Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #1

I crawled under my WW FS2300 this morning and finished covering wires with garden hose or 1/2" neopreme hose to protect wires where they might rub on the frame. I must have used 8' of hose and 50 tiewraps.
While I was under there I noticed that one of the fresh water tank center supports was loose so I tightened it up. Then I checked under the front (door side) of the frame for wires that may need attention. There were no wires on that side but I did find a potential problem. I found 3 places on the rubber propane hose that goes from the propane regulator to a black pipe fitting under the trailer, that was rubbing the frame and cutting into the propane line. I buffered them with garden hose just like I did the electrical wiring.
Just thought y'all might want to check your propane hose, especially FS2300 owners.

Propane hose crosses over battery rack.

Propane hose crosses under front frame member.

Propane hose crosses over angle iron stabalizer support.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #2

I crawled under my WW FS2300 this morning and finished covering wires with garden hose or 1/2" neopreme hose to protect wires where they might rub on the frame. I must have used 8' of hose and 50 tiewraps.
While I was under there I noticed that one of the fresh water tank center supports was loose so I tightened it up. Then I checked under the front (door side) of the frame for wires that may need attention. There were no wires on that side but I did find a potential problem. I found 3 places on the rubber propane hose that goes from the propane regulator to a black pipe fitting under the trailer, that was rubbing the frame and cutting into the propane line. I buffered them with garden hose just like I did the electrical wiring.
Just thought y'all might want to check your propane hose, especially FS2300 owners.

Propane hose crosses over battery rack.

Propane hose crosses under front frame member.

Propane hose crosses over angle iron stabalizer support.

WW FS2300
Old 08-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bubba,
what a find!. just a 'simple' little problem like a leaking propane line near our open campfire.
pics never hurt, but i get your message

And i believe someone else (kelstr) who had made a warning of propane lines recently. It apparently is something all makes and types of trailers should look at?

to actually find spots where the new propane line is being cut into.

thanks Bubba, i will take a look today !
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #4

FatDog, I don't know how close it would ever get to an open camp fire but it IS real close to the water heater flame.
I would hate to be rudely awakened in the middle of the night to the tune of "Come on baby light my fire" even though I am a Doors fan.

WW FS2300
Old 08-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #5

(so am i a fan of the Doors)
every guy here in ToyHauler just snuck their neighbors hose last week after 56Nomad clued us into the wiring potential problem, and here Bubba you have us now hopping over their fence again
again, this has been a good catch
thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #6

Just found a similar potential problem with a water line coming out of the bottom of the fresh water tank and running along the frame behind the step. A piece of angle iron was already digging into the water line. Fixed it!!!

WW FS2300
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #7

i'm starting to wonder if maybe they should leave the generator out of new rigs, and instead install a small Mig welder and a spool of garden hose, (British racing green preferrably)
Old 08-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #8

Well I now know what I'll be doing today. Good catch on this guys!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Thanks for the heads up Bubba. Crawled under the LE and sure enough the propane hose was destined to chafe. Also found some sensor wires that needed to be re bundled and protected. All of the tank sensor contacts had loose screws(begining to believe some installers at WW need their screws tightened) needing tightening. My solution to undercarriage wire contacts is to use liquid tape. The contacts will stay clean without corroding. Good to put some on all ground contacts also. Thanks again Bubba!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Just got this from a friend and thought that all of us that have been, or would liked to have been Bubbas would enjoy it.

<span class="ev_code_RED">"Rednecks"</span>
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that you, like me, have just enough Red Neck in you to have the same beliefs as those talked about in this email.

God Bless the USA

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Happy Trails!!</span>
Old 08-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #11

Dave, its lookin' to me like we are all a band of rednecks here then.
Funny how my ponytail of youth turned to a regular good ol' boy attitude.
Are we doin' it the right way ??

thanks hoss,
SlimDog
Old 08-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think so Mike. Thanks to some excellent moderating, I might add. Perhaps it's why we have such good fun here.

Gotta go check the ribs and pop a longneck. Be back in a bit.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #13

I actually rather suspect its 'cause of guys like yourself and the rest of the hooligans here.
and speakin' of,...
I'm not sure we've heard from Sandy, Griz, Fab, FabRod, and a good number of the others as of late,... but as long as they're getting dust or sand on their toyhaulers bouncing down a dirt road somewhere,.... why there's another mod we can do to the trailers coming up
Old 08-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I got the front half and just behind the axles wrapped tonight. Did the whole run in wire loom. Ran out of loom, light and beer ... must get more! Beer ... the rest can wait!