Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #1

Smile 2015 Newmar Canyon Star 3921 Toyhauler

We are having fun with this toyhauler. Sure fools alot of RVers because it doesnt look like a toyhauler from the rear, etc. We use the garage for an extra room and to haul small antique tractors to shows. 32 inch TV in garage with a table and benches, have a separate bedroom on the floor with a queen size bed, windows on side of bed for cross ventilation. We installed wood grain vinyl flooring in garage to fill in between tie-down rails so we dont have to walk over them and trip. Made an extra clothes hanging closet for my wifes clothes in the garage. We love to drop the loading ramp, pull the screen down and enjoy the scenery with a glass of wine and tablets without bugs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #2
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Very cool Verlyn, sounds like you're having a great time!

What kind of tractors are you into? Any specific color? I've been an Allis-Chalmers guy all my life, grew up on 'em.

Wishing you many happy/safe miles,

W.D.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #3

I collected Allis Chalmers models B, C, narrow front, wide front, 1941, 1943, WC 1940, Crawler MO (orchard) 1936, Crawler WM (wide track) 1936. I also collected Case, Caterpillar 10, Caterpillar-Holt, Co-op, Farmall, Ford, John Deere, Massey Harris Pony, McCormick-Deering, Minneapolis Moline RTE, Oliver 60,, Oliver Cletrac Crawler, Rumely DoAll, plus I collected antique garden tractors. It was a fun hobby!! Hope I didn't bore you.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlyn View Post
I collected Allis Chalmers models B, C, narrow front, wide front, 1941, 1943, WC 1940, Crawler MO (orchard) 1936, Crawler WM (wide track) 1936. I also collected Case, Caterpillar 10, Caterpillar-Holt, Co-op, Farmall, Ford, John Deere, Massey Harris Pony, McCormick-Deering, Minneapolis Moline RTE, Oliver 60,, Oliver Cletrac Crawler, Rumely DoAll, plus I collected antique garden tractors. It was a fun hobby!! Hope I didn't bore you.
Not bored in the least! I'm familiar with all of those machines. My dad had AC all his farming life. Started with a C steel wheel, then I think a WC. Then I'm not sure if any in between.....the next was the '58 D-17 wide front with factory front end loader, (which I still own). Also had a '41- (I think) WD narrow front. For a while he had a D-21, love that chrome grill. Then it was a '69 190XT gas, traded on a '74 200 diesel with factory cab (sold at auction in '86, bought it back in '97). Last tractors were a 7060 and finally a 7080. I still own and use a '74 410 (AC/Simplicity) lawn utility tractor dad bought new. They don't make 'em like that anymore! I bought a second one and plan to combine the two of them on a complete restore. I still use the original tractor to till garden, that was the best garden tiller attachment. That 10 horse Kohler engine is very heavy, those tractors were built like a tank.

Anyway, didn't mean to turn your thread into a tractor thread Keep us posted on your Canyon Star adventures, post a pic when you can. Below I've included a pic of my '74 200 for fun. Keep in touch!

By the way, that 200 is all original. The only thing I did was powder coat the front rims, air intake, instrument shroud and weights, put new brighter headlights on it...(saved the originals), and new front tires. I have a new interior I'm going to install too.
Best regards,
W.D.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-11 20.36.58.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	129054  

Tags
newmar