Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
TyCreek
i seem to recall you got your FK at around the same time that Bubba got his FS.
Hows it been working for you?
And i guess it sounds like your 12V wires and propane lines were unwrapped as well.?.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps it's why we have such good fun here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hoverbug,
what I think is fun, ... is reading what you have done in the Vintage area. TH'rs and Vintage'rs seem to share a similar fanatacism.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:29 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Ya, got it in April ... we bought an 05 in Mar but they screwed things up ... long story short, that one never made it off the lot! The salesman was let go ... we got the 06 as a replacement.

Thought about TH's for awhile and figured it was much less hassle to buy one than rent for evaluating our uses! We're now hooked ... DX'd the F150 for a bit better fit tow vehicle and will now be selling the cool old motorhome. The new truck still fits in the garage at only a couple inches longer and looks almost the same e.g. color and topper! Sure like the standard tranny for pull'n!

Oops back to the older toy (TH)! Haven't had any problems with anything yet ... just didn't like how some of the wiring and plumbing was done. So, like some others have done, I've started fixing it my own way. When I get it done I'll get some pictures of the wrapping on the web. Though, it could be several weeks. Funny, I couldn't find any large loom in black so the larger sections are clad in blue ... ah well don't think many will ever crawl under there to see it!

I think my best TH improvement so far was the power jack! Ah, so nice!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:24 AM   #18

Hey I heard my name called and just wanted to check in. No posts from me this weekend I had a life. (Just kidding) I had a wedding to attend in Ventura on Saturday. It was nice being able to scope out the same path will be driving on thur to Pismo. Sunday I did the Fuel tank mod and the Reading lights over the front bed mod. The inverter should be here today. I think I'm just going to use an extension cord for now and then do the Inverter mod in the coming weeks. That's about it. Someone asked on another post what my tally is from Wally world. "Don't ask" we have moved on to Sam's club. Also picked up 2 fire extinguishers so Clark would be proud of me. As far as the water hose mod I'm waiting for my neighbor to go to work so I can steal his garden hose... It's a nice new pliable one should work fine. Might do this mod while at Pismo. It will give me a chance to get away from the relatives and play in the sand.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
What's all this about reading lights? I know I'm old and showing some wear, but reading in bed! As I said, I may be old, but I ain't going to bed to do no stinkin reading.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #20

Geez HB How long have you been drinking beer. I know the older I get the more I go #1. So just for your clarification its a reading light on the left side of the bed for her and a 3am drunken stupor I gota go now light on the right for me. Does this clear things up?

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #21

If you've ever mounted a whizzing light above the bed in your toyhauler.....you might be a redneck.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #22

"Git Er Done"

06 LE 3505
Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Ha! Saw the Cable Guy on tv last night; an old rerun but still a good watch. Rednecks Rule!!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Heck with installing reading lights. I just plug in a nightlight and leave it on, that way you don't have to keep turning it off and on all night long.

And use a battery operated one for boondocking!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:57 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you've ever mounted a whizzing light above the bed in your toyhauler.....you might be a redneck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy bubba! You started early today!

Griz...you're just keeeeeelllling me! Hey...watch out...every time to see that whizzing light, you'll have to go. Thank goodness you didn't put in a pooper light (or is that the one on Jen's side?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, I can't keep up. I got some Camco stock and now I guess I'll have to get some Anhauser Busch.

Checked all my indicator probe connections today. Everyone, all twelve had loose screws. Now they are all tight with a coating of liquid tape. Good to go. Or as someone else said "Git er done!!"
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #27

"Battery powered wiz light" there ain't no redneck in that! I like the Tim Allan approch..."MORE POWER" besides I got to run wire use power tools mount fuse blocks drink beer and cut wood. In a red neck world that sure beats the heck out of pluging in a AA battery!

Red Neck LE Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 08-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I like the Tim Allan approch..."MORE POWER" besides I got to run wire use power tools mount fuse blocks drink beer and cut wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck...you better not firgit to tune that thar grass-eater, needer!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote