Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey HD, I'd be in their face right away. WW that is. Don't play with the middle man. There has to be some kind of answer.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #16

Tom,

That's what I want to do, that's for sure...........after WW hadn't called all day, I called them........voicemail grrrrr.

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #17

Wes,

Go figure that they don't retrn the call!!!

Stay after them, message on answer machine, call first think Monday. Also, get the dealer to weight that think this weekend, then you have an actual weight to work with when you talk to WW.

Good luck,

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #18

HD:

You may want to shout a bit on glamisdunes.com also...I think WW pays more attention to that forum (not that they don't for iRV2, but that one is closer to their MO).

Hope the best for ya...if you were talking about an SLC, I could tell you that the sticker weights really don't mean anything, but I wouldn't want to pretend I knew anything about the FSCs. FWIW...I finally figured out why they only tag the SLCs with a 15k gvwr...anything over that you have to have a commercial DL to tow (and it goes purely by the sticker'd gvwr- you can tow morem but then you get into the overweight gray side of RVs). The SLCs axles are 6,000lb axles and 7,000 stopping, so technically (notwithstanding the gvwr) you can load to 18k. Tire/wheel size is then the only limiting factor (hence going to 16's). Maybe this same type of issue can be applied to your situation? What are the axle ratings? Only being two of them, then are tire/wheel size an issue?

Just some things to ponder!

Sean
Old 06-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
HD:

You may want to shout a bit on glamisdunes.com also...I think WW pays more attention to that forum (not that they don't for iRV2, but that one is closer to their MO).

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the heads up on that.....done. Maybe this'll put a bug in their ear.

BTW: I didnt talk to my dealer today, went out of town. Nothing like cruising with the top down and listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan. Gawd Ya just gotta love the blues for makin ya feel good. " The blues ain't about feeling bad, unless feeling bad makes you feel good".
Old 06-11-2005, 11:43 PM   #20

HD, I had to take my trailer to Peris three time for the same reocurring problem. Over and over again they tried to put a bandaid on it. Finally I got my lawyer involved (I know, go ahead and say it), But it did the trick. They pawned me off to this Brian guy in service, and after the lawyer made him cry they fixed the problem. You got to realize that WW is like any other company out there, they care a great deal about the bottom line, in fact, it seems like sometimes thats all they understand, so you have to deal with them on their level. As well, they make a very popular product, so they have that in the back of their minds as well. If you dont buy it, someone else will. I know it suck, but stick it out and youll get through. Sometimes you have to remind these people that you just spent $30-$40K at their company.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #21

WW still won't return my calls, so I don't know what to think.

My dealer called this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to take the trailer. No. I told them that the tech at WW said that tires alone wouldn't work but now they won't talk to me.

He said that they have been in contact with WW and that WW said it would work. Hmmmmmm

I also told them my concerns about 15" E rated Titans being installed. They're the only one that makes this size and if they quit making them I'll be SOL. Also, I've heard the stock rims can't handle the 80 PSI required by these tires.

I also asked them to have the thing weighed so we can be assured that the weight sticker is accurate.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WW still won't return my calls, so I don't know what to think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now i'm really wondering how this will play out.
Its really hard to think of too many viable options other then a good axle/wheel/tire combination.
The thing that makes me scratch my forehead here, is the not returning of phone calls. I've only had to call WW a very small handful of times over the years but always had someone get on the other end of the line, and was always able to get to a tech guy in the back if I needed to. That has always been part of my big comfort level with them.
Hopefully this is just one of those "when you're busy you're busy" things and someone will come up with the solution soon.

Maybe they swap this trailer for a triple and outfit it with 16's?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #23

OK guys....I've got a idea

If HD wants us to make this work for him (HD...it's your call....), then we all can call (800)500-9914 and say "wassup" for him! Imagine a whole bunch sticking up for one...isn't this what's it all about?

HD: We're here for ya...just give us the go, and we'll charge!

Can't help but HELP others also...kinda sorrta like "multitaskin'"...

Sean
Old 06-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #24

Oh man Sean, that's a super nice offer, and it really makes me feel good to know you are with me on this.

I talked to the owner of the dealership and told him of my concerns and that WW hasn't returned my calls.

An hour later I get a call from WW tech and so I once again explain my concerns. He said they've never shipped 15" E rated tires as an upgrade, always 16".

He once again takes my info and is supposed to call tomarrow.

Today on another forum, I learned another FSC2800 owner with the factory 16" upgrade is getting a new weight sticker for his.

Maybe I'm starting to get somewhere with this. If not I just might take you up on the offer.

Thanks much.

Wes
Old 06-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #25

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Wes,
thats an encouraging step in the right direction. Wouldn't you prefer the 16's over the 15's anyway?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #26

Wes:

Ahhh...it looks like you may get an answer...cross your fingers!

If not...then there's always Plan B...keep us posted, ok?

Sean
Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #27

Wes,

Things are sounding a little better, hope they work out. Remember stay after them, or all us folks here are going to shut down their phone banks!!!

If you get the chance, by all means go with the 16's.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:41 PM   #28

Wes:

I'm headin out to WW today or tomorrow ...anybody you want me to bend their ears?

Sean