Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #15

First time out

Had the Stryker 2912 out for the first time this weekend to make sure everything worked. With the exception of a loose sink trap nut, everything worked great. We head to Airventure at Oshkosh, Wisconsin for 8 days next week. We are bringing a golf cart and will utilize the garage as it was intended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stryker 2912.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	99888  
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #16

TV Mount

Our new TH has a 32" LCD in the kitchen. I have an additional 19" to mount in the bedroom with a fixed mount. I need to know what kind of backing plate is behind the decal. Is it a 5/8" piece of plywood? How large would would you guess?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	99890  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #17

Congratz on the new rig and first camping trip! I'd love to make OshKosh some year...

I would suspect that they have some sort of hardwood backing that is tied to the nearest stud. I would call the mfgr to make sure..

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #18

Congrats on the new trailer! I was looking at the same floor plan but was concerned about seeing the tv from the couch. Do you have a slide? Do you have any problems seeing the TV from the couch?
jg210302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #19

We do have the slide. The TV cannot be seen from the front side of the couch with the slide extended, but I believe there is an articulating tv mount which allows the tv to swing out. Next time we camp I'll confirm that.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #20

Stained glass entry window

We just returned from a week at Airventure Oshkosh. The new camper worked flawlessly. I had a bit of swaying, but just have to play with the hitch setup and loading a bit. Increasing the tongue weight by moving the golf cart as far forward as we could seemed to help.

While at the show, we ran into a vendor that sold custom RV stained glass for the entry door. We couldn't pass it up!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Camper Window.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	101284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Window 1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	101285  

Old 07-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Cool deal!!! I like your glass....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #22

Bought a Stryker 2812 about a month ago. Love it. Have been through a few in the past years and this one is the best value.

Now I will say watch your holding tanks. My fresh water tank brackets have bowed and I have a squeek in the floor. My vent had a big trap that would not let air vent...and yes I more or less trickle water in. I also have sagging grey and black tanks and they have no support just edge. 60 gallon each black and grey 400+# weight should have center support...in my opinion.

Taking it in for service once winter gets here.

I use mine for boondocking in areas riding atvs, so I eed the 100 gal fresh and leave with both waste tanks neAR full till I get home.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Bought a Stryker 2812 about a month ago. Love it. Have been through a few in the past years and this one is the best value.

Now I will say watch your holding tanks. My fresh water tank brackets have bowed and I have a squeek in the floor. My vent had a big trap that would not let air vent...and yes I more or less trickle water in. I also have sagging grey and black tanks and they have no support just edge. 60 gallon each black and grey 400+# weight should have center support...in my opinion.

Taking it in for service once winter gets here.

I use mine for boondocking in areas riding atvs, so I eed the 100 gal fresh and leave with both waste tanks neAR full till I get home.

I am looking at the Stryker 2812, it is good to see someone has purchased it!

I will be new to the Toyhauler lifestyle, after owning several different brands of regular trailers over the last 25 years. Besides installing straps on the water do you have any other recommendations/improvements in modifying the coach?

The salesman only had a 2912 on the lot, but 34 ft of trailer is more than I really want to own, although the 2812 is only about a foot less. Does it tow ok, and how is the weight distribution when fully loaded? It seems really high off the ground, are the stabilizer jacks adequate or are they so extended there is a lot of movement when setup.

Any recommendations for negotiating a good deal with the salesman?
mdp2918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp2918 View Post
I am looking at the Stryker 2812, it is good to see someone has purchased it!

I will be new to the Toyhauler lifestyle, after owning several different brands of regular trailers over the last 25 years. Besides installing straps on the water do you have any other recommendations/improvements in modifying the coach?

The salesman only had a 2912 on the lot, but 34 ft of trailer is more than I really want to own, although the 2812 is only about a foot less. Does it tow ok, and how is the weight distribution when fully loaded? It seems really high off the ground, are the stabilizer jacks adequate or are they so extended there is a lot of movement when setup.

Any recommendations for negotiating a good deal with the salesman?
Mine pulls like a dream, I am pulling with a 3/4 ton ford shortbed. I have pulled it 70-75mph. It does have a lot of side area so wind buffeting is noticable. A duelly or long bed 4 Dr truck should be a very stable platform. My next trip in 2 weeks I will be near some cat scales...I hope to weigh. But all feels fine right now.

Stabilizer Jacks work just fine. It is high off the ground but the unit was built for offroading. I like that...my old hauler I would drag ground in alot of parks I visit.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #25

I have a 2912, tow it with a 2015 F150 Supercrew, 6 1/2' bed. 5.0 V8 and it does fine. I've logged 1000 miles towing with no problems. 92 degrees last weekend and single 15,000 BTU A/C kept it cold. 3 nights with a family of 4 and only used 1/3 of the fresh water, and the black and gray tanks were barely registering. I've hauled a 800lb golf cart in the back, and did notice a bit more sway. Keep the tongue weight loaded and use fresh water tank as ballast if needed. It is in front of the axles, where your load is behind them. Worst case you can buy a Hensley Hitch to eliminate sway.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #26

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 2912 myself. Right now my biggest hang up is the ceiling vents. Without a ladder, they are useless. Not too concerned about all 3 but the one in the bathroom has to be easily accessible.

We have negotiated a price of $29,900 without a generator. They won't budge on the $4000 price of the generator and I'm about to say go for it because I don't want to and don't know how to install it myself. I could get one on Amazon prime for $3157 but the dealer won't budge on his price. Even though I feel like I would be overpaying for it, I can't do anything about it.

As for the ceiling vents, I'm going to ask them to replace all three with the fan-tastic remote vents at no additional cost to me.

Very interested in all of your opinions on my price, the generator, the ceiling vents, and anything else you can add that may help me in my final negotiations.

Oh yeah, this dealer also does not charge for freight and only has a $200prep fee which I am thinking of telling them I don't need. It supposedly buys a sewer hose, an electric adapter, a 12 v battery and fills the 2 lap tanks.
Gunny
gtskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtskinner View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on the 2912 myself. Right now my biggest hang up is the ceiling vents. Without a ladder, they are useless. Not too concerned about all 3 but the one in the bathroom has to be easily accessible.

We have negotiated a price of $29,900 without a generator. They won't budge on the $4000 price of the generator and I'm about to say go for it because I don't want to and don't know how to install it myself. I could get one on Amazon prime for $3157 but the dealer won't budge on his price. Even though I feel like I would be overpaying for it, I can't do anything about it.

As for the ceiling vents, I'm going to ask them to replace all three with the fan-tastic remote vents at no additional cost to me.

Very interested in all of your opinions on my price, the generator, the ceiling vents, and anything else you can add that may help me in my final negotiations.

Oh yeah, this dealer also does not charge for freight and only has a $200prep fee which I am thinking of telling them I don't need. It supposedly buys a sewer hose, an electric adapter, a 12 v battery and fills the 2 lap tanks.
Gunny
Yeah the vents are not cool, I would at a minimum get the bath vent changed to a remote version.

I got mine with the gen package...same price you were quoted...it's worth if if you do some dry camping.

The prep fee for hose,bat,power cable etc...you gotta have that stuff anyway unless you already have extra, and you will spend 200 on the parts.

I would also negotiate an equalizer wd hitch in the deal.

Your price is dead on. I walked from a few dealers who called later with the same price you have.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #28

2016 Cruiser Stryker 2912 Toy Hauler

Some of the vents in my camper are up over the 8'6" height of my ceiling.. I am in the process of fashioning a solution made up of PVC tubing with an end made up of a PVC adapter sleeve with notches cut in it to go over the handle on the vent.
I'll try to remember to take pics and post here...

Gunny,
You may want to check and see if the camper is genset prepped for that price.. Installing a fuel tank is not too bad, but cutting a hole in the body of the camper can be a PITB as well as running the fuel line, wiring and remote genset switch..

Good luck in the negotiations!

Edit - I started writing this post a little bit ago and see that Wildcard stated much of the same.. LOL... Great minds?

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum