Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

2016 Cruiser Stryker 2912 Toy Hauler

Hello all! My family is currently shopping for a Toy Hauler TT. My company provides a truck, but only a 1/2 ton F150. Fifth Wheels are not an option for us. With that being said, there are a few Toy Hauler TT's that would work. We have narrowed our search to a Cruiser RV Stryker 2912. Big door, big tanks, aluminum framed, and other minor advantages over some others. We know nothing about that brand and it's quality. Their website is vague when it comes to construction details, and I cannot even find what the warranty period is. Does anyone own this brand and can share any experiences with the Stryker toy haulers? We currently own a 35' gas Class A, and have previously owned a Keystone Passport TT, which we enjoyed. Thanks!
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #2

*** Update... As of January 2015, Cruiser RV was purchased by Heartland RV in Elkhart, IN. Probably why information on the Stryker line is slim. Heartland makes a Torque series that seems to have the same floorplans as the Cruiser Stryker line. That's good news. The bad news is there doesn't seem to be much inventory of the Heartland Torque TQ T29 yet. I've read positive reviews on Heartland RV products. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #4

I believe I have a camper that is a predecessor to the current line.. It is a 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 fifth wheel Toy Hauler.
It seems to be pretty solidly built albeit a bit heavier than some others out there. I think Rage'n came back as Weekend Warrior from some of the info I have seen on the WWW. One of the few trailer manufacturers based in California (Riverside I believe)..

Regards - Randy & Dar
2015 F350 CC-DRW-409 Diesel / 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler / 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail-XT
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #5

Have used Cruiser RVs and I really like them. Little bit better planning and execution on their units than some others.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream71 View Post
*** Update... As of January 2015, Cruiser RV was purchased by Heartland RV in Elkhart, IN. Probably why information on the Stryker line is slim. Heartland makes a Torque series that seems to have the same floorplans as the Cruiser Stryker line. That's good news. The bad news is there doesn't seem to be much inventory of the Heartland Torque TQ T29 yet. I've read positive reviews on Heartland RV products. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks!

Heartland was once a step above in quality. Since they were bought out by Thor back in 2010, there has been reported a steady decline in quality. Another reason for their quality dropping is Cyclone being number one in sales causing them to pump them out at a very fast pace. Our last rig was a Heartland product but we looked elsewhere this time around. That said, no brand is without it's issues. Find the floorplan you like and go for it. We went with XLR based on floorplan, them having the most standards and options, and their customer service after the sale.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Taken,
What does quality mean to you? What did you notice with the newer line that differed from prior?
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quality means fit and finish. They all use the same parts otherwise. Service after the sale is also very important to me. To be honest, I didn't shop Heartland this time at all as I read too many negative posts recently...
Old 06-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with you on fit and attention to detail. To me "finish" is trim level and it's completely independent of quality. You can always pay for more stuff (finish), but having it installed well is "quality" to me.

In terms of after the sale, I'm not sure what brand you're talking about, but down here the local dealers are in charge of service after the sale. An my understanding is that they're not actually obligated to service the RV in any sort of timeline if they have "more pressing" (meaning more $$) work in front...

That doesn't mean that all dealers are bad about it, I'm just suggesting that people ask "what's the turn around time on service" before the sale - try to get it in writing, as I'll bet most dealers wont.... Some of it is certainly parts availability - which the dealer has no control - but lots of stories about RVs sitting for the majority of their first years....

I do have a deep appreciation for manufacturers that will work with customers directly - not all will do that.

Lots of owner expectations out of wack too... Best thing you can do is learn to fix the little stuff yourself.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
In terms of after the sale, I'm not sure what brand you're talking about, but down here the local dealers are in charge of service after the sale. An my understanding is that they're not actually obligated to service the RV in any sort of timeline if they have "more pressing" (meaning more $$) work in front...
Best thing you can do is learn to fix the little stuff yourself.
I fix everything myself and Forest River as well as my out of state dealer (Jeff Couch's) have been outstanding about sending me warranty items. If they want the old one back to inspect, they just send a return shipping label with the new part...
Old 06-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
That's great feedback!
Some manufacturers will work with consumers direct, some won't.. Glad you've got a good relationship with your dealer that makes that sort of thing unnecessary.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
That's great feedback!
Some manufacturers will work with consumers direct, some won't.. Glad you've got a good relationship with your dealer that makes that sort of thing unnecessary.
Actually, I have dealt with FR directly too. Also very easy to work with. I can go through the dealer or FR depending on the issue.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #13

We have decided to pull the trigger on the Cruiser Stryker 2912 TT toy hauler. We feel that it is the best value for us. King bed, large shower with doors, 10 gal G/E water heater, 7000 lbs dry, slam latch doors, big tanks, ect. We looked at every toy hauler manufacturer that had available travel trailer floorplans. We liked the Evergreen Amped (too heavy and $$), Weekend Warrior ($14K more), and decided on the Stryker. Signing papers tomorrow. Trading in our Class A MH, and will be our first toy hauler. I intend to haul a golf cart, grills/smokers, bikes, motorcycles, ect. Hope it works out! Thanks for your feedback.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Congratulations. Be sure to post pictures when you get her home....