Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #1

2017 Grand Designs Momentum 350M

Just pulled the trigger on one. MHO, the RV builders ALL have build quality issues, but are getting better. I chose the Momentum 350M because it is what it is....very good quality throughout, no gimmicky lights and crap. Nice use of space...Looked at a Winnebago Scorpion 3480 and found moulding hanging loose, doors not closing properly and just felt chinsy. The Momentum felt warm inside, nicely appointed kitchen, nice cabinetry, second garage bathroom, 3 AC's. It just felt stepping into the best of both worlds regarding toy haulers. I understand the desire of the Keystone guys leaving to build an RV to what they felt was better than the Keystone product. The feedback reviews from many Montana buyers is horrible. I am hoping like any new RV buyer for the best in my purchase. I am sure there will be quirks, but right now, the 350M is INSANE!
icunjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2016, 05:19 AM   #2

I really like the momentums also. Looked hard at them two years ago when we ended up buying our fuzion. I needed a 12' garage and the momentum was too much weight for my 3500 srw
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icunjl View Post
Just pulled the trigger on one. MHO, the RV builders ALL have build quality issues, but are getting better. I chose the Momentum 350M because it is what it is....very good quality throughout, no gimmicky lights and crap. Nice use of space...Looked at a Winnebago Scorpion 3480 and found moulding hanging loose, doors not closing properly and just felt chinsy. The Momentum felt warm inside, nicely appointed kitchen, nice cabinetry, second garage bathroom, 3 AC's. It just felt stepping into the best of both worlds regarding toy haulers. I understand the desire of the Keystone guys leaving to build an RV to what they felt was better than the Keystone product. The feedback reviews from many Montana buyers is horrible. I am hoping like any new RV buyer for the best in my purchase. I am sure there will be quirks, but right now, the 350M is INSANE!
We are very happy with our 350M. Love the floor plan and the build quality so far (we got our 2016 in March).

Not sure about yours, but ours has blue lights under the coach on the outside and on the exterior of the front cap. Blue lights under the sofa, blue up lights in the kitchen, in the cup holders on the sofa, under the lip to glow down on the fireplace, and in the master bedroom.

Our 350M really came fully loaded... I have seen many options the Momentum left off when compared to the rest.

Happy trails!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
We are very happy with our 350M. Love the floor plan and the build quality so far (we got our 2016 in March).

Not sure about yours, but ours has blue lights under the coach on the outside and on the exterior of the front cap. Blue lights under the sofa, blue up lights in the kitchen, in the cup holders on the sofa, under the lip to glow down on the fireplace, and in the master bedroom.

Our 350M really came fully loaded... I have seen many options the Momentum left off when compared to the rest.

Happy trails!
....Should say "haven't seen many options left off." (Dang auto-correct). :0)
Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #5

I really dont see to many changes from the '16 to '17. We got the dealership to swap out the 3 step to the 4 step Torklift steps on the Solitude and toss in a B&W Companion 20K slide hitch. We look forward to the coming spring! We pick up our '17 in a couple days.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #6

where did you buy from ? thx
Old 01-06-2017, 06:23 PM   #7

For what is worth do you know GD has been sold ??? 350M is a price point Toy Hauler. Best compared from the reflection-solitude brands. 6 inches less in width than the real momentum plus trim and other things lacking.
I would be more concerned about recent sale of GD as it will without a doubt reduce resale value.
For what it is worth I am in the same boat as you are . I own the a 355 TH not the M.
Reason for M class having washer in rear is the reduced width and not enough room for it in the front.
Good Luck.
sc1camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:03 PM   #8

2017 Grand Design Momentum 350M

Well, regardless of the merge with Winnebago, we are happy with the size, options, fit and finish of the 350M. We do not mind the fact it is 6" less in width or the fact it has the w/d in the back. It hauls one toy, my 2015 Harley FLHXSE Street Glide CVO. At 38', it is a big as we ever wanted. We are very fortunate to now own a toy hauler that was a dream come true for us! I retire this October after 30 years in Law Enforcement. Looking forward to the memories down the RV road.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

We have had our 2017 350M since November. Three trips so far and we are thrilled with it. As far as the difference between it and the TH, you bought it for what it is, it is what it is, and it isn't that. This is my second Grand Design unit, I had an Imagine travel trailer before this. Pre Winnebago sale I was able to call and get all the help I needed from the folks at Grand Design and now post Winnebago sale I am still able to do the same thing, hopefully this continues to be the case. It is an exceptional company that puts it's customers first.

The first three trips resulted in zero problems with the coach, until the very end of the third trip. We lost a wheel and tire, lugs sheared, turns out when I took the drum off the brake was dragging and completely worn out on that wheel. Don't know if that was the cause or just a contributing factor. My dealer is a service nightmare, so I called Grand Design and told them the story. New wheel, lugs, center cap and fender flair on the way with an offer to reimburse me for the brakes and studs which I already purchased to get the coach home.

They all have their problems, but I don't think you will get that kind of service from other manufacturers. Enjoy the new toy hauler!!
CoachCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1camping View Post
For what is worth do you know GD has been sold ??? 350M is a price point Toy Hauler. Best compared from the reflection-solitude brands. 6 inches less in width than the real momentum plus trim and other things lacking.
I would be more concerned about recent sale of GD as it will without a doubt reduce resale value.
For what it is worth I am in the same boat as you are . I own the a 355 TH not the M.
Reason for M class having washer in rear is the reduced width and not enough room for it in the front.
Good Luck.
Not sure how wide a Momentum is, but our Momentum 350M is 102" (8' 6") wide when using a tape measure which is the legal limit in most states including Ohio where we live.

The length from the manufacturer says, almost 39', but it is slightly over 40' when you include the front cap (from the tip of point to the rear is just over the 40' mark - hard to get the exact measurement because the front cap has an aerodynamic cap with the center point sticking out the farthest).
Old 01-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #11

We bought our 2017 350M in September 2016. Took it out three times and enjoyed it very much. Had somethings that are not right but it goes into the dealer in March to correct all the warranty stuff. We love the floor plan, and have trips plan for the future.
momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #12

We were looking at this model. What other models and manufactures did you guys look at? Still hunting.
Disneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 PM   #13

2017 Grand Design Momentum 350M

Looked hard at the Winnebago Scorpion!
Old 02-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #14

We looked at most makes including Jayco Seismic, Dutchman Voltage, and Fusion and any others we could find. I created a list of non-negotiables that we liked from looking at the different builds and went from there. So far we are pleased with the construction and the choice. We love the 350M floorplan too so it was a win-win. The only sacrifice that we really found was the lack of a wardrobe for our kids, but that is true in most toy haulers.