Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #127

Still no issues with mine. I had zero warranty claims. Dunno what happened to yours.

My awning is slower than my other RV's as well, but works fine. Tires, A/C, everything works as it should. I don't have a generator installed.

Spending 9 nights starting Friday in Oshkosh, WI.
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #128

Look for me up in Oshkosh. I will be brining up the camper to claim a spot this Thursday and I will be staying until Thursday. I usually park just south of the Red Barn and as close to the south entry gate as possible. I hope everything works as it should on my 2512.
sparkyonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:35 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyonline View Post
Look for me up in Oshkosh. I will be brining up the camper to claim a spot this Thursday and I will be staying until Thursday. I usually park just south of the Red Barn and as close to the south entry gate as possible. I hope everything works as it should on my 2512.

I'll swing by! We camp at Sleepy Hollow Farm, right in the middle of Scholler.

We'll be there Friday evening for 9 nights.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #130

I just bought a Torque T29 and looked at your pictures JetStream and would have to say that our trailers are almost identical. We are taking ours out for a shakedown trip this weekend. I hope to have as good of luck with ours as you have.
TravisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
I just bought a Torque T29 and looked at your pictures JetStream and would have to say that our trailers are almost identical. We are taking ours out for a shakedown trip this weekend. I hope to have as good of luck with ours as you have.

Heartland bought Cruiser in 14. The torque is made by Heartland. They are the same just different colors.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #132

I like the color scheme of the Heartland torque over ours. They are the same as each other minus the logos on the seats and cabinets.

We camped at Oshkosh for 9 nights without a problem. We have had great luck with ours!

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #133

New Stryker has worked without to many issue

I have put my new Stryket 2512 to the test. I have basically taken the last six weeks off and spent that time in the Stryker. I even fry camped with it in Oshkosh at the EAA fly in for five days. The generator thankfully started right up each day . My friends family along with mine slept in it one night. That is a party of eight. I am having some issues with screws falling out of decorative wood and fabric features. In fact the door window frame has six screw that keep falling out and will not tighten. My side roof ladder had five or six screw heads fall off due to over torking. Also my driver side rear led tail light has a few burnt out lights. Other than that the camper tows very well with and without my utv quad. I also noticed while I was dry camping that I used a lot of battery power each day. Which worries me because I bought a 240 amp hour AGM battery for $388.00.
sparkyonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #134

Tires

I know there has been a lot of chatter in the past on here about tires. My question is, is there an American made or foreign made, other than Chinese, tire that is considered THE BEST? I have the Stryker 2912 and it still has the original cheap factory Chinese tires on it! Pulled the camper to FL and back last winter with no problems but I've often contemplated not messing around and just getting THE BEST tires out there. Thought about Goodyear Marathons, like my brother-in-law, assuming like him, that they were AMERICAN made! He is at a huge gathering for Forest River owners, FROG, Forest River Owners Group, where factory reps meet you and fix minor and major issues with your camper, anyway, when my brother in law brought up the issue about the cheap tires being put on the campers and he switched right away to Goodyears, the Rep pointed out that they too were made in China, actually showing him on the sidewall and also pointed out that THREE of the Goodyears were also showing tread separation, not very old! WTH!!!
gtskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtskinner View Post
I know there has been a lot of chatter in the past on here about tires. My question is, is there an American made or foreign made, other than Chinese, tire that is considered THE BEST? I have the Stryker 2912 and it still has the original cheap factory Chinese tires on it! Pulled the camper to FL and back last winter with no problems but I've often contemplated not messing around and just getting THE BEST tires out there. Thought about Goodyear Marathons, like my brother-in-law, assuming like him, that they were AMERICAN made! He is at a huge gathering for Forest River owners, FROG, Forest River Owners Group, where factory reps meet you and fix minor and major issues with your camper, anyway, when my brother in law brought up the issue about the cheap tires being put on the campers and he switched right away to Goodyears, the Rep pointed out that they too were made in China, actually showing him on the sidewall and also pointed out that THREE of the Goodyears were also showing tread separation, not very old! WTH!!!

I put Sailun on mine.

Been running Sailun tires on equipment trailers for a few years...they hold up well and just under 200$ a tire.

Hercules tires are another decent tire. A buddy just put these on his hauler.

I like to look at the weights of the tire. A heavy tire is a better constructed tire.

I had 2 tires fail on my Stryker within 1500 miles.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:01 AM   #136

I put Sailun S637's on my camper which weighs just under 19k loaded and the trailer tracks true with less sway than with the wimpy ST tires that were on it..
The Sailun tires are LT tires made specifically for trailers.
These guys weigh 61# each whereas the barely worn ST tires weighed 32# each.
The Sailun bead is half again thicker than that of the ST tire.
Simpletire.com was where I found the best deal on them...
Put your tire problems and worries behind you and get some good LT tires on these campers...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	135982  
Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 AM   #137

Another pic as it will only let me upload one at a time..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	135983  
Old 08-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #138

The difference between those tires is incredible. My next set will be Sailun for sure. I may order a set before I have a problem like some have had with theirs.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
We looked at the T29 before deciding on the Stryker 2912. While a nice rig, I couldn't understand why the T29 was priced higher than the Stryker other than having 50 amp service.
JParcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post
We looked at the T29 before deciding on the Stryker 2912. While a nice rig, I couldn't understand why the T29 was priced higher than the Stryker other than having 50 amp service.
I didn't even know about the Stryker until I saw this thread. That is weird for sure. The gvw on the Stryker is even more than the Torque.
TravisG is offline   Reply With Quote