Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

5th wheel 40+' TH - 1st time buyer

My family is in the market for a brand new 2014 ( or 2015 I guess, hear some are already out? ) we have narrowed it down to 3. The 4114 Cyclone, 39TSG Attitude, or the RW400 road warrior. We must have the at least 14' garage for the toys, and my wife does not want to give up any more living space. We would not be full timers. Planning to try and use it at lease once a month, desert trips in the winter and Lake Havasu trips in the summer. We don't plan on any very cold weather like snow, but we will be in some rather hot weather. Each one has pros and cons, and from all the research I have done all 3 seem to be very close in comparison.

We don't have our mind made up yet but are really leaning towards the Attitude. We are trying to justify the price increase if we were to choose the Cyclone or Road warrior. I wish I could find someone who has owned all 3 haha..

Anyone that has owned any of the 3 care to express there feelings or experience about the trailer its self or the company as far as customer service, standard maintenance, yada yada.

Thanks !
gnarlymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Take a look at the Fuzon by keystone. I have a 2014 FZ390 . The garage is only 12 ft but they have larger. We are full timers. And we love it goog luck.
FULLTIME5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #3

If it says Thor anywhere on the camper DO NOT BUY!
AmieMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Measure the length yourself. My 12' garage ended up being 11' with the addition of the 3 season screen door. My Kawasaki Mule 4x4 Trans is 10' 10". I suspect the useable length never was 12'. Also, if it has the retractable bunks in the garage, measure the height of the lower bunk. We found several models that were not high enough for our Mule to clear. If it has a overhead bunk inside that protrudes into the garage, measure it's height. We also found several models that this was a problem as well. We actually hauled the Mule to the dealer and loaded it before making the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1835.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	55210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1830.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	55211  

2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply's. Amie , care to elaborate why?.. If I had a buck for every time some said that when I ask about brands or w/e I would have .. well proly about 20 - 25 bucks but thats besides the point, lol I cant just go back to my wife and say THORE IS OUT !, why ? Oh cuz Amie said so :P.

Scotty, yea that's why we must have the 14' garage, my buddy got the 12 and it is proving to be a issue with his toys...

We decided that the Attitude is just not what we wanted, we did nto wan tto settel an I think thats what we started to do. We put a deposit down on a RW 400... but just got a call today that there is a 2014 4114 cyclone which they are pretty much matching the price as the RW 400. So were gona go check it out... In the end its gona be a Cyclone or a Road Warrior... Just not sure which..
gnarlymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #6

Lol....we have had nothing but problems with ours! The super slide is digging into our floor and it has shifted which has caused all the trim to break and is now coming apart..it has leaked to the point we had water soaked in the wall..the landing gear switch has broken 4 times so we have been stuck with the landing gear down...my husband had to take apart and fix himself to get the landing gear up....the converter burned up...it has been in the shop 7 months of the 13 months we have had it...it still is not fixed..I could go on but these r just SOME of the issues.
AmieMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #7

We bought a Cyclone 4100 King last year. Had an issue with the hydrolic leveling system as it went nuts ans bent the 12" I-Beam frame rail!! Cyclone was only OK and pushed me off on the frame mfg. However they stepped up and sent out a truck finding a weld was missed on a cross brace which caused the problem. Their repair man was a craftsman and was able to straighten and add additional bracing to the frame as well as complete thr missing weld. Zero issues since. Gave me a life time warranty on the repair.

Other than that (which was a big deal for sure) the unit has had few issues most I fixed myself. However beware! The tires many call "china bombs" made by Towmax are JUNK. I put 6 new Brigstone Durvas LT commerical tires on it from Costco for around $1300 . In my opinion this is not optional the factory tiresmwhich many mfgs use are junk and limited to 65mph max as the are ST tires. The Brigstones weighed more by themselves than the Towmax's mounted on the rims! We went to the Keys for fall break last year and I would not have went that far with the cheap tires.....

Now it probably sounds like I hate the Cyclone, I don't in fact it overall is awesome and well made. All of these things will have something and most come with super cheap tires. Make your dealer replace them in the deal and your golden...

Sccott
csdavis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We looked at the Redwood Hobby Hauler as most of the others we looked at had a lil too 'utilitarian' living quarters for 'she who must be obeyed'

Here's a trailer life article that might help:

Luxury Toy Haulers
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTIME5ers View Post
Take a look at the Fuzon by keystone. I have a 2014 FZ390 . The garage is only 12 ft but they have larger. We are full timers. And we love it goog luck.
I have a '12 Fuzion 399. It has a 14 foot garage. It'll fit a Kawasaki Teryx4 without any problems,...height and length wise. I don't encourage anyone to buy a Fuzion. I just inform people on my experiences and my thoughts on what to look for. The problems that I had, were all results from the poor quality of the build from the factory. Bathroom door latch not aligned, cabinet latches also, had to add felt pads to all the cabinet doors, towed the trailer less than 50 miles for our 1st shakedown trip, and had two screws on the floor from the sliding glass door, plus 3 or 4 other ones were backing out also, had the front entry door not lock completely with deadbolt, and had to get a solenoid replaced for the landing gear. One thing you need to be aware of too, is the paint that they use on the front cap is cheap, and will fade pretty quickly. My front cap faded in less than a year. Just thought that I'd share my experience. It's up to you to make a decision from there.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #10

We purchased our first TH 5th W new late last fall. Its a 2013 41.4 Ft 3650 Columbus w/12ft Garage. The bathroom door would not latch after a short trip. Dealer lowerd the stricker plate and shimmed it out 1/4" and it now latches. I claim it its a broken Lippert frame as the door jam is shifting up and away from the front of the door. They said all trailers shift somewhat and this is normal. I am concerned and we'll have to see what comes up when we take it out this year.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure if you found an adequate toy hauler or not yet...but I just posted ours here and you will not find a more heavy duty rig than this...Its made by Newmar and they are few and far between due to higher cost. They stopped making these rigs because people shopped for price not quality...this rig weighs in at 20,000 lbs which rules out a lot of truck options. It does have a full 14 ft garage and 3000 lb ramp door. Be careful of the rest...check mine out with no issues and confident running gear. Good Luck
Camper_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselOne View Post
We purchased our first TH 5th W new late last fall. Its a 2013 41.4 Ft 3650 Columbus w/12ft Garage. The bathroom door would not latch after a short trip. Dealer lowerd the stricker plate and shimmed it out 1/4" and it now latches. I claim it its a broken Lippert frame as the door jam is shifting up and away from the front of the door. They said all trailers shift somewhat and this is normal. I am concerned and we'll have to see what comes up when we take it out this year.

They had to do all of that on my trailer too. I'm laughing at your dealer right now. "All" trailers don't shift. It's so funny that I never had any simple issues like that with first two THs. I used to tow them 80 mph loaded,...from Phx to Dallas all the time, and never had any problems whatsoever. The reason that he said its normal, is because all of the trailers that come through their lot, ends up having to get worked on. Anything that has to get done on a regular basis becomes "normal." If you can, talk to some people who have older model trailers,...like '06 and older,...and see what type of issues they have had. I bet it won't be the same as what we're having these days.

Tags
5th wheel