Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #99

On have an equalizer brand hitch rated at 10k, no problems yet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #100

My parents have been trying to get reimbursed for their 3 of 4 tires failing within 3k miles. They have road hazard coverage. The dealer sent them to Stryker. When my father asked the Stryker rep why they would put the cheapest tire they can find on $50,000+ camper their answer was if they spent more on tires they would have to raise thier price and people wouldn't buy their camper. Stryker told him it it was the tire manufacturers problem.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
My parents have been trying to get reimbursed for their 3 of 4 tires failing within 3k miles. They have road hazard coverage. The dealer sent them to Stryker. When my father asked the Stryker rep why they would put the cheapest tire they can find on $50,000+ camper their answer was if they spent more on tires they would have to raise thier price and people wouldn't buy their camper. Stryker told him it it was the tire manufacturers problem.
Sounds like the Ford vs Firestone debacle all over again.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #102

Sorry to hear some of you are experiencing tire problems. We have not had an issue with ours as of yet, but I will continue to check them often. Our 2912 is tucked away for the winter in a Morton building, and can't wait to drag it out next spring. I'm jealous of you that live in warmer climates!

On a positive note for those who recently purchased a Stryker, we absolutely love ours. We have owned 2 TT's, 2 Motorhomes, and 3 boats. We like this one the best. It can haul so much stuff, and is the most versatile and comfortable RV we have owned yet. I tow it with a 1/2 ton F150 with a Hensley Hitch and it does absolutely fine. Everything works great, and now my friends want one too. Since Cruiser RV was bought out, they'll have to buy the Styrker rebranded as a Heartland Torque.

....and YES, we tow it with a 1/2 ton.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #103

I looked at the Torque equivalent to the Stryker 2912. Basically the same trailer, just a different trim. Also the generator location is up front instead of in the middle. I shook my head at that one.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:55 PM   #104

1)Are the tie downs fastened with lag bolts or are they bolted all the way through the floor?

2)Has anyone added more tie downs to their unit? They aren't positioned exactly where I want them so I'm considering adding more. Not sure if I can without getting under the trailer.

3)Does anyone know how thick the floor is?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #105

1) Cruiser/ Stryker says the sub floor is 5/8" thick and the tie downs are BOLTED in all the way through the floor! Plenty of tie downs but of course, I need/ want a couple where there is none, in between two! Spring/ summer project and it probably won't be fun with the underside sealed up! My thought was if I had two more, where I'd like them, I'd be able to mount the bike, full dressed HD Ultra, I'd be able to utilize more area by kitchen when stopped at night for temporary overnight stay!

2) Do you Stryker 2912 owners put your swivel rockers in the hallway, by bath/ bedroom, when hauling and traveling?
Old 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #106

I only put our chairs in the hallway if
were hauling our ATVS. Otherwise, they stay by the window. Haven't had any problems yet as they don't move around.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #107

I put my chairs on a rubber mat in the kitchen ensuring they aren't touching anything. They will vibrate and rub a hole in the material if they come in contact with anything while traveling.

Thanks for the info on the tiedowns. I was wondering how they were installed myself.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #108

Hey fellers. My rig has been in the shop since 1st of year getting repairs...so I don't have it close.

Can someone tell me what size tires are on it and how much space is between the 2 tires?

Getting ready to order new tires.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #109

Well got my rig back and I am not a happy camper.

The exterior refrigerator trim and access has broken screw bosses and was leaking water and caused some delamination just behind the access. No repairs made, no investigation of the delamination.

They added supports properly to the Grey and black tanks but said my fresh tank was fine...the sports are bowed 4 inches, when you fill it with water they sag near to the axel and a couple fasteners are broke. Yeah its just fine.

My heating unit goes in and out on high limit and no airflow to master bed. The found the duct not connected under the floor. I still have no airflow to bedroom and it still goes out on high limit.

My roof has about 1/4 to 1/2 in raise between seems...in other words from 1 sheet to the next it raises up. Service says I need to deal with mfg on the issue...
(Mod edit)

I have 1300 towed miles on the unit. I had 2 tires fail. The mfg says I need to deal with the tire mfg about this. Really...I bought this camper with these tires on it...I did not buy this camper then put the tires on it. (Mod Edit) again...really are you kidding me.

Is this how this is gonna go?

My wife and I looked at quite a few units and was pretty sure this was best value I mean for a 35$k unit this is just not exceptable.
My warranty runs out in August, they have already had the unit for 3 months and there gonna blow me off until warranty is out and I am stuck with it.

Another question I have had since day one. My unit is registered as 2016. I bought in Aug of 2015, all parts labeled as 2014 and I know it sat on dealer lot for almost a year, how do I find out if the registration has been fudged?

I hope everyone else is not having these problems and would like a litter advice. Should I contact an attorney? Should I contact insurance company? What would you do in my shoes?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #110

Wow, I hate to read that you are having these issues with your unit. Although we have had none of these issues with ours, we understand that these issues could manifest themselves at any time with ours, usually the day after the warranty expires.

We have owned 4 RV's over the years. 2 TT's, one class B, and one class A motor home. All of them have had issues from time to time, and our Class A was actually the worst. Our dinette collapsed when I sat on it one time, and I discovered the frame was constructed with 1x2's and staples. This was a mid six-figure unit when it was new!

We shopped and looked at every toy hauler TT under $70K. The Evergreen models seemed to be a step up, but they were too heavy and expensive. Weekend Warrior also made some nice units, once again were higher priced. We decided on our Cruiser RV because of the layout, bed size, shower, ect. and the fact is was in the lower 30's. A friend of mine has a $90k Airstream, full of mice. The hardwood cabinets look very nice beneath the droppings, however.

The one thing that doesn't seem to change between RV's is the manufacturer of all the components inside. Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, ect. All cheap.. It doesn't matter if you buy a $120,000 Motorhome or popup. Sounds like your furnace has an air flow problem for sure. A blockage somewhere. Look for collapsed ducting somewhere if possible. Also - look for wasp/dauber nests inside the heater exhaust.??

As far as it being a "2016", they all were. Cruiser didn't make the 2912 in 2015. The components were manufactured in 2014, assembled in 2015, and titled as a 2016. Warranties are based on date of RV delivery, not when parts were made. If you have a 2912, the registration will say 2016.

As far as advice on your unit, I don't know what to tell you. All I can tell you is what I would do.

I would keep pushing any warranty items. I would call the tire manufacturer if I had to. Do what it takes. If my tires fail, I won't want the same ones again anyway, so a claim would have to be monetary reimbursement, or I wouldn't even pursue it. Whatever I didn't get covered I would fix myself. These things aren't the space shuttle. I have had a local welder add bracing to our motor home steps, and I'm sure he could add bracing to the water tank if needed.

I would not hire an attorney. Suing the manufacturer would not be a profitable scenario in my opinion. Any gains would be offset by costs.

If none of these options work, then trade in your unit on something else and take a loss. Understand, however, that a different unit may come with a new set of issues as well.

I hate the fact that your unit is causing you grief. Camping should be an enjoyable experience, not what you are experiencing. Good luck with everything, and I hope you can once again enjoy your Stryker.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #111

I feel for ya Wild Card! My wife and I returned from a trip, WI to FL to Parris Island, SC, Ashville, NC and back to WI! We had a few issues but most was probably operator error, working out those gremlins, just not knowing what you could run and not run at the same time while using the ONAN 4000 generator. We had NO tire issues, same factory tires are on it! We started out with the rig, also a 2912, winterized and thought we could DE-winterized it when we got far enough south. Well we figured and counted on sleeping in it along the way but using truck stop bathrooms along the way to do our business. No problem right, we had heat and all the amenities needed for short overnight stops, WRONG, the heater quit working, no problem right, WRONG, kept tripping the GFI trying to use electric heaters. Stopped at a Camping World in Macon, GA! Camping World in Madison, WI is where we got ours. We phoned ahead to them, it was a Saturday, and they ended up being absolutely GREAT people and got us in right away to find the issue. It was a wire connected to the heater that had come loose! They even De-winterized our rig for us, filled hot water tank, fresh water, NO COST,and we were on our way, no issues afterwords! The only issue we have thus far is, we actually wish the bed was aQueen and not King, we'd like those extra inches around the bed.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:41 AM   #112

Well its not that the unit is causing me grief, it's the fact the mfg and my chosen repair facility plus personal are so sub par. I work for Trane as a industrial chiller tech. I work on 1/2 Million dollar chillers and have a very high standard. I had to pay my repair facility 250$ to handle the warranty work...and just for example when I say my heat goes out on high limit andI bring it to you and you say everything is fine, I have a problem with that. High limit is a safety not a temerature regulating scheme...

I will get her straight...I know things have bugs and my wife and I really like the unit...was just hoping the mfg and mfg rep would stand up and do the right thing.

I am going to fix and modify what I can myself and call my insurance company about the roof issues as that is a job I don't know if I want to tackle without having a shop big enough...damn door is only 12ft.

I will post a few pics on Monday of my roof issues just so everyone can watch out for what may happen.

Thanks for the advice...and I agree an attorney is a money losing battle for very little outcome.