our little part of the WWW!!! Glad to have another WW Fan aboard! Howie's gonna be so happy- he gets to add another LE to the list!

First, I'm assuming your LE is a 2007 model year, right? If so, and the axles are already flipped, the only other thing they do is replace the 2x2 "stringer" that the axles are attached to with a 4x2 (that's the rectangle metal bar between the frame and the suspension hangers). Obviously a little bit of work, but NOT $2600 worth ($600's OK)- they're trying to 'right someone's wrong'. BTW...before the 2007 MY, they were charging $2600-2700 for 16's. Don't settle for it- stay the course and insist they give you what has been advertised.

Hope it works out for ya!! Welcome again!

Sean
Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #26

Actually, it is a 2006. The salesman said to wait until the 15"s wear out and then replace them, but wouldn't that also void the warranty? Would I have to add the frame mods when I put my own 16s on?

Thanks for the response, I look forward to continuing to post.
warrior1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #27

Scott:

That's why they're trying to ding you for the $2600.

You know, I'm gonna put 16's on my 06 SLC, and I didn't have the stringer done or the axles flipped...as long as I stay with the lower profile tires, I think I'll be ok...if nothing else, I may attach some 3/4" UHMW pads above the tires up in the wheelwell just in case the tires may rub into it going over whoops (yep...we get into some strange off-road places to camp).

In any event, IMHO, changing to 16's will not void your warranty- overloading can void your warranty, but beefing up the tires/wheels will not- the tires/wheels are directly related to the axle rating, and your axles are rated @ 6000 each. The only downer is the additional weight that the tires/wheels will add.

Hope this helps!!

Sean
Old 10-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it would actually be $2,600 because they would need to modify the frame to keep the structural warranty in tact. I already have the axles flipped so they should fit, but they still insisted that it took a lot of modification to add 16"s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Scott....welcome to irv2.

When I put 16's on my coach, I changed the 2x2 subframe with a 2x4 subframe like Sean mentioned above. I don't have the axles flipped. When James (jab3142) put 16's on his trailer, he had his axles flipped to get them to fit. It's either/or, you don't have to do both. If you have the axles flipped the 16's will fit with no further modifications to your trailer.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote