Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #113

All fixed minus roof.

2 hrs for mount and ballance of new Sailun 235-85-16 tires

4hrs fixing all the other stuff that they attempted to fix or failed to fix

Waiting on my welding shop to fab my new tank supports. May take another 2hrs to install. Replacing factory sports and then going across middle from frame to frame with another piece of 3/16s angle.

So 8hrs on something that took the 2 months and I actually fixed stuff.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #114

Great news!

Old 04-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #115

Ya'll see my thread
New Hauler Problems, structural

I hope this is a one off problem...but I don't think it is.

I suggest every owner to look closely at your hauler.

Also educate yourself on weekend warriors weak frame problem.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #116

Spring is here!

Just got our 2912 home for a wash and wax. We have not experienced any issues with this camper, and we love it. Sorry to hear about Wild Card's problems, but we honestly have none of the issues that he's had. A bad week at the factory I guess.

We've had it just under a year, and have towed it 2500 miles. Camped 30 nights or so, some of which was in heavy rain. No leaks. The only issue we have so far is that a couple of the amber LED's have "burned out" on the strip above the door, but I'm changing them out to a multi color system like we had on our MH. Under $50.

Loading up the dirt bikes and heading out next week. If my tires blow out, roof pops up, tank drops out, floor sags, or heater doesn't work, you'll be the first to know!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stryker 1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	124991  
Old 04-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #117

Other than a few issues covered under warranty, we haven't had any issues either. I do know that Cruiser made some changes to the 2912 mid year.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #118

Mine is a 2812. It also has some pecilular registration dates.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #119

We are on vacation in Moab Utah right now and I'm pleased to report the trailer handled beautifully with our two quads loaded up!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #120

Memorial Day Weekend

In Oakland, California, heading home to Illinois this afternoon. We leave tomorrow morning to Sugar Bottom Campground in Coralville, IA. 4 campers, and a boat for the weekend. Can't wait!

Installed my Hensley Arrow Hitch and am happy to report no trailer sway whatsoever. I found a used one on Craigslist and it works well. We used to experience a bit of sway on windy days, or when a semi would blast past us. The Hensley Arrow fixed that. I have found it to be EASIER to hook up than a traditional ball, especially if you have a back-up camera. The hitch and spring bars remain in place on the trailer, so no greasy hands. If anyone is concerned about trailer sway, you may want to think about a Hensley or Pro Pride. The only downside is the cost.

Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend! Remember them.....
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2016, 06:04 AM   #121

I just purchased a Cruiser Stryker 2512. Lets just say it is a huge camper. It stands around 12' tall above the ground. I picked up from the dealer the Thursday before Memorial weekend. It is the first Wednesday after the holiday and I am now bringing it back to the dealer for a long list of warranty work. Overall I like the camper but this may be me rationalizing my purchase. I don't know who to more upset with the dealership for delivering my camper with these issues or the manufacture for having such bad quality control. By the way they do not include a ladder to access the rear upper bunk. I tow the trailer with a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. The truck towed the trailer with ease; However after loading up all our gear, supplies and our Quad it was noticeably heavier. Also on the good side the Can Am Quad fits inside with room to spare. No other toy hauler I looked at has this kind of room.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #122

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 06-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #123

It's not just Cruiser RVS quality control it's industry wide...I would put some blame on the selling dealer as well.

When the transporter picked my rig up to take back to factory...he was a couple days late. He had taken one to a dealer and they refused it and sent it back...good dealer to refuse a sub part unit. He said it's industry wide he does haul backs all the time for refusals.

I should have mine back by the end of the month. I will say this...customer service from Cruiser RV, thumbs down. Customer service since DRV Suites took over my problem, thumbs up. Getting to that point was exhausting.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #124

I would agree and I wish more dealers would refuse delivery on defective units. On a positive note our first trailer was a Forest River product and other than replacing the countertop, I never had to take it back for any more warranty work. I'm getting ready to take our Stryker back in for the third time!
Old 07-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #125

I took our Stryker 2912 into the dealer for the third time with a laundry list of issues. Most notably the Cummins Onan 4000 gen. When I would run it with the a/c on, it would only run for 10 minutes and then shut down. Our dealer found that Cruiser rv didn't use a thick enough gauge of wire from the batteries to the generator. They fixed it promptly. Just an FYI to Stryker owners that may have this problem.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #126

Mine is back. That's all I am gonna say about it. Lippert chassis and their half assed repair. I will fix it myself this winter. Never buy anything with a Lippert Chassis. Awning not fixed nor tongue jack...Jack actually failed 4th of July weekend when setting up 3 days after I got it back. They were complaints in the list of repairs...I was just told they were loud, ok buddy. Old one locked up. New one works smooth and quiet. Was told my power wire was to small feeding panel and batt switch and that's why the awning was slow. They installed a real batt disconnect by the range and up sized the wire. Was told the awning comes in real nice now...it's actually slower. Haven't put new awning motor in. I called lippert last week and they shipped out the parts under warranty. DRV put new fresh water tank with new vent system...but now none of my holding tank sensors work.

DRV actually did a good job on what they did and repaired...we will see if it lasts.

Gonna run it till it flies apart. Luckily I can make most repairs and mods myself...which is probably part of the problem...obviously the rv industry standards are not anywhere close to mine.

Warranty is done and I can fix the stuff like it's supposed to be now.