Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #1

2016 Highland Flyer HT31RGR

any owners of this model out there?? if so could you please share your post purchase thoughts on this unit(good & bad) thanks
meseahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #2

I was looking for some feedback here as well. Awesome floorplan
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meseahunt View Post
any owners of this model out there?? if so could you please share your post purchase thoughts on this unit(good & bad) thanks
there were some reviews I read, maybe it was on the other forum rvnet, but one thing I remember is they are heavy. Personally I think they are the prettiest interior units out there, but I still have to go all aluminum since I don't feel like fixing stuff all the time.
dannko58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #4

I'll be able to comment next spring. I'll be ordering one 1st quarter of next year. Out of all the bumper pull THs out there, this is by far the most open feeling and highest quality I've seen. The little things is what sold me. I love the enclosed hookups outside, the option of jt strong arms from the factory, the metal protectors above each tire to help during a blowout, just to name a few. It is heavy, but I'll be getting a dually so that won't be a problem personally.
RIDINGisLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDINGisLIFE View Post
I'll be able to comment next spring. I'll be ordering one 1st quarter of next year. Out of all the bumper pull THs out there, this is by far the most open feeling and highest quality I've seen. The little things is what sold me. I love the enclosed hookups outside, the option of jt strong arms from the factory, the metal protectors above each tire to help during a blowout, just to name a few. It is heavy, but I'll be getting a dually so that won't be a problem personally.
what is a JT strong arm?

Oh I have a 17 SuperDuty that would pull it no problem, it's just that all that weight will add to fuel costs, mountain slowdowns etc....still why I am leaning to ATC all aluminum, I can even pull that with a straight dropdown hitch, no sway or distribution needed. I like that. Though I love the interior on yours, it's just too perfect and best interior out of all rv's except Airstream.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #6

We have seriously been considering one. I am not certain about towing it, biggest bumper tow I ever had was a horse trailer. We currently have a Ram 2500 ctd which should fall into the towing specs without a hitch (&#128518. I have never seen one but reading about it and looking at other products made by Highland Ridge convince me of the quality. I like the pickup bed being open and all the extra storage it brings. This TT looks to be substantial which I cannot say about other TT toyhaulers we have looked at. We are anxious to hear what others have to say besides sales folks.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #7

Jt strong arms is a contraption that attaches to your corner stabilizer jacks. Once the trailer is stabilized, you lock the jt strong arms and it takes away 90+% of the shaking in the rv when you move around inside.

I have 4 quads that need to go with us most times we go camping. 2 can easily go onto the garage of the trailer and the other 2 will go on the diamondback tonneau cover I'll be putting on the truck. That's why I need the dually.

I've looked in the atc trailers. They are nice, but lacking the "homey" feeling the wife wants. I also need the separate garage so we can shut the kids out when we wanna watch a movie or have adult time in the main room.

We were originally going to build an atc car hauler into a makeshift toy hauler. It was going to be nearly just as much, but not near as comfortable inside. Atc makes nice stuff.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Jt strong arms is a contraption that attaches to your corner stabilizer jacks. Once the trailer is stabilized, you lock the jt strong arms and it takes away 90+% of the shaking in the rv when you move around inside.

I have 4 quads that need to go with us most times we go camping. 2 can easily go onto the garage of the trailer and the other 2 will go on the diamondback tonneau cover I'll be putting on the truck. That's why I need the dually.

I've looked in the atc trailers. They are nice, but lacking the "homey" feeling the wife wants. I also need the separate garage so we can shut the kids out when we wanna watch a movie or have adult time in the main room.

We were originally going to build an atc car hauler into a makeshift toy hauler. It was going to be nearly just as much, but not near as comfortable inside. Atc makes nice stuff.
funny you say Diamondback, I have the HD on my Super Duty, so far I like my cover and the main reason I am going bumper pull as I don't want to take the cover off to do a 5th wheel.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #9

I've heard nothing but good things about diamondback. I can't wait to have everything and use it!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:45 AM   #10

Quote:
I've heard nothing but good things about diamondback. I can't wait to have everything and use it!
one warning, when I received it, the hinges did not line up on the front panel, so I requested another, they sent it, but it was worse because the LineX was all gobbed up on the back panel and looked like crapola. So I jacked enough with the first unit and got it to work ok. They did send some replacement hinges so if these ever give out I am covered.

Otherwise it's a great cover.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #11

Noted. At least they attempted to fix the problem. That's always a good sign.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #12

The Furrion electronics are not as high in quality as one would hope[emoji53]
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #13

The sound bar, tv's, all of It? What's wrong with them?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #14

Spoke with Open Range owners who were not happy with sound quality. May have improved but would not be a deal breaker for me. Have not heard them but before purchase worth the look.