Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #1

hey Everyone:

Finally got some pics of the sound system I put in the SLC...it was a 'puter sound system that works great for TV & CD sound, a Logitech Z5300e 5.1 surround system with Subwoofer- 280 watts of power. Makes the Sat TV bark now...all for under $200.

Note the speakers shown are the left front and center (you get the idea, eh?)...

Then the subwoofer/amplifier that goes in the cabinet next to the TV (fits perfectly):

And the remote (yeah-darn it- not wireless, but oh well):

And...the best part...the top valance of the swivel TV cabinet I inverted (the fasteners are vertically offset which worked out well- no additional screws, and it actually helps to hold the top of the TV now) so I could put the DirecTV receiver above the TV...

Now, this isn't my big system- which will actually go in the front basement, but this Logitech system does extremely well for the living room. You can find out the specs for it here.

And we couldn't have got a better fit for the TVs...they're just a couple of Symphonic 20" Flat ScreenTVs that cost $139ea- and they fit perfectly in the cabinets (living room & bedroom). Sorry Howie, but I just couldn't see forking out the $$$s for a LCD!

We didn't opt for the 12v system that WW charges an arm and a leg for, and since we're getting the inverter, this 120v system on 4 6v batts will work for quite some time without having to turn the generator on.

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #2

hey Everyone:

Finally got some pics of the sound system I put in the SLC...it was a 'puter sound system that works great for TV & CD sound, a Logitech Z5300e 5.1 surround system with Subwoofer- 280 watts of power. Makes the Sat TV bark now...all for under $200.

Note the speakers shown are the left front and center (you get the idea, eh?)...

Then the subwoofer/amplifier that goes in the cabinet next to the TV (fits perfectly):

And the remote (yeah-darn it- not wireless, but oh well):

And...the best part...the top valance of the swivel TV cabinet I inverted (the fasteners are vertically offset which worked out well- no additional screws, and it actually helps to hold the top of the TV now) so I could put the DirecTV receiver above the TV...

Now, this isn't my big system- which will actually go in the front basement, but this Logitech system does extremely well for the living room. You can find out the specs for it here.

And we couldn't have got a better fit for the TVs...they're just a couple of Symphonic 20" Flat ScreenTVs that cost $139ea- and they fit perfectly in the cabinets (living room & bedroom). Sorry Howie, but I just couldn't see forking out the $$$s for a LCD!

We didn't opt for the 12v system that WW charges an arm and a leg for, and since we're getting the inverter, this 120v system on 4 6v batts will work for quite some time without having to turn the generator on.

Sean

Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #3

Looks great Sean!!! Are you hooking up the big system for outside sound?

Sounds like rocking Moab to me!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #4

That looks great, I wish I could here it through my computer.

I love these pictorial mods........let's the rest of us "get it right" when we steal your ideas.

Look out 56, you've got competition.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.CARNEY:
Looks great Sean!!! Are you hooking up the big system for outside sound?

Sounds like rocking Moab to me!!!

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeap...gotta figure out how to get it all in there, but got to have tunes in the desert - all 2000 watts of it!

And HD- that's what it's all about!

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i know i might be veering into corporate secrets here, but 2000 watts has got to take some power. you running that directly from your gen, or does that get powered from a couple 20 amp basic outlets in the trailer?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #7

Mike:

Actually the system only takes about 9-10 amps in full 'blow the doors off' mode, and like I did in my 95, I run a dedicated circuit directly from the panel for it. We were able to run both ACs AND the sound system off my old Honda EV6010, but then again- it was a true 50amp genset- the Onan is only 45.8amp, so maybe we'll only run the sound at, say, 80%- that's only about 4-5 amps (sound power is very progressive).

It's my lighting system that takes all the juice...18 amps when everything's on (25 with the fogger), but I usually don't have that where I have to run it off the TH....so we're safe.

Hopefully we'll have somewhere to try it out, huh? That's usually in the desert!

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
[QUOTE] Actually the system only takes about 9-10 amps in full 'blow the doors off' mode/QUOTE]

And what would be the problem here? The nuker uses 18 amps, the air uses 13.5 per unit, just leave the air and micro off and crank it up.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #9

2000 watt tunes !
lighting !
fogger !

Now i am very curious. This is not even close to the dealer stock unit. I do want to hear this.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:41 PM   #10

OK...maybe I outta "set the stage"....

It would be prudent of me to leave the lights and fogger home...really- it's the second show, but from what I can tell of this crowd, my 'ol 70's to 80's rock (and maybe some 60's or even 50's) should tantilize enough. I've done some river bashes at the Parker strip for 500-600 people (way before my current system, which all together is actually around 4800 watts, but I'm retired and finally quit having to cart that whole ka-boo-tle around), so I think we'll be able to party on, Garth without having to really test the system (of course, I reserve the right to do so- may get kicked out, but'll be worth it!).

And there will be some who relish the fact that I do just about all kinds of music...my library consists of 15 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes, and 57 seconds of music, and that was about a year ago when I stopped entering new CDs into my database. Got Glenn Miller to the Now! albums. But I don't do rap (no applauding OK...it only riles them up even more). And oh...I also don't play anything before I hear it first...been put in that corner before and it's not pur-ty!.

Sooooo...even though I'm retired from all of this, I'd gladly contribute to the group in this fashion. If we get a final headcount, I'll know what to bring over and beyond the 2000 watt system.

Tunes anyone?!

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #11

I can't wait to hear your sound system Sean.

Sounds like you've got enough of a variety in music to keep everyone happy. Well, everyone you care about anyhoo.

With that kind of wattage you could light a small city.

And light show w/smoke? Wow.....that'll get a group in the mood to party.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:30 PM   #12

Wes:

Hummm...you've got me thinkin' twice about that...if I were to bring the second show, I'd need to borrow some juice- just one of my lights takes 800 watts. But it appears it may be worth it...IF everyone is UP for it!

Something I forgot to mention that has been my 'creed' and repeat customers...if it doesn't sound 100% clear, then I cringe....my trick has been to include a "Sound Processor" (Behringer Ultrafex Pro) into my system that guarantees the best possible sound quality. Quality DOES come first in my [ex]-biz...and always will.

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #13

alright, Sound Man has asked about tunes...
for me:
- G.Dead
- Mountain
- and i've had one of my blasts from the pasts in my truck's CD/coin-holder now for a couple weeks: Lou Reed's 'Rock and Roll Animal'

but like you said, just 'bout all is good,
and the one group of music that you won't play,... same here!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:41 PM   #14

Rock and Roll Animal-- Oh man!!!!!

I haven't heard that in 30 years

How about some Golden Earing "Radar Love"

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote