Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #29

I had my friend send me a photo of his Grand Design 376 window completely missing to prove the issue. Plywood covers the one side and black cardboard covers the other half.

He also added a few other issues he's had with it.

His steps to his bedroom are coming loose
His antena was put on backwards
His front cap LED lights have faded from blue to white
The garage vents aren't venting and is getting fuel fumes inside the trailer.

He was an Air-conditioning technician, and he opened up the panel to see the unit and found the block off plates where the ducts are was done in a way that the ac was sucking up cold air right where it was coming out that should have been going into the cabin ducts.

He is thinking of printing a large sticker with all of his issues and putting on the back of his unit until he can get something done about this from Grand Design.

Like I mentioned, Ray Clark hasn't returned both of his voicemails and calls that he has made to him and that was 15 days ago.

As always, once a higher up from an rv company finds out about issues you have, you never hear from them, or can get any help getting things fixed. It's a, "You're on your own" mindset.

I have learned this first hand in my own experience with my Dutchman product having to hire an attorney to get a replacement unit for my lemon. I'm having the exact water leaking issues with the one year new replacement trailer I was given.

Ducthman is Keystone. The Keystone owners formed Grand Design. So your getting the same terrible build quality.

The RV industry is a throw it together and watch it fall apart industry.
jeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #30

I just saw photo bucket doesn't let me use the photo I wanted to attach to that post. I'll try and figure out another way to post it.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #31

Click image for larger version

Name:	rvwindow.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	175727
Old 09-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #32

There does seem to be more issues of late on the GD product line. Maybe growing pains, maybe Winnie changing the way things are done. I see it on the GD pages, but still considering the number of units built, and the number of members on those pages, it's really not many when looking at the big picture. Our 2017 Momentum 350M has still been essentially problem free except for the things in my previous post. It is getting used, hauled around a lot. The reason I say essentially is that we have had some trim pieces come loose, extremely easy fix that I don't consider to be a "problem", but others might. My cap lights have turned white too, but I don't care, I don't use them and actually wish they weren't there. I don't haul gas toys, so I cant comment on the vents. But how would they not work? They are either open or closed, I don't get that. I would suspect a fuel leak or spill.
I would suggest to the poster above, have your friend call JD or Scott in service, I have dealt with them both and they are fantastic. He can also contact Bill Martin who is a marketing guy that monitors the owners sites and helps people navigate through the process. Grand Design has stepped up and made sure I was taken care of and happy every time I needed them, my dealer is horrible, but GD always picks up their slack. I have owned two GD units now and wouldn't hesitate to buy a 3rd.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #33

Oh, and the brake problem is likely grease seals on the axles. Lippert has had a problem with them for years, they leak and coat the brake shoes. It appears that Grand Design has quit using them, but only recently, I saw some folks took delivery of new units and they had Dexter axles under them. You can go on any manufacturers forum that uses Lippert axles and find people complaining about that, it's been a very frustrating thing for many. Also a big safety issue.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #34

Smile Looking hard at Grand Design

I am in the retiring mode and have dry camped for years in a Lance, which I just sold. I pulled a Haulmark behind that with an ATV and would do 4-7 day trips in the Rockies, two hours away. I want to still do that but also want to hit warm weather this Winter for a month or two at a time. I am wondering if an 250m would tend to get a little tight after a month or so? Am considering a bigger Grand Design toy hauler or a Jayco Seismic. I did fine in my Lance because one just sleeps and does the necessities in it but spends the days out of doors. I wonder if I go bigger to get the homey feel because I will be staying longer periods of time. Will I regret the beast vs something a little more maneuverable?

Any Feedback is greatly appreciated.
dsoar007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #35

That is a 350 M not 250.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #36

Getting in places can be a challenge and even limited as is with the 350M. We love the size/room in our 350M, but the down side is more limited options especially when considering some state, local, or National parks in my experience.

We have 2 teenagers, 2 small dogs, and 2 adults and space hasn't been a problem for us in the 350. We use the dinette/happi-jack system that allows the garage to serve as living space. We are typically out up to 4 weeks in the summer and not an issue.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
Getting in places can be a challenge and even limited as is with the 350M. We love the size/room in our 350M, but the down side is more limited options especially when considering some state, local, or National parks in my experience.

We have 2 teenagers, 2 small dogs, and 2 adults and space hasn't been a problem for us in the 350. We use the dinette/happi-jack system that allows the garage to serve as living space. We are typically out up to 4 weeks in the summer and not an issue.
Thank you for your thoughts. I think the 350 M is plenty big, after all where I plan on going I will be out side most the time.